Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Patch 3.0.8 Enchantments, Blue posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    To all you enchanters whining about how the cost of essence and dust is going to go down, you are forgetting the price of shards is going to at least triple. If you do not suck at running heroics, the shards and crystals are much easier to get than having to farm out greens for a chance at lesser mats. All these changes mean is that the enchanters that run instances will make more money than some scrub that can farm greens on his/her main to send to his/her dk enchanter that went to 375 after gaining two levels. I am absolutely in favor of that.
    thats bullshit, you dont have to farm green items to get essences, but my point is different - skilling up enchanting was very expensive, but ok, i did spend the gold for it and now i want to earn money from my investments, but what happens? Blizzard just f*cks with us(by us i mean ppl who actually spend their gold in enchanting)... and now kids can get skills for like half or less of the original price...

Blizzard FIRST minieasy mod in wotlk.

smaller prices.

I think it's a good change. Powerleveling enchanting past ring enchants was pretty much for server first bullshit anyway. Currently sitting at 435 enchanting with 100 shards to burn and wondering how I can pull more essences out of thin air. At least I can spend the shards on leveling up now.

Quote Originally Posted by LowbrowDeluxe
    So, 5% off every transaction. In point of fact, the more people playing the AH economic mini-game, the more effective a money sink it becomes. It doesn't matter how much profit any one individual manages to make, every time they reinvest that gold into another round of buy low/sell high another 5/10 (depending on if they buy direct or buy out low bid auctions to resell or craft/have crafted then resell) percent is whisked away. 10% off players turning over 5k g daily is most certainly non-negligible.

Regardless, as I said it was probably intended as much as an artificial obstacle to slow early progress. People who wanted the skill, or the enchants, or in the case of JC the crafted items early paid a premium. Nature of the game. Heck even the server first 450 chefs had to pay top gold to get that far, and deal with the same sort of artificial obstacle in the form of the northrend spice.
    i don't know if they have any scheming of that sort in this case, but i wouldn't put it past them. mounts are a nice example of a sink in this game. they cost substantially more than a reasonable amount for the given level, yet they're a necessity. it's kind of brutal, but there are other MMOs which don't have any good sinks and inflation screws the shit out of their economy

This is response to a post about rogues in 1v1 I read on page three I think.

Rogues are OP. Rogues are imbalanced. There is only one way to fix rogues. Remove them. Since that wont happen, take being stunlocked and faceraped (especially we clothies, you at least wear mail.) like the rest of us.

As a priest, I can pop my trinket, fear, and dot the rogue up, pop painsupression when they come back.

Use Shamanistic Rage and Stoneskin maybe? I don't know

Also, get a nice, beefy two hander. A two hander windfury crit will take down a leather wearer quite a bit.

Also, as for the enchants, The reduction in price is mostly because a lot of enchants will now be using dream shards instead of dreamshards being used mostly as currency for the enchanters to buy new enchants. Atleast I know ill be able to two 7 more spellpwoer onto my bracers as soon as the patch hits =D.

For me, leveling my enchanting honestly wasn't expensive at all. I leveled up a HUGE portion of my enchanting just by disenchanting all the random drops and quest rewards (considering I was rocking tier 6 leveling up and didn't need any of the rewards). It got me a ton of mats. There was a point between 420-440 where it slowed down a lot. Unlike a lot of people who went out buying mats to level their enchanting, I mostly just advertised on trade chat and enchanted my guildies' gear as they leveled. Now I'm rocking 456 (I'm a bloodelf) with minimal effort, and minimal money invested.

Tailoring... that was a different story all together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Maybe nice to add to the post the addition of 2 new enchanting recipies.

Exceptional Resilience- 20 resi on chest
    Major Stamina - 40 stam on bracers