Lock Math 101: Question 1: Corruption

Howdy All,

I have a question about talent points and spells and I'm hoping to keep this as simple as possible for all to follow and build upon. Before I ask the question I'd like to state the following info outline.

For this question assume the following:
    The loc is lvl 80.
    we will not take gear into account
    we will not take races into account.
    Spell dmg is 1500.

We can reference spell rotation as a part of the formulat but, would like to assess this as a purely base formula so I can better understand how these formulas are applied.

Also, before I pose the question I'l like to say sorry if this is done in detail on another forum. I'm usually good about digging in and finding my answers on my own but either I never saw this in such a simplistic format or there were to many other vars in the mix.

Okey dokey, the question:

Assuming the following build:http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...h=121703020603
    I know there are points remnaining but, again I wanted to focus on this aspect of the math.

So using this build can someone please tell me in which order the buffs are applied to corruption?
    for example is it:

((corruption tick + spell dmg bonus) + Shadow Embrace bonus) + Shadow mastery Bonus)
    (((base corruption dmg + spell dmg)tick *1%)*9%)

What is the most dmg anyone has seen against a normal mob for a corruption tick?

Just wondering if it's possible to empower corruption enough that it can just laywaste to the land.

Thank you all for your input,
    VeX

Re: Lock Math 101: Question 1: Corruption

go to elitistjerks you may find the answer that you seek there.

but im pretty sure its
    (corruption tick+spell power bonus)+shadow master)+shadow embrace)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputine
    Second, the Draenei used a dimensional ship powered by the holy snowflakes, which utilizes a plot-hole drive engine.

http://www.shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=17019
    And scroll down about a page.
    It should be
    [(basedamage + spellpower * coefficient) * (shadowmastery + improvedcorruption + contagion) * (shadowembrace * soulsiphon * * deathsembrace * haunt * ebonplaguebringer)]
    Other buffs on you or debuffs on the boss would be in the "multiplied" category, since they're conditional effects. Anything that's always active (like Shadow Mastery) are additive with each other.
    (And if I remember how Empowered Corruption is applied, it should be a coefficient of 1.296)

That'll give you the total damage for the whole spell, then just divide it out for the individual ticks.

Take a warlock in Naxx25 gear, running about 3000 spellpower fully buffed in a raid, Corruption should be ticking for roughly 1940 if you're the only warlock, and 2240 sub-25%. With another affliction lock it should be roughly 20% higher because of Soul Siphon. I'm not sure how high crit rates usually run for locks, so just add in whatever's appropriate for Pandemic.

EDIT: Actually, sub-25% numbers will be off a bit, since ded mentioned health-tied damage boosters being weird.

That's excellent, thanks for the info.
    I'll see what I can find out and append the final answer here.
    Forgot to mention corruption bonus in that example as well.