30 int vs 50 spellpower

Allright as you can see in my topicname. What's better for a holy pally ? :] 30 int or 50 spellpower on weapon.

Re: 30 int vs 50 spellpower

int

int = mana + crit, wich is mana regen

You need a fair amount of sp obviously, but regen is your bread and butter.

Okey, thanks for answers

It's not really that simple of an answer though.

You only need enough Int to give you a mana pool that will get you through the fight.

Heroics are a null issue. None of those last long enough to stress our mana in the slightest. 25-man raids are about the only content that challenges us in terms of ooming.

For me, I started out at about 23k-ish mana (unbuffed obv). But as my guild's dps has geared out, the fights are becoming shorter. I replaced all my gems with crit and chose SP over Int for my weapon enchant. I now sit at 20k mana and find it more than adequate. No fight in the game finds me with less than 25% mana at its end. And that includes 2.5 minutes of non-stop HL spam on Patchwerk.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    It's not really that simple of an answer though.

You only need enough Int to give you a mana pool that will get you through the fight.

Heroics are a null issue. None of those last long enough to stress our mana in the slightest. 25-man raids are about the only content that challenges us in terms of ooming.

For me, I started out at about 23k-ish mana (unbuffed obv). But as my guild's dps has geared out, the fights are becoming shorter. I replaced all my gems with crit and chose SP over Int for my weapon enchant. I now sit at 20k mana and find it more than adequate. No fight in the game finds me with less than 25% mana at its end. And that includes 2.5 minutes of non-stop HL spam on Patchwerk.
    This is true with every class DPS, Healers, and Tanks. Thats the beauty of gems, you can swap them out when you need different stats. On any given fights you should strive to be as close to running out of mana as possible without running out. Its hard to say which is better for you because it depends on the length of the fight. If you're running out of mana go with Int, if you're not running out of mana go with SP.