Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: How to fix Druid Swipe Tanking?

Quote Originally Posted by Charo

there is not a problem with druid tanking, there's a problem with people playing the druids.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Strah
    there is not a problem with druid tanking, there's a problem with people playing the druids.
    Not this... either you guys are rolling with crappy tanks or you have unknown power to me... I roll with some of the best tanks on my server and when in a "raid" It is nearly impossible for me to pull agg from another tank... if hes a good tank and hes trying to hold agg I cant beat a palidan or a deathkinght or even a warrior. Thats what I mean yeah we all know instances are easy for druids save a couple of gaunlets where we have to try but for every other tanking class AOE is a joke its press a button and then just do your regular single target rotation pretty much. For druids its press your AOE button and keep on pressing it. And since it shares global cooldown with everything else besides maul you usally dont have time to do much else.

In my experience raid tanking, dps is gonna pull mobs with aoe dmg no matter who is tanking. Dps is meter fixated and WILL NOT wait. IMO, just do what you can and move on. If you plan for stuff to hit the fan (and it will) then you are prepared. And, if you're dps complains and your raid leader listens, you need a new raid leader sir.

When dps pulls during aoe trash pulls and die, its for lols.

What this thread learns is that there are people who have problems AOE tanking and people who dont. We have people who only swipe and we have people who manage to get other abilities in. Since we all play the same bear and all what can differ is gear and skill (this includes proper talenting), i can give 2 options:

- people who cant AOE tank are undergeared compared to the rest of the party/raid
    - people who cant AOE tank dont have the skills for it (yet)

On equal or better gear and skilled, bears pawn in AOE tanking
    If you say 'plz' because it's shorter then 'please', i will say 'no' because it's shorter then 'yes'.

It's trash...
    We have the most brokenly good glyph in glyph of maul, put on your cat gear and sit back pulling agro off the other tanks without taunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Droodsome
    On equal or better gear and skilled, bears pawn in AOE tanking
    Well, we can aoe tank decently, but bears are no match for dk/pally or even warriors at aoe tanking. Pally are best, dk very nice aswell. And when the warriors thunderclap is about same threat as 3 swipes it leaves then 2 gcd worth using other skills aswell to increase their threat. Usually its only 1-2 runaways when i tank, and thoose i just pick up with mangle/maul and occasional taunt. So im not really having a problem, but i do see others having it easier. Would even it out some to get glyphs for feral since i got resto glyphs now (respeccing way to much). But its really just the increase of maul, and that isnt that much if your tanking 6-8 mobs, and if lower mobs, then taunting/bashing or lacerating a runaway makes me stop them from hitting on anyone else anyway. Glyphs just make the job easier,

But in the long run, its easier to just tell the dpsers that are doing aoe from start to get a brain and stop overaggroing. And i do tend to let an occasional mob beat on the aoe'ers if they keep it up. Hopefully they will die and start use their brains abit after that. All fights and group buildups are different, so its up to the ppl in the group to adapt.
    Leaf my roots alone you nasty!