Thread: Trying Blood

Trying Blood

I dinged 70, respec'd to Blood and put Fallen Crusader on my weapon. I played unholy all the way up to 70. I know and love my unholy rotation, but I cant seem to find the right rotation for blood. I always find myself waiting 5+ seconds on runes. I have 1800AP and 30% crit, yet it takes me atleast 2 full sets of rune cooldowns to kill a single mob (much less a player).

People keep telling me Blood is the leveling spec, I just don't understand how, it is so terribly slower too me.

What is your blood rotation?

Please help.

Re: Trying Blood

PS-IT-HS-HS-OB (DC when runes on CD)
    PS-IT-HS-HS-HS-HS (DC when runes on CD) i think there was one more HS here but can't rememebr i do it automaticly now

That works alot better than what i was trying. I'm so used to unholy, it seems strange using the same thing 4 times in a single rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightsorrow
    PS-IT-HS-HS-OB (DC when runes on CD)
    PS-IT-HS-HS-HS-HS (DC when runes on CD) i think there was one more HS here but can't rememebr i do it automaticly now

4 is correct

I am Annihilation specced, so I don't need to refresh diseases after the OB, so my rotation goes:

PS-IT-HS-HS-OB-(DC dump)
    OB-HS-HS-HS-HS(DC dump)

If you don't have Glacier Rot, it's up to you wether to start with PS or IT, since if you don't have it, IT won't get the added damage bonus from PS anyway.

That's the ideal single target rotation though, from my experience (I leveled 5 levels doing saturday, so I have some), this is not the case when leveling.

On single target, I get to: PS-IT-HS-OB, if not dead, DC dumps (hence why the annihilation can wait till 80, unless you plan on doing a lot of instances before 80). Throwing in a DS when needed. With glyphs, that baby heals me for 3-4k on crit

On multiply targets, I usually drop down af DnD first, then PS-IT-Pest and then I pretty much just spam HS/RS* macro, or DC when Sudden Doom is up and occasionally DS to heal.

* HS/RS macro: My HS button is actually a macro with Rune Strike and Heart Strike, making sure Rune Strike is used whenever it's up. That thing hits HARD. I easily crit 5k.

Hope that will help you a bit.

R.I.P: Prefix (T6 Resto Shaman) - DK DPS Compendium
    R.I.P: Valkyr (T4'ish BM Hunter) - UH DPS Compendium