24375 armor
    2807 ap
    540 def
    23.03% dodge
    18.91% parry (28.91% in combat)
    216 hit
    21 expertise

My single target rotation is

IT > PS > BS > BS > OB. Then OB/FS when its ready. Refresh diseases when needed. Runestrike macroed to everything.

Finding I have to Blood Tap to continue without waiting for runes to return.
    In heroics my TPS ranges from 2k - 3, 3.5-4k if i crit a few times.

In raids seems to be the same, real struggle to keep ahead of the dps sometimes. AOE threat is fine.

Am I doing something wrong, gimped my spec somehow?

Re: Just Me or Do I Have a TPS Problem.

your not using death and decay?

I'm not a fan of your spec and I think you're doing something wrong single target wise...

As far as your spec is concerned, I'd recommend http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=j0xZGxezccdMhRVsotcx. It gives you 6 points that you can spend wherever, but gives you some of the necessities. I've never had a problem with this frost build, but it's all preferences anyway.

Why use rune strike when frost strike is better? Why use Obliterate when Deathstrike is so much better (in that it makes it easier on your healer)?

It's also Possible you're focusing on using too many aoe abilities at the expense of all else...I might also add that Death and Decay, until the patch, is THE ability (imo) to gain threat. Granted, it takes micro management. But then this class is all about micro management.

Again, I've never had problems with this build, and I apologize, but I'm currently dps specced on the armory, otherwise I'd link it.

Why use rune strike when frost strike is better?
    runestrike isnt on the gcd. frost strike is and is mainly used as a rp dump.

your not using death and decay?
    only on aoe pulls usually.

Well id keep with runestrike as it's macroed and after the patch it will give you abit more threat. But hey im just a retard dpser so what do i know about tanking?

Quote Originally Posted by Lubu
    I'm not a fan of your spec and I think you're doing something wrong single target wise...

As far as your spec is concerned, I'd recommend http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=j0xZGxezccdMhRVsotcx. It gives you 6 points that you can spend wherever, but gives you some of the necessities. I've never had a problem with this frost build, but it's all preferences anyway.

Why use rune strike when frost strike is better? Why use Obliterate when Deathstrike is so much better (in that it makes it easier on your healer)?

It's also Possible you're focusing on using too many aoe abilities at the expense of all else...I might also add that Death and Decay, until the patch, is THE ability (imo) to gain threat. Granted, it takes micro management. But then this class is all about micro management.

Again, I've never had problems with this build, and I apologize, but I'm currently dps specced on the armory, otherwise I'd link it.
    I cant imagine why you would give someone complaining of threat problems a spec like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stiix
    only on aoe pulls usually.
    im unholy meself and my dps arent uber geared were just starting 26 man stuff last week. but then most of my gear is blue to so im as gimped as them tbh i find if i keep dnd down on cd i can damn near just afk between refreshes.

id seriously give it a try it messes your cycle up and i tend to sit there waiting for it a fair time but it does soo much threat its well worth using on single targets to

runestrike isnt on the gcd. frost strike is and is mainly used as a rp dump.
    True, but you never even said you USE frost strike. And frankly, I don't have the RP to use Runestrike often anyway, but then, I don't sit on it and use it well before it gets to 130.

Obliterate does way more threat than Death Strike, which does a pitifully low amount of damage, translating to a low amount of threat. If he is having threat problems, this is definitely not a solution.
    IF he's having problems WITH Obliterate, then everything's off ANYWAY. I'm just telling him what I do and how I have success with it, which seemed to be the point of his thread to begin with.

I cant imagine why you would give someone complaining of threat problems a spec like that.
    And I gave him a spec similar to what I use, and I have no problems. Again, his question was what pointers we have for him. I'm telling him what I do, with great success.

IT > PS > BS > BS > OB. Then OB/FS
    Pretty sure FS = Frost Strike

Didn't see it, my bad

Try speccing into Epidemic. This will allow you to do IT-PS-BS-BS-Oblit followed by Oblit-Oblit-Oblit. The tps isn't a huge difference since you're trading IT+PS+2 seconds of disease time for 1x Oblit, but it's still better. It also helps tons when you're aoe tanking. Also if you're not using bladed armor in the blood tree.. well, use it. The difference in ap, thus threat, is pretty impressive. If you're still having problems, just gear a little more towards threat stats, especially expertise.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Avadon
    Also if you're not using bladed armor in the blood tree.. well, use it. The difference in ap, thus threat, is pretty impressive. If you're still having problems, just gear a little more towards threat stats, especially expertise.
    Bold and underline this repeatedly, and read it often.

Bladed Armor nets me around 850-900 extra AP UNBUFFED in Frost Presence and my tank kit. It's ridiculously good for TPS.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I have a similar build to what you are using (OP) i do have killing machine though and i find it a nice added bonus. Im not boosting a ton of crit but with a fury warrior and horn up raid buffed im close to 20-25 which really does help threat. when frost strike is critting almost every time its a huge buff. Im still only pulling about 5-6tps which is enough on most but 3 drakes burn the shit out of the first guy can be troublesome. Damn us getting no bonus from heroism

I never spec without bladed armor.

um, yeah...did you get the memo? We need a cover sheet up on all TPS reports....yeah....that'd be grreeaatt.

As a ret paladin who is doing 2100-2200 dps in 5 mans and near 2600 dps in raids, I find I pull off of DK's far more than any other class and 2600 dps isn't amazing dps, it's only "good" dps.

I know titan grip warriors that do 3k-3.5k and rogues and hunters that are capable of doing even more.

I personally prefer using death and decay on mine [but I'm only 65 on mine so wtf do I know] but I do find that it generates a lot of threat, even on single target pulls, it's a bit spendy to cast but it generates a good amount of threat and might make for a quick fix until you either get better gear or until they improve DK threat.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21
    um, yeah...did you get the memo? We need a cover sheet up on all TPS reports....yeah....that'd be grreeaatt.
    It saddens me that this quote didn't appear in the first couple replies. Sigh, kids these days.