Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Patch 3.0.8 Enchantments, Blue posts

I only have 462 resilience right now, so I am no where near where I need to be, and I won't get where I need to be due to class imbalance and also due to the fact that I am only an average to a slightly above average player at best. I have not done arena since hitting 80, but I am in battlegrounds all the time. I don't do any raiding or instances. It's just not my cup of tea.

It's obvious some classes are just crushing other classes. Some people believe resilience will balance it out. Hypothethically, if I were to increase my resilience by 200%, let's say that reduces crit damage on me by an additional 20%.

Since feral druids are consistently doing 10-12k damage to me in a 2-3 second period, that means the additional resilience will allow me to live another couple seconds.

Where's the incentive for the people destroying people to change from PVE to PVP? They are still going to outburst the classes they are still crushing.

Let's say they change to PVP gear to reduce their damage. They may have a reduction in damage dealt to others, but they will also experience a reduction in the amount of damage taken due to their new found resilience.

Results will still be the same. The only difference is that some of us may live a few seconds longer.

Just my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Saruuhh
    thanks alot to all the enchanters whining about how expensive it was to level, you, me and a whole lot others just lost a goldmine with almost infinite amounts of gold coming out of it, truly, you suck
    i couldnt have had anything to do with it being a goldmine, could it.

Quote Originally Posted by lockinhiding
    I only have 462 resilience right now, so I am no where near where I need to be, and I won't get where I need to be due to class imbalance and also due to the fact that I am only an average to a slightly above average player at best. I have not done arena since hitting 80, but I am in battlegrounds all the time. I don't do any raiding or instances. It's just not my cup of tea.

It's obvious some classes are just crushing other classes. Some people believe resilience will balance it out. Hypothethically, if I were to increase my resilience by 200%, let's say that reduces crit damage on me by an additional 20%.

Since feral druids are consistently doing 10-12k damage to me in a 2-3 second period, that means the additional resilience will allow me to live another couple seconds.

Where's the incentive for the people destroying people to change from PVE to PVP? They are still going to outburst the classes they are still crushing.

Let's say they change to PVP gear to reduce their damage. They may have a reduction in damage dealt to others, but they will also experience a reduction in the amount of damage taken due to their new found resilience.

Results will still be the same. The only difference is that some of us may live a few seconds longer.

Just my humble opinion.
    Healing has to be balanced such that in a 2v2 situation a 1 dps + 1 healer team can actually kill the healer in an opposing 1 dps + healer team. That means if you meet a full resillience, full deadly geared healer 2 players, only one of whom is a dps spec need to be able to take that person down if they intelligently blow their cooldowns and time their attacks. Give healers much more survivability than that and 2v2 becomes the ridiculous 25 minute mess it was during most of TBC.

Since the line of balance is so fine and since literally nobody has access to full deadly gear yet it is far far too early to be calling for burst nerfs. What Blizzard are addressing is the survivability and high DPS combo of DKs and Ret Palas in PvP with both bubble and IBF/BS taking pretty hefty nerfs in PvP.

If you look at those two specs in particular they are the combos that are most likely to lose effectiveness once healer survivability increases. Since neither can provide a healing debuff a healer will very quickly get back to full health as soon as he comes out the far side of the damage burst. The worst thing that could happen would be a bunch of knee-jerk nerfs to burst DPS for what could well turn out to have been a non-issue once people get geared up in deadly gladiator gear.

Boots - greater assault is still deeply inferior to icewalker.

So pointless...

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by steered
    a man with a metal pole down his d***
    I must admit, I laughed quite hard, did'nt really expect that at mmo-champion...
    That being said, I smell a ban comming ;D

Now that really pisses me off. Levelled enchanting to 440 out of sheer sadism. I used the combined greens of levelling 3 chars to 80 and instancing/questing (did every zone but Howling Fjord), and still blew about 2k gold on the AH (420 till 435, was about 500g a skillup). If Blizzard are greatly nerfing the levelling cost of enchanting, I want a damn gift basket from them with 80 cosmic essence, 200 dust and an exclusive leprechaun pet that shits pots of gold (sent to all who had pre-3.08 440 enchanting).

Mail to Hedera on Outland-EU, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by james31
    Now that really pisses me off. Levelled enchanting to 440 out of sheer sadism. I used the combined greens of levelling 3 chars to 80 and instancing/questing (did every zone but Howling Fjord), and still blew about 2k gold on the AH (420 till 435, was about 500g a skillup). If Blizzard are greatly nerfing the levelling cost of enchanting, I want a damn gift basket from them with 80 cosmic essence, 200 dust and an exclusive leprechaun pet that shits pots of gold (sent to all who had pre-3.08 440 enchanting).

From 420-450 its possible to simply level off the materials of others by spamming /2
    That's what i did anyway.
    Slow, but ever so cost efficient.

Deleted

I actually bought a lot of Dream Shards even before the rumor of Blizzard wanting them to be higher in demand...
    Figured a lot of running heroics de'ing blues would diminish as people started raiding more and getting better gear...

I have about 350 Dream Shards... Some from instances, most I bought for no more than 8g, sometimes as low as 5g pr. shard.
    Since this post, prices of Dream Shards just went up to 25g on my server and the patch has'nt even come yet.

