Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Hungering Cold is not impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by skaarrj
    I don't mind an ability that can only be used in certain circumstances, but those circumstances tend to occur more in discussions and theory crafting than actual game play.
    ...unless you are good and actually have the ability to react.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

I love to use it at gluth ^^ nice to bunch up adds at decimate and keep them where i want

Futher more well, its an survival ability really.. it either forces somebody to pop his trinket or gives you the chance to run hard away at pvp ^^ and then ofcourse you got the silly people which are like err what happened so i can tag a flag easier =p
    My pala (Cleai)

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadowsong&n=Cleai

Quote Originally Posted by Kuniva
    agree with first post. a crappy cc on cooldown for a 51 point talent is pretty trash. either buff it or replace it imo. It should trainable anyhow if you ask me.
    Check moonkin 51 pts, then come back telling me your is worst. Hungering cold is maybe not the most useful talent for raid, but in 5man and pvp, it is useful. It is a CC that can also interrupt spell cast and it apply a disease on people with that. So it basicaly save you a frost rune (and a blood rune if you get more than 1 person into it).
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

Don't spec into it...Or don't complain....Or spec into it, then complain...I see three choices here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skaarrj
    It doesn't really do much for me. It saved me very very few times in pve, and maybe once in world pvp (level 73 DK). I think this ability needs to cause some sort of damage when it's cast. [...] And in PvP People just trinket it out of it usually, or somehow get out of it early.
    Right. Let me explain something. If they trinket out, your partner(s) can CC them. If you don't have Hungering Cold, they will trinket out of other CC. Learn to make good arguments please. This is comparable with an AoE Blind (or an Improved Frost Nova, or a Psychic Scream, Howl of Terror - apart from the breaking from damage part.), what do you want more? It's quite a powerful CC.

Btw, I've read someone saying that it would have it's cost reduced to 40 from 60 Runic Power. Just to clear things up, it's not going to happen. Only Unholy Blight will have it's cost reduced like that.
    /Zetsumei

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsumei
    Btw, I've read someone saying that it would have it's cost reduced to 40 from 60 Runic Power. Just to clear things up, it's not going to happen. Only Unholy Blight will have it's cost reduced like that.
    Wrong.They will reduce the cost from 60 to 40 of all 51 talents,including DRW and HC

Hungering Cold is one of best Arena skills, BGs also, bot not so much, as it requires understanding by other players.

- It have CD
    - It will break after damage
    - It costs RP

If used wisely it can be used in burst dmg combo to nuke someone, simply by freezing opponent and interrupting his/hers casts etc while you are waiting for GCD or executing CD to come off. Or it simply can be used to freeze opponents and heal up, or save your healer. Can be used to freeze healer and nuke another one etc etc etc. If you can't use those for aboves - just use it to force ppl to use trinket so other CC won't be broken by them.

And now:
    "It have long CD and it sucks" - most of such powerful spells have such CD, otherwise would be overpowered.
    "It's only 10 seconds" - ye, but (write it down) HC is not subject of Diminishing Returns, like hunter's Freezing Trap, take paladin's repentance for example: it's in same categories of DR as Poly, Gouge, Sap.
    "You can trinket out of it" - yeee, but that's PvP all about - you can trinket out any form of CC, the magic is hidden in wise use of CC so those really important wont be broken in crucial moments of fight. When you are on arena just use nice arena frames like SS Arena Frames to see if enemy have trinket on CD or not.

I don't mind an ability that can only be used in certain circumstances, but those circumstances tend to occur more in discussions and theory crafting than actual game play.
    So create them. Force enemy to use trinket. Put D&D so they will run onto you where you can freeze them. You can actually create soooo many circumstances where you can use skills like that... Like i said - you can even use it as a finishing move to prevent enemy using DS or Ice block or something like that before one last, powerful, synchronized burst of damage, you can use it even to freeze enemy while your (for example) strangulate is on last seconds of CD, or... you can use it as an interrupt.

skaarrj

you are retard to say its useless... in pve maybe
    in pvp its godly and only person who sais that its not is dk themselves
    and those who say that it sohuld be trainable are even bigger retards

self heal
    plate
    2 pets+army
    huge dmg
    magic immunity/magic dmg reduction
    fear immunity
    no mana
    1 sec global cd
    bone shield
    both magic and physical dmg
    200% spell crits by default
    13% more spell dmg taken debuff

yes dk's rly need more, uh is not op enough, give it 51 frost talent aswell...
    in fact lets give them fear (oh w8 they already have it in dnd glyph...), ms and permanent bof+ deathcoil beaing able to heal allies
    then we can remove all other classes...
    Quote Originally Posted by Darhaja
    bad math ur doing 1.5.... its 150% sooo 100 haste rating = 250 after the buff or 300 haste rating 150% = 750 haste dunno how u got 1.5 or 15% anywhere its giving u 150% more haste from the haste u already have why do ppl try to always complicate things.

When it was a 30 yard AoE that broke stealth it was pretty awesome.

Lets talk about Deep Freeze, I doubt you are going to find a 51 point talent as useless for one half of the game as this. It is even less useable than Deep Freeze, as the target needs to be frozen anyway, and it only affects one target instead of all targets around you.

In short, pretty much a waste of a talent point for PVE, especially when raiding where if you do actually try casting it all you get is an *IMMUNE* message.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

might as well stop responding to the OP if you want to discuss HC in this thread and just respond to other people who've posted recently in here. We chased the OP away with are stinging wit and harsh criticism

clicky for armory

Quote Originally Posted by Wildhorn
    Check moonkin 51 pts, then come back telling me your is worst. Hungering cold is maybe not the most useful talent for raid, but in 5man and pvp, it is useful. It is a CC that can also interrupt spell cast and it apply a disease on people with that. So it basicaly save you a frost rune (and a blood rune if you get more than 1 person into it).
    The ability to counterspell with a CC is not an additional feature. If it was off the global cd I might give you that, but since its not, its not different than any other cc that can be instant cast. (refer to rogues)

Most of the scenarios I have seen people point to in which HC is useful happens early in an encounter. Even after the patch, it would take worst case 6 seconds to generate to RP needed to cast the ability. Best case would be 3 seconds. Then to get the timing that people have been mentioning, you have to sit on that 40 rp instead of using it for damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Folly
    Then to get the timing that people have been mentioning, you have to sit on that 40 rp instead of using it for damage.
    Not really, in fact it IS burst dps it self (Hungering Cold).
    How? Well, im on 2vs2 and hug holy pala, hug and hug, and... little burst combo and repentance from my healer, Pala have to use trinket as he is on lets say 50% hp and is scared s**less, and now pala goes in DS, so i wait and change target to pala's teammate. When DS ended Hungering Cold near paladin and bye bye paladin's friend whoever you are, you wont get healed.

Don't wait for "situation" to use Hungering Cold - simply create it.

Totally situational here... We used it against the Ghouls on Gluth with an holy pally helping clean them up. We did not have a hunter or mage in the group, so we used what we had. It definately helped the paly kite them until decimate.

I have used this ability, and been able to kill hordes of players alone(pun intended).

While it has its uses, i stopped picking it up, maybe when it has its RP cost reduced i might try it, 40RP is reasonable.

All in all, a 1min ish CD would make it ALOT more appealing.

Agree with whoever said add something to it, a snare would be lovely.

Honestly though, when i have used it, i felt like it was one of the most powerful abilities ive ever used.

Too bad its a 51 point talent.