Thread: Sugestion: MotW

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Sugestion: MotW

I've been thinking:

Mark of the Wyld: I'd like to see the bonus of each attribute be proportional to the target's attributes. The total bonus (37*5=185) would remain unchanged. Ex:

Original Attributes Bonus Attributes Final Attributes
    str 4str 20str 24
    agi 5agi 25agi 30
    sta 8sta 40sta 48
    int 10int 50int 60
    spi 10int 50int 60
    total 37total 185total 222

Ex: warrior

str 200str 50str 250
    agi 160agi 40agi 200
    sta 200sta 50sta 250
    int 80int 20int 100
    spi 100int 25int 125
    total 740total 185total 925

Analysis: the buff might work the same way as Blessing of Kings. However the attribute part of the bonus would be better then BoK when the sum of all attributes result in a value less then 1850 (185/10%).

PS: I know my english is horrible. Please, talk about the idea, not about my grammar.

edit: added the warrior table.

Re: Sugestion: MotW

English version:

"MotW should scale"

No other class buffs scale with the sole exception of Blessing of Kings. Why would they change MOTW when BoK already does what you're suggesting?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Quote Originally Posted by Degrador
    No other class buffs scale with the sole exception of Blessing of Kings. Why would they change MOTW when BoK already does what you're suggesting?
    yeah just get a pally then the two buffs together work well and every one is happy.
    warriors get rust, pallys cant hear you in that bubble, death knights are screaming about voices, druids? were trying to get whats left of your face off our claws.

It's an interesting idea, but how would you apply it? Would it buff every character proportional to their existing stats? Would it have settings for each class? I think it's an interesting idea, but one that's a little hard to practically apply. I see parallels to something like the new Darkmoon Card: Greatness, but across all stats would be far more difficult.

In terms of programming, it's a bit of a nightmare, since it involves variables which are different for each character.

Also, there is no way known we should get an ability for free the Paladins have to pay 5 talent points to spec into.

ok, im very tired so i may have missed something, and this has nothing to do with his suggestion, but he apologized for poor english, and isn't his post basically flawless?

EDIT: i just posted this cuz its late, im bored, and I found it entertaining that people that apologize usually making an abomination of the english language

Quote Originally Posted by Degrador

And here lies the problem.

Should MotW scale with your stats, then it would be like BoK. And as we all know how the devs at Blizz think, the moment they make MotW scale with stats, is the moment it'll stop stacking with BoK.

You want a buff. But the only thing you'll get is a nerf. Be careful what you ask for.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitchenfire
    English version:

"MotW should scale"
    no.
    The total bonus (37*5=185) would remain unchanged.
    the main idea is that the distribution of the bonus would follow the original atributes.

Would it buff every character proportional to their existing stats?
    yes.

Would it have settings for each class?
    nice, but how do hybrids benefit? moonkin, feral, resto, ele, ret, prot, light?

In terms of programming, it's a bit of a nightmare, since it involves variables which are different for each character.

Also, there is no way known we should get an ability for free the Paladins have to pay 5 talent points to spec into.
    I wanted to find a way that MotW benefit the player. the buff wouldn't scale(total 185).

Quote Originally Posted by arcain87
    ok, im very tired so i may have missed something, and this has nothing to do with his suggestion, but he apologized for poor english, and isn't his post basically flawless?

EDIT: i just posted this cuz its late, im bored, and I found it entertaining that people that apologize usually making an abomination of the english language
    my english is very rusty at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Spots

And here lies the problem.

Should MotW scale with your stats, then it would be like BoK. And as we all know how the devs at Blizz think, the moment they make MotW scale with stats, is the moment it'll stop stacking with BoK.

