Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Latest WL bluepost + translation here!

Warlock changes
    Bevelton, the reason you're not seeing changes yet is for exactly the reason you suggest. We don't want to tweak a few numbers here and there. We are taking a comprehensive look at all three trees of warlocks and then we plan to unleash all of the changes at once. The downside of this approach is that the work takes longer to complete.

I know there are a dozen threads swearing that THE PROBLEMS ARE OBVIOUS and THE SOLUTIONS ARE OBVIOUS and DEMAND CHANGE NOW!1!!. What should be obvious is that we don't think the situation is that cut and dried. I did post fairly recently (within a month or two perhaps) on what we thought the major warlock issues were. Players seem to have a hard time finding it or perhaps they are just impatient.

We don't consdier things like tweaking glyphs and changing Ritual of Summoning as major changes to the class. We don't expect to see a huge difference in how you play the game. They are just small quality of life issues. The Felhunter glyph was just a bad glyph -- a trivial amount of dps. It was a relatively easy thing to fix.
    Although english is not my nativ language, I think I should translate this bluepost.

Bevelton, the reason you're not seeing changes yet is for exactly the reason you suggest. We don't want to tweak a few numbers here and there. We are taking a comprehensive look at all three trees of warlocks and then we plan to unleash all of the changes at once. The downside of this approach is that the work takes longer to complete.

Translated:
    We don´t have any idea what to with warlocks. Once again we only focused on PvE. This PvE focus made some other classes superior in PvP. Now we are coming up with cheap excuses for not changing anything until we have an Idea on what to do.

I know there are a dozen threads swearing that THE PROBLEMS ARE OBVIOUS and THE SOLUTIONS ARE OBVIOUS and DEMAND CHANGE NOW!1!!. What should be obvious is that we don't think the situation is that cut and dried. I did post fairly recently (within a month or two perhaps) on what we thought the major warlock issues were. Players seem to have a hard time finding it or perhaps they are just impatient.

Tranlated:
    Bla bla blup.

or

Now I´m using sensless phrases to make you think, we are acctually doing something.

We don't consdier things like tweaking glyphs and changing Ritual of Summoning as major changes to the class. We don't expect to see a huge difference in how you play the game. They are just small quality of life issues. The Felhunter glyph was just a bad glyph -- a trivial amount of dps. It was a relatively easy thing to fix.

Translated:

What are you complaining about anyway? We gave you 2 imba buffs. No one can port other players into instances like a warlock. No one of you wanted this bullshit buffs but at least you got something. Due to this buffs, you have enough shards for PvP left, wich will maybe help you in PvP, too. But the only reason why we gave you this stupid buffs was the fact that we have no fucking idea how we should make a WL viable in PvP without nerfing any meele class. But at least we wanted to make you fell, we care. Although it´s obvious that we don´t care at all.

Yes, this is WL QQing. So you don´t need to tell me. You shouldn´t do it anyway if you play a Pala that was QQing from WoW start until patch 3.something or play a Rogue, Druid or DK.

Re: Latest WL bluepost + translation here!

Okay 4 things;

1. Because other people QQ then its okay for you too? great mind set you have young one.
    2. Warlocks may currently not be viable for pvp granted but if you think for one second that blizz niehter cares or is working on fixing this then you are a complete idiot.
    3. If blizz has no clue how to fix it why dont you go work for them and show them how to balance all the classes perfectly, i mean if you complainign about it you must actualy have the ultimate answer that the PROFESIONALS havnt got.
    4. QQ more and expect lots of people to flame you sencless as frankly 99% of mmo population is sick of it
    I have loved to the point of madness; That which is called madness, That which to me, is the only sensible way to love.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eeket/advanced

If someone tells you can't QQ then just provide them this link and they can stfu

http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/playe...l/all/all/all/

Quote Originally Posted by Zarosia
    Okay 4 things;

1. Because other people QQ then its okay for you too? great mind set you have young one.
    2. Warlocks may currently not be viable for pvp granted but if you think for one second that blizz niehter cares or is working on fixing this then you are a complete idiot.
    3. If blizz has no clue how to fix it why dont you go work for them and show them how to balance all the classes perfectly, i mean if you complainign about it you must actualy have the ultimate answer that the PROFESIONALS havnt got.
    4. QQ more and expect lots of people to flame you sencless as frankly 99% of mmo population is sick of it
    1.) sensless point^^
    2.) if they do, why do they let us wait that long and why aren´t they giving us any hope by telling us what thier plans are to make a WL viable in PvP again?
    3.) well if someone would offer me a dev job, I guess I wouldn´t say no. The problems of WLs in PvP are obvious and the solutions too. But if a bluepost says no it´s not, the nerds like think the bluepost is right.
    4.) FU damn Blizzard fanboy. You are obviously not playing a WL. Could it be, that you are only afraid of being owned by a WL with 0 skill again?

