Shuld I level a druid?

Hello peeps!

I have been thinking for some time now if I should level a druid, but I have been too lazy to actually do it. However, due to the Heirloom items being very accessible, I have began to rethink my decision of not leveling one. I'm thinking of either going feral DPS/tank or Boomkin.

What can you people, that already have a druid, tell me that might make the decision easier for me? Pros/cons
    Intel i7-5820k @ 4.5 GHz
    Asus Rampage V Extreme x99
    Asus GTX 980
    32GB DDR4 RAM
    Windows 10 Home x64

Re: Shuld I level a druid?

lvl it see how u like it try each spec when ur 60 and go on with the questions from their

Quote Originally Posted by SPF18
    The lair is on the ground in the mountains.

druids are painful to level until you get cat form at 20 then leveling any other spec besides feral until 60 is annoying but if you have the gear to do go right ahead. i leveled my druid to 60 with every point in balance then i went feral until 80, which i still am feral to this day.

Both Feral DPS and Balance are doing exceptionally well in the meters right now, and that was an understatement for feral. Leveling the druid until 20 will be like driving dull, rusty nails into your wrists so slowly that you can feel every millimeter, but once you get 20, level Feral, and it's nothing but quick kills and zero down time. Before you hit 20, put your first 10 talent points into Balance though, or else you'll be playing as a warrior with nothing but a Heroic Strike for 10 levels, which sucks even worse than level to 20 as balance. Balance doesn't really get great until the later levels, between 40-60. So once you hit 20 I'd STRONGLY recommend respeccing full Feral.

As a feral, you'll play largely like a Assassination/subtlety-ish rogue. Once you get pounce it really turns into easy mode. you might be a bit on the squishy side, but all you'll EVER have to do is pop out of cat form and throw yourself a heal, then back into cat form. There's enough time between having to heal that your mana will regen pretty much entirely between heals. You'll even have enough mana regen to freely change between cat and travel form as you need.

Unlike enhancement shaman though, when changing back to cat form you'll have to wait for energy to regen until MUCH later, so you can't just switch to travel form just to move from mob to mob quicker like an Enhancement Shaman can do with Ghost Wolf.

I'd highly recommend leveling the Druid, they are a lot of fun right now and they are destroying the meters. If not the druid, level a shammy =) There seems to be a shortage of enhancement and elemental seems to be doing well in the meters as well, both specs are fun as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

10+ Year Old Account

I'd certainly recommend levelling a druid - my main is a l80 Restoration Druid (with a Boom offspec I'm working on). But as others have said, level Feral. Levelling as Boom or Resto is very hard - I levelled 40-80 as a full Resto spec, after respeccing from Feral. I love healing as a druid, but I wish I'd stayed feral a little longer, would have made the grind much much shorter, and much much easier.

Boomkins themselves are very fun to play, lots and lots of fun spells, but I probably wouldn't go over to boom until you're about level 70.

Pro's: You are a badass Druid now. Welcome.

Con's: You will find out that you wasted your time leveling other pitiful classes before.
    srsly!

Quote Originally Posted by JimPanse
    Pro's: You are a badass Druid now. Welcome.

Con's: You will find out that you wasted your time leveling other pitiful classes before.
    Nice one

Thanks for all the great comments folks, the leveling has started and it's going smoothly so far.
    Intel i7-5820k @ 4.5 GHz
    Asus Rampage V Extreme x99
    Asus GTX 980
    32GB DDR4 RAM
    Windows 10 Home x64

Don't level... you steal my loots.!!!111one11!!

Level as Feral.
    Up to 20 is boring as hell but it's done in about 10 hours if you know the quests.
    From there on its fast as hell without any downtime ever, simple pewpew and actually quite fun.

When I reached 70 back in TBC I went resto and now in wotlk when I wanted to level it again Balance seemed the logic choice to go, and all I can say is that Feral is way more fun to level with. Not even remotely compareable.

Quote Originally Posted by Drihan
    Hello peeps!

I have been thinking for some time now if I should level a druid, but I have been too lazy to actually do it. However, due to the Heirloom items being very accessible, I have began to rethink my decision of not leveling one. I'm thinking of either going feral DPS/tank or Boomkin.

What can you people, that already have a druid, tell me that might make the decision easier for me? Pros/cons
    go read the "how to play" on the Blizzard site.

If you want to DPS dont roll a "primary healing class" then your just stupid. Roll a primary dps class like Rogue, hunter,mage.warlock.

If you think you´d want to heal aswell sometimes roll a secondary healing class like paladin and shaman. ( depending on if you want to do melee or caster dps)

Now if you wanna heal as primary and go OMFG I LOVE HEALING go a primary healing class like Priest, druid they were DESIGNED TO HEAL!!!

And all you noobs saying anything else is missleading a poor newbie. This is the way the game is designed he can choose what style of healing he wants when he learns more about the game.

If you already know alot about the game YOU WOULDN'T MAKE THIS POST!

Short anwser : yes

Long anwser : Yeahhh baby
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

I'm honestly frightened by what is taking place on the BlizzCon forum.

I'm in the same boat as you. I've had 4 druids now. I deleted the first 3 before they even hit level 17. The current one is level 14 and I can't seem to find motivation to level her. =/

Quote Originally Posted by gagglone
    I'm in the same boat as you. I've had 4 druids now. I deleted the first 3 before they even hit level 17. The current one is level 14 and I can't seem to find motivation to level her. =/
    I leveled my druid to 80 in like 4 weeks, might not be fair but this is how i did it.