You want a buff. But the only thing you'll get is a nerf. Be careful what you ask for.
    this would be the way the buff works:

Ex: mage

str 4str 20str 24
    agi 5agi 25agi 30
    sta 8sta 40sta 48
    int 10int 50int 60
    spi 10int 50int 60
    total 37total 185total 222

Ex: warrior

str 200str 50str 250
    agi 160agi 40agi 200
    sta 200sta 50sta 250
    int 80int 20int 100
    spi 100int 25int 125
    total 740total 185total 925

15+ Year Old Account

what about resitances? and armor? IF you build motw around this way (which is really not that bad), armor and resistances should "scale", too.
    so you have 54x5 resistances, 750 armor and 37x5 stats.

so it is a complete pool of 1205 "points" to share.

nevermind the 6 possibilities of talented motw.
    should it apply to player's stats BEFORE or AFTER all the other buffs and debuffs you may have?
    or should it may apply after buffs, but before potions, elixirs and enviromental buffs/debuffs?
    what happens to it if you got ressourection sickness? or some debuffs in pvp (e.g. http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=26016)?
    and what about percentages to critrating? scaling with talents (e.b. bearform + stamina)?

have fun calculating this.
    http://www.blizzard.com/us/jobopp/ here you go.

always consider the cost-value ratio. this suggestion is indeed nice, but it results in a huge developing and balancing issue. just for the sake of an minimal better kind of "scaling" from motw?
    I do not think, this will ever go happen, even if you post it in the suggestion forum and got a bluepost that they MAY have a look on it. this alone would be eastern, christmas, independence day and your birthday on one fricking day, and even then, it will never go even on their internal PTRs.

I would bet something, If I could. :P

what about resitances? and armor? IF you build motw around this way (which is really not that bad), armor and resistances should "scale", too.
    so you have 54x5 resistances, 750 armor and 37x5 stats.
    my idea was not waste the attributes (give str and agi to healers, etc). however the resistances redistribution seems nice (imagine that wearing a frost resistance set, the buff would mainly increase your frost resistance).

so it is a complete pool of 1205 "points" to share.
    mixing the attributes, resistance and armor isn't a good concept. :-\

nevermind the 6 possibilities of talented motw.
    should it apply to player's stats BEFORE or AFTER all the other buffs and debuffs you may have?
    basic stats and equips (maybe racial traits and talents too) should be good. MotW doesn't seem to be such a dynamic buff.

or should it may apply after buffs, but before potions, elixirs and enviromental buffs/debuffs?
    what happens to it if you got ressourection sickness? or some debuffs in pvp (e.g. http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=26016)?
    and what about percentages to critrating? scaling with talents (e.b. bearform + stamina)?
    If BoK change with this factors, I can't see why MotW wouldn't change.

have fun calculating this.
    http://www.blizzard.com/us/jobopp/ here you go.

always consider the cost-value ratio. this suggestion is indeed nice, but it results in a huge developing and balancing issue. just for the sake of an minimal better kind of "scaling" from motw?
    I'll take a look when this trip finish ;D. Somehow I guess the code is already started (if BoK is dynamic).

I do not think, this will ever go happen, even if you post it in the suggestion forum and got a bluepost that they MAY have a look on it. this alone would be eastern, christmas, independence day and your birthday on one fricking day, and even then, it will never go even on their internal PTRs.

I would bet something, If I could. :P
    today is my birthday and christmas too ;D. I just wanna help my favorite class, the same way it helps me :P.

completely overpowered suggestion. MoTW is fine as is.

15+ Year Old Account

@nelf:
    your kind of motw is different than bok is working.
    bok is just a "flat" 10%. your motw works like the following principle: you sum up all stats affecting, then calculate how many "%" of total a value has (e.g.: all stats added together are 3000. you have 1200 stamina from this, so 40% of the "pool" is stamina. so 185*0,4 = 73,6 (74), so you get 74 extra stamina from motw. it is dynamic %, not static %. and this makes it very complicated to calculate and balance.