Quote Originally Posted by Borak
    See I really found this part of the Blue Post insulting. Blizzard had 5 months of Beta and months of Live to implement something, one attempt to combat these issues, and nothing was done. Its not that Warlocks have become impatient. Warlocks have LOST patience after 7 months of the same result without 1 fix. I also have sympathy for priests as they are experiencing the same issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarosia
    ^^
    Read Above.
    Its not that I(we) think they dont care. They dont appear to care enough. Rolling out arenas when they know 2 classes are at a serious disadvantage exudes a lack of respect. Blizzard is well aware that these two classes will have to struggle to "catch up and learn". Not only are these two classes already at a disadvantage now, they will be at a disadvantage for most of S5 (always having worse PvP gear than the rest of the player base).

Now Blizzard can claim that PvE is their priority but they should not lock out people who PAY to use their product from one from one entire section of the game. There are PvP servers for that reason.

For me, personally, I would like to hear actual steps Devs are taking to fix the issues. NOT BLANKET STATEMENTS (look at me, I can use caps too). It reminds me of when you are assigned a group to do a project with in college; one person claims they will contribute to the work but never do by the time you need it done. Thats great Blizzard is working on fixing their errors. Too bad its too late for S5
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

15+ Year Old Account

I think both of you got valid points.

Ofcos BLZ dont do stupid changes they see of having a huge risk of fucking smt up. They do what they think is best for the time being, however their priority can change which will impact on the risk. Some hotfix balance must get out but they know it might screw smt up etc etc.

To back up all pissed of warlock PvPplayers, BLZ known the issues for about 4,5 months and done jack shit.
    BLZ list of how to deny:

* nothing is wrong
    * nothing is wrong, you just need to get used to your new skills & talents
    * nothing is really wrong it will become better with resilliance
    * something IS wrong just so much more issues than we could have forseen (ironic?) that it will take time to change
    (in the last bluepost BLZ turn the table and try to sound like they had no imput on theses issues for months and that they need time... zz zzz)
    < Here are locks atm>
    3 months more passes
    * warlocks in PvP are fixed
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

pshhh, 7 months... try 4 seasons. I played a hunter thru TBC ;D

Blizz is working on every class but your own. And soon, they will all be OP'd. Except warlocks. Because that's what you play.

Quote Originally Posted by Ofmanv
    If someone tells you can't QQ then just provide them this link and they can stfu

http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/player/2/all/all/all/all
    The representation of classes at the start of season 5 is based purely on people's bias of the class.

geez 2 locks are over 1900 already. one with a resto shaman nonetheless, the other with a DK

some people can win regardless of class, spec, gear. i forget what its called when u can win without those.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Loretto
    pshhh, 7 months... try 4 seasons. I played a hunter thru TBC ;D
    Yea BLZ acted very unproffesional towards hunters in S4. Dont understand how they can fuck a class up and not be able to fix it for months.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Stop paying to play WoW, then? Bitching on an internet forum won't change anything. Deal with it or leave.
    Loremaster Papelbon - Level 80 Gnome Warlock - US Elune

Quote Originally Posted by Borak
    Although english is not my nativ language, I think I should translate this bluepost.

Translated:
    We don´t have any idea what to with warlocks. Once again we only focused on PvE. This PvE focus made some other classes superior in PvP. Now we are coming up with cheap excuses for not changing anything until we have an Idea on what to do.

Tranlated:
    Bla bla blup.

or

Now I´m using sensless phrases to make you think, we are acctually doing something.

Translated:

What are you complaining about anyway? We gave you 2 imba buffs. No one can port other players into instances like a warlock. No one of you wanted this bullshit buffs but at least you got something. Due to this buffs, you have enough shards for PvP left, wich will maybe help you in PvP, too. But the only reason why we gave you this stupid buffs was the fact that we have no fucking idea how we should make a WL viable in PvP without nerfing any meele class. But at least we wanted to make you fell, we care. Although it´s obvious that we don´t care at all.

Yes, this is WL QQing. So you don´t need to tell me. You shouldn´t do it anyway if you play a Pala that was QQing from WoW start until patch 3.something or play a Rogue, Druid or DK.
    You sir are absolutely

GENIOUS

When I read that blue post I had a very similar translation. I thought it was only me and that they would actually do something, now that I see some people actually agree I can say so that I was right.
    Q.: What happens when a Paladin uses Consecration while at the same time a Death Knight puts up Desecration?

A.: No man's land.

You know what it is?