Make sure you have like 500g to spend on ''gear''
    RAF(recruit a friend) Multibox 2 druids. ( balance )
    2 wraths and everything is dead till lvl 20.
    Than you use the other atack,
    Basicly, if you keep your druid topped of with the best +Spelldammage gear you can find.
    He will be pretty op ( the lower teh level the more OP <3 scaling)
    Than when you hit 60 -> kick the raf multibox from the party. and start questing like mad.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

I'm honestly frightened by what is taking place on the BlizzCon forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivpiv

If you want to DPS dont roll a "primary healing class" then your just stupid. Roll a primary dps class like Rogue, hunter,mage.warlock.

If you think you´d want to heal aswell sometimes roll a secondary healing class like paladin and shaman. ( depending on if you want to do melee or caster dps)

Now if you wanna heal as primary and go OMFG I LOVE HEALING go a primary healing class like Priest, druid they were DESIGNED TO HEAL!!!

And all you noobs saying anything else is missleading a poor newbie. This is the way the game is designed he can choose what style of healing he wants when he learns more about the game.

Don't listen to a single word this guy is saying, he is living 3 years in the past.
    The druid is an amazing tanking, healing, and dps (melee or caster) spec.
    They were NOT designed to only heal, they are NOT inferior in ANY way in healing, dps, or tanking to, say, a paladin.
    Level it and love it.
    I would suggest feral for leveling because i found it more fun and faster (i've lvled both to 60, and only feral to 80).
    Leveling balance is fun, but there's a lot of downtime as well, so it really depends on your playstyle.
    Bringing the "hardcoar" to casual since 2009.

Druids are hybrids & maybe were DESIGNED TO HEAL!!! @ wows launch but not no more
    jack of all trades class but masters of none but the days of omfg u a druid you gotta be resto are over
    thankfully --from wows site Druids are the keepers of the world and masters of nature with a diverse array of abilities. They are powerful healers, capable of curing poisons and raising fallen comrades in the thick of battle. Druids also command nature's wrath, calling down ranged blasts of energy, summoning swarms of insects, or entangling their foes in the earth. But druids are also masters of the wild, able to shapeshift into a great bear, cat, or even sea lion, gaining their powers in combat or travel. Druids are a diverse class with a variety of playstyles, capable of filling any role.

The Druid gives players several play style options. A Druid in normal form is a caster that can fight with spells or weapons. In Bear form the Druid becomes a Warrior with Rage. While in Cat form the Druid becomes a Rogue with Energy and stealth. The Druid can also transform into two other special animal forms. With its ability to heal itself and fellow characters, the Druid can also take on the role of a Priest. A Druid is not as versatile in its abilities as a Priest is, lacking the spells Power Word: Shield and Resurrection, but is otherwise a very capable healer

Part of me wants to tell you no, because we have so many people rolling druids this days and the mmo forums and wow forums are now cluttered with people asking how to play the class.

Boomkin and Feral are -not- faceroll classes. You can't just slap your keyboard and pwnface, it takes a lot of skill keeping up rotations for both specs and if you fuck up, expect to see your dps drop.

On the other hand, druids are the end all be all class of WoW. They can main tank, melee dps, ranged dps, and heal. They can be a maintank healer with the changes to nourish and a raid healer with wild growth and HoT's. The buffs boomkin brings to a raid can be quite nice as well [especially if you bring imp ff due to lack of shadow priest].

Druids overall are an op'd class because when you make 1 druid, you're literally able to do anything you want at end game, but it takes a good amount of a skill and a lot of practice to be a great druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Gzilia
    I leveled my druid to 80 in like 4 weeks, might not be fair but this is how i did it.

Make sure you have like 500g to spend on ''gear''
    RAF(recruit a friend)&#160; Multibox 2 druids. ( balance )
    2 wraths and everything is dead till lvl 20.
    Than you use the other atack,
    Basicly, if you keep your druid topped of with the best +Spelldammage gear you can find.
    He will be pretty op ( the lower teh level the more OP <3 scaling)
    Than when you hit 60 -> kick the raf multibox from the party. and start questing like mad.
    In vanilla; I had a human Warlock. Level 1 to 20 in about a year. /flex.

In BC; I had a blood elf Warlock. Level 1 to 38 in about 3 months.

In about a month before Wrath; I got tired of using such an expensive 'chatting' program such as wow for just chatting, and leveled a night elf Priest 1-70 in 3 weeks real life time. Leveled 70-80 in about a week and a half.
    Leveled a human Paladin(prot the ENTIRE way) 1-70 in 9 days played time, I'm going to say about 1/4th that time is me going afk in cities so I can read things about quests, forums, general luls. My priest has I think 43 days played, 20 of it being at 80, roughly. 1 to 70 in half the time it took 1 to 80, and 70 to 80 is a breeze, so... &#160;

Leveling time isn't a problem. It's the 'fun' aspect I can't seem to find.

[edit:] Holy wall of text, Batman!

Deleted

Do it pls. Every bad Druid makes me look even better! ;D

i lvled my druid from 1-70 as feral and 70-80 as balance , balance was great since you got starfall - Hurricaine - typhoon - force of nature .. etc u can solo group quests easly and if u got trouble ganked Treants are their to help you so if i were u i'd lvl to 60 as feral then respecc balance after

druid they were DESIGNED TO HEAL!!!
    you sir fail. that was vanilla wow, in case you haven't noticed, it's been a while since then.

druids are perfectly viable for healing, tanking, melee dps, and caster dps. you can do whatever the hell you want with them