Thread: Lvling a druid

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lvling a druid

Hi all

I got a lvl 32 druid which i planning to make my main. But i wonder which way is fastest to lvl.

Feral al the way
    feral till 40 and then balance
    Or just balance al the way.

Main shaman: Shaman Alt Paladin: Paladin
    Alt lvl 73 mage: Mage Alt lvl 70 Death knight: Death Knight
    Random dungeon project: Druid Battleground project: Rogue
    Worgen project: Warlock Future alt: Hunter

Re: Lvling a druid

Quote Originally Posted by Annaconda

Feral al the way

leveld feral and my buddy lvld balance he lvld to 70 in 3 days les time. feral dps blows chunks til 60 and even then moonkin destroys feral from 60-80.

i lvld resto form 60-70 and it was faster then lvling feral. and i lvl 70-80 as moonkin which i lvld 70-80 faster as balanced druid then i did as BM hunter.
    Quote Originally Posted by figginnoob
    Or, maybe you could start a trend by playing WoW with your elbows. Then you could say, "WoW! Look at me! I play WoW with my elbows! I'm HARDCORE!". Then you could feel satisfied knowing that you're awesome 'cause you play with your elbows and are much better than those sorry casual scrubs that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Annaconda
    Feral al the way
    Gear for feral is really easier to get (i.e. there's more of it)

My char is pretty good geared atm because he was twink. But still as feral he doesn't kill fast enough i get the idee. But no downtime.
    Main shaman: Shaman Alt Paladin: Paladin
    Alt lvl 73 mage: Mage Alt lvl 70 Death knight: Death Knight
    Random dungeon project: Druid Battleground project: Rogue
    Worgen project: Warlock Future alt: Hunter

I leveled my Druid as balance in full resto gear, 2 or 3 shoted stuff and the mana regen was so high i never went oom unless fighting an elite or Hurricane'ing groups of mobs. Keep in mind this was 70-80. I tried feral for a level and immediatly went back to balance, maybee I was just tired of melee haveing just leveled my pally.

Feral dps might be lower, but dont underestimate the possibility to tank! Tanks are always needed, specially while lvling. And I think you need to get good gear to not have downtime as a boomkin.

When you get dire bear form you can tank a lot of elites to death as well.

As you might can hear I lvl'ed as feral :P

I went feral from day one, i found it to have its usefulness

I'm leveling a druid too, just dinged 55 and these are my talent build and glyphs:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...h=101200050700
    I took Glyph of maul purely because i like tanking, but for leveling It isn't really great.
    Any tips for me?

Leveling 1-55 I went Feral
    55-64 Boomkin

Back to feral again, Feral cleans up nicely now and with the right gear you can switch to bear form and pull 3-4 mobs and swipe them down.

im making a druid right now and i planing to be a very good player with the druid class... i really want to u guyz to help me... i want feral because i want to tank and dps as well with, pratically, the same build... u guyz have a tip or a talent build for me to follow to from 10 to 80 ? because the guides out there is out of date...
    =\

thanks ^^

im lvl 74 atm with my feral druid and i was balance half a lvl and it sucks its really annoying i got nearly 1k spellpower and the dmg is good but with my feral druid i hit 1.6k shreds and often kill mobs within one pounce feral all the way.
    User has been banned permanently for trolling, due to the following post:
    "- making ur pet stronger than a warrior and getting bladestorm and all those cool attacks and yea dont forget that the warlock should get 2 talent points instead of 1 every level."

no downtime with feral. Even more so with imp LotP
    Signature too large...

Quote Originally Posted by mamacita
    im lvl 74 atm with my feral druid and i was balance half a lvl and it sucks its really annoying i got nearly 1k spellpower and the dmg is good but with my feral druid i hit 1.6k shreds and often kill mobs within one pounce feral all the way.
    I found at lvl 74 that Starfire was critting for about 5-6k, which meant I would often 2 shot a mob even if only the first spell was a crit - I enjoyed levelling as feral from 60-70, but also thoroughly enjoyed levelling 70-80 as balance (and found it equally as efficient). I reckon you can't go wrong either way, so decide what you want to do at 80 and pick a levelling spec that matches gear so that when you hit 80 you don't have to do a full gear change.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Nice thing about leveling feral is that you can solo virtually any group quest, even if you're under-level.
    No downtime at all, dunno why people would say it has bad dps. I've leveled a lot of chars and feral felt quite fast. Limited only by the ability to get to mobs, which is less of a limit since you have 30% runspeed.

My 2 cents.

Balance puts out a lot of damage, and grinds just fine at 80 and 70. My only concern would be about whether you end up having to drink or not. Also harder to find gear as a lowbie.

its called leveling, click a talent point and go, don't worry about where, just the tree and going deeper into it. Don't worry about which, just go and have fun.

@OP

while theres a lack of leveling leather sp gear, theres no shortage of cloth and the armour contribution bonus in form usually last pretty well.....

there are a lot of downtime low level but there's almost none once you hit pass 70

if you do want to try it out now, i will suggest getting mageweaves and dreamweave items at around 40.

you dont really have any spell dmg leather gear till around 42 from zf

brd and st has some gear around 50 which will last you till outland where you can get some of the leather working gear such as wild dreanic set and outland quest gear

once you get pass that is pretty much just a mesh mash of cloth and leathers till raid
    All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

"If you ever see a rogue, either rogue is overgear or the rogue has problems"

leveled 70-80 as a boomkin for a few of the levels and feral for majority of them. theres a reasion why. survival rate higher on feral, level 60+ feral should have almost no down time on the avg pulls, level 60+ feral aoe pulling is awesome, and you dont worry about running out of mana for your aoes in bear form.

but all that aside level as what you enjoy if you want to cast spells level boomkin if you want to be able to get in somethings face and walk away with shreads of its former face between your claws go feral. but if your going to level resto get a freaking friend to level with you!!!
    warriors get rust, pallys cant hear you in that bubble, death knights are screaming about voices, druids? were trying to get whats left of your face off our claws.

I levelled as feral until wrath.

I should have stuck as feral. It is certainly one of the most fun and efficient ways to play. Especially with stealth to make 5% of quests trivial.

lvled as feral first char on alliance (Spooni in my sig) levelled much later on horde (Spooni on agammaggan EU PVP) as resto from lvl 35 onwards having started as feral.

resto is awesome in instances(albeit tends to overheal massively in low lvl instances due to low hp vs big talented heals especially rejuvenation which is far to much at low lvls even without any +heal or spellpower on gear), its pretty unstoppable to lvl it just isnt very fast. was kinda fun to level as resto tho ;D

never levelled as balance, but Having levelled 1-49 with a friend who was balance I was say downtime is a bit of a killer - as resto my mana would last waaaay longer and my dmg wasnt that much lower that it would justify all the downtime being balance. I daresay after level 50 or so gear with +crit +spell power and spirit/mp5 would help balance be much stronger.