Faggots who are still stuck in S1
    Idiots who listened to Nyhm's YouTube video 1 too many times
    Morons who believe everything they're told about Warlocks by non-Warlocks
    But worse than any of them Warlocks who brag about how easy it was before, EVERY CLASS IS EASY.

I'm so sick and tired that everytime these type of threads come up where blamed for early TBC's status, they blatently ignore the fact that 1) SL/SL's success came from having good Synergy with Resto Druids, ever try sl/sl with a Holy Pally or a Resto Shaman? Yet not nearly as good now was it. 2) SL/SL lost a lot of damage, as a result each season it got weaker and weaker to the point where it was nearly better to grab the Felguard instead.

Because people kept QQing and still even suggest we deserve it because of a brief period back then (whilst Warriors and Rogues have always been PvP AND PvE gods) blizzard gives into them making our class an absolute joke.

15+ Year Old Account

Would like to pve with a Rogues but not pvp, its such a lame, pretty lowskill class with a few win/escape skills that no1 else got, its no wonder they been more or less on the top every season.

I want a challange, hence refusing to play a rogue. On the other hand the state of warlocks now is not a challange (its a mental institution stamp on ur forehead).
    In Strand (if i actually try to involve myself in combat ) I spend as much time playing the game in color as in black & white.

I do however feel confident that BLZ will fix this mess, but im pretty pesemistic and think that it will be at the price of 50%+ of the arena season passed already.
    Maybe time to play a rogue after all. Since the developers like them and just happent to make them topvalid every single season without much change to winbuttons.

I can handle losing a fight with another toon, sometimes they are just the better player, sometimes they have cooldowns up, sometimes they just get lucky. But to consistantly get killed while being perpetually stunlocked and unable to use any abilities at all, is awful. You cant use your lock port, your meta, or even deathcoil. About the only viable strat I can can come up with is in a BG to find 3 rogue friends and have em stealth out while you troll around in a big path as bait. And to add insult to injury, we get see stealth , when our VW is channeling its heal?? Wtf is that? Who runs around with the VW channeling heal when its healed? Didi Blizz take a look around and surmise, "dammit locks arn't using VW in BG!" lets fix that!...Thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by Marakara
    The representation of classes at the start of season 5 is based purely on people's bias of the class.
    This is what I hate about people trying to making sweeping generalizations. Do you realize 11 million people play WoW? Do you have any idea how ignorant it is to just assume 11 million people are just biased?

Maybe a better reason warlocks aren't making it to any of the top teams is because warlocks are the problem? See, that makes a whole lot more sense.

Warlocks only making 4% of the top 100 groups in each bracket in each battlegroup isn't swayed by a handful of people being "biased".

Quote Originally Posted by direlock
    I can handle losing a fight with another toon, sometimes they are just the better player, sometimes they have cooldowns up, sometimes they just get lucky. But to consistantly get killed while being perpetually stunlocked and unable to use any abilities at all, is awful. You cant use your lock port, your meta, or even deathcoil. About the only viable strat I can can come up with is in a BG to find 3 rogue friends and have em stealth out while you troll around in a big path as bait. And to add insult to injury, we get see stealth , when our VW is channeling its heal?? Wtf is that? Who runs around with the VW channeling heal when its healed? Didi Blizz take a look around and surmise, "dammit locks arn't using VW in BG!" lets fix that!...Thanks..
    That´s exactly the point. I have no problem with it, if my opponent was simply better than me or if he could use his cds while mine are down.
    But some skills are just stupid. Pala beating the crap out of me, while he is immune to everyting. Rogue 2 Hiting me...

Today I had a nice expirence in wss.
    Pala vs me. We were both down to something like 10% and I keept the Pala on range. I got a backlash and hit the Pala with a Incinerate 2,4k damage, he survied with somthing about 1k and gave me his hammer of warth (not shure if it´s the correct translation) for 4,4 k damage and I died. oO
    WTF?
    It´s ok for me if he does high meele damage on me. But FU Blizzard, I am the caster and I think I should do more damage with an magic range spell than a meele Paladin. What does he need a high damage instant range spell for?
    If I didn´t had a backlash procc, I would have casted 2,25 sec. for doing only half the damage of an instant magic attack of a meele class?

People who still think, wls are fine and there is no urgent need to fix anything, are either complete morons or they are afraid to get thier 0 skill asses killed again by wls and lose the only class they are able to kill easily.

it is QQ... but nonetheless funny

we were OP for a long time... its only fair for us to suck for a while.

Nope, we were not. Top listed was Druid - Warrior - Rogue - Priest - Warlock (In arena)
    #5 out of 9 classes. So we were in the midle.
    Maybe a little OP in 1vs1 and duel.
    Please list sourse, I see Deathknights, Rogues and Paladins all at the top pretty much