If they just stay on 25g, I'll make allmost 9000g :P Happy me...

still pretty cheap on my server.
    well its a german server.. i guess not many ppl there read english news. :P

for 1v1 pvp

as a shaman i just got ganking by rogue

it is no fun at all being stun lock and cut cut cut until die

dont tell me it is pvp server or i can use trinket to break the cc
    dont tell me class imbalance is must

i just want to ask if gank by rogue, anyway to escape?

my trinket has 2 mins cd, but how long the cd of rogue stun lock?

i wonder it is blizzard's expectation?

anyway, i have given up for a long long time to use my shaman to do any pvp related games
    i think blizzard really want to push us the focus on pve only

Quote Originally Posted by LowbrowDeluxe
    Honestly, I'm pretty sure the this whole enchanting thing was on purpose. It was a giant money sink/artificial obstacle for all the 'hardcore' who had huge stockpiles of gold from being 'hardcore' all through TBC and then powered their way to 80 within the first week.
    Technically the money doesn't "sink" anywhere.. besides AH costs and the opportunity cost of DE'ing a green/blue vs selling it to a vendor, the gold still stays on the server. Heck the gold probably got funneled through the AH to the same 'hardcore' w/ stockpiles of gold you deride above who know how to play the AH.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by nagasawa
    for 1v1 pvp

as a shaman i just got ganking by rogue

it is no fun at all being stun lock and cut cut cut until die

dont tell me it is pvp server or i can use trinket to break the cc
    dont tell me class imbalance is must

i just want to ask if gank by rogue, anyway to escape?

my trinket has 2 mins cd, but how long the cd of rogue stun lock?

i wonder it is blizzard's expectation?

anyway, i have given up for a long long time to use my shaman to do any pvp related games
    i think blizzard really want to push us the focus on pve only
    WoW is'nt balanced around 1vs1
    And Bliz has said themselves in fine words that they don't give a shit about 1vs1.

With the new gear, not only resilience will come, but much more stamina. So it mean if u get 10-12k damage, and if u have like 20k hp, it mean that u will lose 50-60% of your hp. But if u have max resilience (u will lose 8-9.5k instead) and have 30% more hp (25-26k hp), it mean that u will lose only around 30-40%, and that is like u have taken 50% less damage. (the numbers i have taken are only example)

So stop complaining about burst until u have full PVP gear.

BTW remember how it was when TBC come out. I could 2 shot kill player with my mage easy. Rogue could kill any cloth with ambush backstab evis, and afli lock only had to put dots on every1 and just walk a way from them. But when all got PvP gear, every mage changed spec to frost instead of arcane/fire, most rogues to Combat, warlocks to demo, etc. So we will be able to talk about burst only after all get PvP gear, cos right now every1 have PvE gear (high damage low hp and resilience).
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostmane&n=Darkk%C3%AEller
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Chromaggus&n=Darkkillerrs

Quote Originally Posted by Warrax
    In all seriousness, this patch is very late, it need to come out soon because it is a GREAT patch even with the nerfs.
    It is and it is still very buggy. I was expecting fix build few days ago and go live now but still no fix build so another week of waiting then...

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble
    Look at all those Dream Shards =D. I seem to recall advising people to buy them somewhere...hmmm.
    Hmm, you might be right
    Got Around 200 stocked up now, bought 150 about 10 days ago, every single one for under 7,50g, then i have been controlling the ah, buying everything under 8g since then and the price is pretty much stable there now.. Can't wait till the patch hits.

Do dps teams really lose survivability? There are a lot of DPS classes now with great survivability and/or healing. Really why bring a healer? Death Knights and Rogues especially do a lot of damage and you would be better off bringing an extra one of those then a priest who will be killed in less then 10 seconds by focus fire.

To all you enchanters whining about how the cost of essence and dust is going to go down, you are forgetting the price of shards is going to at least triple. If you do not suck at running heroics, the shards and crystals are much easier to get than having to farm out greens for a chance at lesser mats. All these changes mean is that the enchanters that run instances will make more money than some scrub that can farm greens on his/her main to send to his/her dk enchanter that went to 375 after gaining two levels. I am absolutely in favor of that.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

You want Blizzard to make up for you being an idiot? The game doesn't work that way. Want to know how I level enchanting? I stand there spamming my enchantment link until people bring me mats and pay me to do the enchants I need to level with. Apparently that was to hard for you. That is not Blizzards fault. Enchanting is not that hard to level when you consider a great deal of the enchants that you can do early on are ones that people are actually willing to get off of you. Its just not as easy as it was in TBC where you burn the oils for most of your skill points.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyxius
    Figured a lot of running heroics de'ing blues would diminish as people started raiding more and getting better gear...
    I don't agree. I think it will actually increase as people want to see what they can do with that new gear. A fully geared tank, a fully geared dps, and a decently geared healer that know their stuff will actually be able to three man heroics. Its already starting to happen. They can still clear the heroics in about 45 minutes. Go to a heroic with 5 bosses and that is 5 bosses and a crystal. If you consider that shards sell for 25g and the crystals sell for 250 (after they drop they are currently much higher) then you are looking at 475 gold in 45 minutes just three manning a heroic.