Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Feral tanking and threat

Quote Originally Posted by Nepenthes
    Number one piece of practical threat advice: Make macros so that you are *always* using maul.

/cast Swipe
    /cast !Maul

/cast Mangle
    /cast !Maul

...and so on. Combined with glyph of maul this puts out a huge pile of threat and having the macros means you aren't having to constantly hit the maul button each attack.

If you're ever rage starved (some caster mobs do it) use a /sit macro... the next attack on you will crit, which is worth a lot of rage.

if your that rage starved do your raid and druids good standing in general get off your DUFF and stop your maul/mangle combo mangle dont need to be applyed as offten as maul can be get a glyph of mangle and it only has to be applyed every 18 seconds, maul is the highest threat per rage we have and to sac it or your hp for a mangle when its debuff isnt close to being worn off for the sake of your own dps just aint worth it to most people.

now to those who keep saying lacerate, its now the lowest threat per rage skill we have even after 5 stacks with mangle. actually this guys macro for maul swipe would out do a macro for maul lacerate. swipe critting for over 700 with 50% incresed threat where as lacerate's threat has been made to base bear form threat per dammage. dont get me wrong, its nice therat / dps when your not rage starved.

physical boss;
    maul every swing (it is possible recount at the end of a naxx run typically says i only used auto attack 5-10 times the entire night) this is our bigest threat per rage, on a physical boss your rage shouldnt be an issue iehter way.
    keep mangle's debuff and demoralizeing roar's debuff on target at all times, less dammage to you, more dammage for maul. if your the only druid (feral or dps dont expect healers to ff for you) then use feral ff when needed.
    use lacerate if single target if adds are expected use swipe, or use swipe once 5 stacks of lacerate are on target.
    if target enrages at a % use berserk at that %, spam mangle and maul, maul should be hitt non stop. doing this on patchwork off tank cant even get above 80 % on me , when i off tank doing it this way ill stop the swipe add ins and not really pay attention to the lacerates as i can keep at 95% on a warrior with out.

spell caster;
    maul every chance its up.
    keep mangle on the target, if it does do physical keep demoralizeing roar as well, feral ff if no one else is doing it.
    no need for swipe or lacerate as they arnt worth the rage unless there are adds for swipe.

and never hit x or what everyou have yoru sit down key binding, takeing a crit just makes you more of a mana sponge then you should be, in all honesty 16% armor redux due to enrage thats less then 16% dammage reduction due to armor, that combined with barkskin (which last longer) gives you plenty of rage at low times while you actually will take less dammage dramaticly on the caster you say you cant keep rage on, of corse if it does melee at all a dodge trinket as well will bost your rage in that time.

bottem line highest threat to lowest per rage/ times you can apply it.

maul
    mangle
    feral ff
    swipe
    lacerate 1-5 stacks
    demoralizeing roar
    charge
    warriors get rust, pallys cant hear you in that bubble, death knights are screaming about voices, druids? were trying to get whats left of your face off our claws.

Quote Originally Posted by Solux
    MMangle whenever you can, though it will be taking a 16% damage hit in the next patch
    Where has this been stated?

Quote Originally Posted by Knighjen
    Where has this been stated?
    its in the blue post that it will take roughly 12% hit to its dammage because it has been doing more dammage then intended.
    warriors get rust, pallys cant hear you in that bubble, death knights are screaming about voices, druids? were trying to get whats left of your face off our claws.

^
    Hm, I didnt read that part.... O'well as long as they dont touch threat on it, then im ok

Maul mangle maul lacerate maul swipe etc, use alot maul it have big threat build power in wotlk.

Quote Originally Posted by Knighjen
    ^
    Hm, I didnt read that part.... O'well as long as they dont touch threat on it, then im ok
    it was in one of the post when the ptr opened back up 1-2 weeks back.

as far as the threat all bear threat is based upon dammage done (except feral ff and demoralizeing roar) so 12% less dammage = 12% less threat.

to the post by axti, yes maul is our bigest threat builder per rage right now, honestly i do finish a night in nax with out useing more then 5 white dammage hits cuse maul is that freaking uber.

Overall it's about 3% threat loss... meh!

Hello there fellow bears!

I've picked up some pieces of Tank armor on the way (4 25-man, 2 10-man/heroics epics and rest is blue200 iLeveL.
    I'm currently pushing out ca 5000 TPS. Is this High, low or in between?

I once drank a lava lamp.... It wasn't lava

Quote Originally Posted by Murre

I've picked up some pieces of Tank armor on the way (4 25-man, 2 10-man/heroics epics and rest is blue200 iLeveL.
    not bad and no dps will push out that much unless they are a class who can spec tank and keep hitting taunt lol. as far as compared to other tanks dont know i avg about 4k on a caster and little over 5k on a melee.

Deleted

We do 10 mans, with me as the MT as often as i can get to it (sadly, this weeks Naxx raid had us short on members, so the beardruid had to turn into a kitty) and we usually run with me and a warrior. I feel that, given that we both have rage, i will generate more threat than him. An example is Gluth, where we just taunt off each other at two stacks. If im not carefull, and just keeps up my rotation, i will most likely pull aggro from him before i spend the rage i have.

Another example is Patchwerk, where i figured i would take the Hatefull Strikes. It went fine and dandy, until i realised how much rage i had, so i started just building up threat, and before i knew it, i was taking the melee hits. Neither of us were rage starved at that fight.

I find threat being quite easy to handle, and get, these days.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Murre

In between, but definitely not bad. Highest I've seen so far was somewhere around 5,4-5,6k. I expect it to go higher with gear scaling due to Maul/Mangle/Swipe being the large majority of our threat, and all the 3 of them scale well with gear.
    Quoting Doodad on the rest: no dps will catch up at *over5000* ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.