DK Frost Casting Skills not connecting? Bug?

Alright, after about a entire week of this happening, I figured it was time to post to see if anyone else is having this issue.

I am a DW DK using a 0/43/28 spec (http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...h=131221040506).

So, after alot of testing in raids (both 25 and 10) I have come to the conclusion that there is something seriously bugged with frost skills connecting with targets. Here is more info.

Lets say we are fighting Sapphiron. Obviously a giant boss. About 10 seconds into the fight, I have both my diseases on the target, 2 death runes, 2 frost runes up. As this spec its best if I spam 4 Icy Touches. So I spam all 4. The animation goes off but no damage what-so-ever registers. It uses the runes and casts it as normal, but the skill just doesn't connect. Infact it does not even show damage on the boss, a miss, a resist, nothing...

So after 4 useless Icy Touches, I try a Howling blast. Nothing. Plague strike works, blood strike works, all melee abilities connect to the boss without any issue. Now, I figure something is bugged on my end, so I ask the tank to take 1 step back and reposition the boss slightly. Howling Blast connects for 9k. I think to myself, awesome i connected!

So I start prepping skills on boss again, Icy touch 4 more times. First connects, the next 3 don't register. At this point I am kinda upset, and try another HB. Nothing.

So Maybe it was how I was positioned to the boss, so I move to the other side. Nothing.

This is my experience on almost every boss in Naxx. I never have issues hitting my IT on trash, but for some reason my HB is having issues even on trash.

Now, YES I am at skill hit cap, infact I am about 5% above it. After about 4 bosses of this happening to me last night, I said screw it and respecced into Scourge Strike. No problem what so ever, all IT hit, everything was fine.

So here is the break down:

Something is causing 90% of my FROST skills to not register on bosses when I am specced 0/43/28.

Something is causing my Howling blast to occationally not register on trash.

When the target is moved, the bug goes away for 1 skill then is back.

Is this a known issue? Because basically with the HB cooldown being removed, I would want to use this spec more and more.

It might have to do with the fact that I am proccing Killing Machine a ton being that I am DW.

If videos are needed I can record this weekend. Frankly I find its odd that it is only Frost "Casting" skills, nothing else. Is anyone else having this issue?

Re: DK Frost Casting Skills not connecting? Bug?

It may be some type of bug, which would be pretty bad considering the upcoming HB changes...

You should know by now though that someone will ask for a WWS to see what else is going on .

The ingame combat log is really crap for rapid fire type abilities, unless it has been seriously improved. If you have KM going off left and right, with the activation/de-activation of death runes and skills + white htis all thrown in the combat log will start to omit certain items...as well as the SCT in game.

It could be that...or it may be something else.

What presence were you using? I assume Blood, but it would seem Unholy Pres. would screw up SCT/Combat Log even more due to faster GCD usage.

It's blood.

And I know its not the combat log. When I am in 10m and normally I can break 4k dps on bosses without breaking much of a sweat (when not frost specced)...you can REALLY tell when I am not able to connect with skills.

I actually had someone in my raid ask last night "why is it taking us so much longer to down this boss". Basically with no skills connecting I was only pumpin out like 1.8k DPS.

It was REALLY noticeable that I was unable to do the damage I normally do. I will have to WWS it, but I already know its not connecting and not just my SCT not showing it.

Didn't doubt you ...just knew what would be coming from alot of the more seasoned members here.

2nd question...have you posted/spoke to a GM about it? The DK forums probably would not be a good place for it...I'd throw it in the bug report forum.

hmm, never seen that before. Im a frost dw tank and if that happened to me im sure i wouldnt be tanking naxx much longer >.<
    Chances are you're going to be given the gear that'll get the job done rather than the gear that has to be constructed entirely out of the nipples of a 7,000 year-old dragon.