Quote Originally Posted by nelfpc
    mixing the attributes, resistance and armor isn't a good concept. :-\
    example:

a bear druid has following stats:
    7000 armor
    1000 stamina
    800 agility
    500 strength
    100 intellect
    100 spirit
    ==========
    9500 "value"

"old" motw has
    750 armor
    185 stats
    =======
    935 "value"

you see? it's quite easy to see a balancing here. adding armor to this "pool" just has as result, that low-armor classes get less benifit to armor but a bit more to their basestats, and high armor classes get a bit less to their stats, but a bit more to armor. maybe it works at the same way as the itemlevel coordinates the budget per armor type. maybe... add this factor to motw aswell and fine

maybe resistance should be just in a "extra" pool. same way like the other, but simply extra. so that motw has more effect on special resistance gear than on normal gear. but than you have to set a "maximum" of percent one resistance can get, because imagine a tauren: 10 nature resist would be 100% of all (because all the others have zero ;D ), so he gets 5x54 resistance to nature? would be very overpowered^^
    for example: simply add for the calculation only 150 to all resistances. so you get 4x150 and 1x160, so motw adds a little more to NR than to the others. would be a good beginning, i think

Quote Originally Posted by kameelyan
    completely overpowered suggestion. MoTW is fine as is.
    please explain why.

Actually I think MotW could be changed into something like

"Increase highest attribute by 56, 2nd highest by 55, 3th by 38 and lowest two attributes by 18."

Total points of those are still 185, but done with approximately 30%, 30%, 20%, 10%, 10 distribution among all stats.

But feral druids would be screwed with this as in WotLK there are no Strength on gear, only AP.

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria
    @nelf:
    your kind of motw is different than bok is working.
    bok is just a "flat" 10%. your motw works like the following principle: you sum up all stats affecting, then calculate how many "%" of total a value has (e.g.: all stats added together are 3000. you have 1200 stamina from this, so 40% of the "pool" is stamina. so 185*0,4 = 73,6 (74), so you get 74 extra stamina from motw. it is dynamic %, not static %. and this makes it very complicated to calculate and balance.
    example:

a bear druid has following stats:
    7000 armor
    1000 stamina
    800 agility
    500 strength
    100 intellect
    100 spirit
    ==========
    9500 "value"

"old" motw has
    750 armor
    185 stats
    =======
    935 "value"

you see? it's quite easy to see a balancing here. adding armor to this "pool" just has as result, that low-armor classes get less benifit to armor but a bit more to their basestats, and high armor classes get a bit less to their stats, but a bit more to armor. maybe it works at the same way as the itemlevel coordinates the budget per armor type. maybe... add this factor to motw aswell and fine
    excelent sugestion. but from a pvp perspective it's a nerf (750 armor its a good benefit for clothies). a player with 0 armor (hypotetic and worst situation, a warlock devastated) would gain 935 bonus attributes. that means that BoK would only be better than MotW if that player had more than 9350 total attributes. these "dancing" points seems to adapt to fit other stats and armor debuffs are huge compared with attributes debuffs. anyway blizz told druids have the best buff ;D.

I really like the idea of a buff that adapt, however it's hard to believe it's going to happen this way. :P.

maybe resistance should be just in a "extra" pool. same way like the other, but simply extra. so that motw has more effect on special resistance gear than on normal gear. but than you have to set a "maximum" of percent one resistance can get, because imagine a tauren: 10 nature resist would be 100% of all (because all the others have zero ;D ), so he gets 5x54 resistance to nature? would be very overpowered^^
    for example: simply add for the calculation only 150 to all resistances. so you get 4x150 and 1x160, so motw adds a little more to NR than to the others. would be a good beginning, i think
    I thought that MotW would add a base resistance (ex:20) than calculate the distribution, but your idea is more simple and elegant .

Quote Originally Posted by Puntar
    Actually I think MotW could be changed into something like

"Increase highest attribute by 56, 2nd highest by 55, 3th by 38 and lowest two attributes by 18."

Total points of those are still 185, but done with approximately 30%, 30%, 20%, 10%, 10 distribution among all stats.
    its a good start ;D

But feral druids would be screwed with this as in WotLK there are no Strength on gear, only AP.
    feral's situation is wierd. i think that what must de fixed is the class mechanic not the buff (since it doesn't give AP).

It would be interesting to make it buff the attributes for that class.