end game tanking gear for DK

i hope u'll like this...

http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=4025...89:44000:40718

and try 2 view in 3d...

Re: end game tanking gear for DK

theres better boots, too much exp not enough hit ?

No good.

Lack of defense, you gotta put in all defense gems and enchants available to get uncrittable and then you lack some stamina to avoid death from damage spikes.

There's no need to push that much expertise get more hit instead. Trust me, I know from my own experience that misses are bad (only got about 170 hit in tanking gear, I sometimes toss in Grim Toll instead of Essence of Gossamer to avoid the misses).

Are you trying to tell us 556 def is not uncrittable? (for those playing at home, the caps are 535 for heroics and 540 for raid bosses)

Also the reason for expertise and not hit (as klay hopefully knows) is to reduce parry haste. Expertise is a form of avoidance.

That being said you have about enough of that, so gem and enchant for hit rating and stam.

Quote Originally Posted by yomyom
    Are you trying to tell us 556 def is not uncrittable? (for those playing at home, the caps are 535 for heroics and 540 for raid bosses)

Also the reason for expertise and not hit (as klay hopefully knows) is to reduce parry haste. Expertise is a form of avoidance.

That being said you have about enough of that, so gem and enchant for hit rating and stam.
    556 defense rating is not uncrittable, far from it.

Approx 690 def rating is uncrittable for raids, because that increases your Defense by 140, when added to your base lv 80 def of 400 you get the magic 540 number
    Try dropping the Mark for repelling Charge from 10man Thaddius, that should put the numbers to the point that a few smart gems and enchants would push you to the cap (personally id also drop the Rune of repulstion for a Monarch Crab with 2 41sta gems in it, but my DK is a JC)

Quote Originally Posted by aphistic
    556 defense rating is not uncrittable, far from it.
    i was sure about my gear and still sure,with some ench and gems u will reach def cap. i know the def cap 540=690 def raitng but my idea u'll be unparryable with that gear u'll have 11.25%(reduce the chance to be dodged/parried) without talents,ench or gems and i'll give u a specc that u'll reach 14%(reduce the chance to be dodged/parried) http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=jfErV0IIs000uAZ0xZfg0M . btw unparried cap is 15% which means that is 60 expertise. ahh for get 2 tell u u can ench 15 expertise bracer/golves so that 30. if u tell me the 2%threat 10parry rating u r noob on hands.coz if reach unparriable cap and u have a good parry rating u'll do threat like hell.

and every good tank wish 2 be unparrible. and don't forget the new patch for blood specc the new tankin specc

Quote Originally Posted by yomyom
    Expertise is a form of avoidance.
    I don't know where you got this information but it could not be any more wrong. Otherwise there would be no need for Expertise in many pieces of DPS gear.

Expertise actually reduces the chances of your attacks being dodged or parried.

Quote Originally Posted by Dart Matsuraki
    I don't know where you got this information but it could not be any more wrong. Otherwise there would be no need for Expertise in many pieces of DPS gear.

Expertise actually reduces the chances of your attacks being dodged or parried.
    dps only need 23 exp to avoid dodged they never hit the boss/mobs from the front. if u hit the boss/mob from behind or sides he can't parry

Quote Originally Posted by klaymen
    dps only need 23 exp to avoid dodged they never hit the boss/mobs from the front. if u hit the boss/mob from behind or sides he can't parry
    Doesn't change the fact that Expertise is in no way a form of avoidance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dart Matsuraki
    Doesn't change the fact that Expertise is in no way a form of avoidance.
    if u reach 60 exp that 15% reduce to be parried or dodged .if u don't eat parry that a form of avoidence (parry make the mobs to hit faster (0-40%) imagne if u eat 2 parry in sequence and one of the hit crit :P

Quote Originally Posted by klaymen
    if u reach 60 exp that 15% reduce to be parried or dodged .if u don't eat parry that a form of avoidence (parry make the mobs to hit faster (0-40%) imagne if u eat 2 parry in sequence and one of the hit crit :P
    If one of hit crit, then you are a very bad tank ^^