Thread: 50k Raid Buffed

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: 50k Raid Buffed

Ok since I am poor I only could get the belt and boots last night. Tonight before our raid I will do dailies and get the chest and let you know how it turns out lol...I hope it helps ALOT lol

Wouldn't getting some extra fire (and shadow?) resistance be better than stacking extra stam eating up your healers mana ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nessa
    auras take care of that.

dont get resist gear for it. it does so much damage the mitigation/loss of functionality isnt worth it.

priests take care of shadow resist, pallies fire.
    Or you could just have a Frost DK in the raid <_< >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou
    Or you could just have a Frost DK in the raid <_< >_>
    frost dk? where? barely ever see them

15+ Year Old Account

i personaly gem / enchant everything towards agi avoidence. but whne i get fully raid buffed i can get 40K hp (whit hp shout) whit last stand i have 50K but.

although i do not advise it iv seen some druids tank whit the leather frost ress peices. they give about the same armor as your normal gear but a sick stamina especaily when u put gems in it :P
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

How often does he use flame breath ?

I was just wondering why not take a DK to tank him ? acclimation gives frost dk's 230 resist with frost aura with no resist gear on. DK's DO have lot's of hp too (not as much as a druid). They have anti-magic shield also and IBF, OR -

- Unholy DK that pop's boneshield / IBF / Anti-magic shell in rotation on those flame breath to reduce dmg by 40%/50%/75% on top of standard 5% from frost presence. IF he specc for it the standard mitigation for magic could be 10% instead of 5%. So 50%/60%/85% dmg reduction. That sort of mitigation combined with 40k hp (fully geared buffed dk get this much)
    NOTE: that would only work if Sart doesn't breath more often then once every 20 sec.

Hence my question, how often does he use his breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamb
    How often does he use flame breath ?

I was just wondering why not take a DK to tank him ? acclimation gives frost dk's 230 resist with frost aura with no resist gear on. DK's DO have lot's of hp too (not as much as a druid). They have anti-magic shield also and IBF, OR -

- Unholy DK that pop's boneshield / IBF / Anti-magic shell in rotation on those flame breath to reduce dmg by 40%/50%/75% on top of standard 5% from frost presence. IF he specc for it the standard mitigation for magic could be 10% instead of 5%. So 50%/60%/85% dmg reduction. That sort of mitigation combined with 40k hp (fully geared buffed dk get this much)
    NOTE: that would only work if Sart doesn't breath more often then once every 20 sec.

Hence my question, how often does he use his breath.

DK's are by far the best tank for sarth with 3 drakes. sadly not all guilds have access to them. so they have to get a high stam druid tank, and use crazy tactics like guardian spirit, discs. priests, a pally bubbling and absorbing damage, and tank taunt/CD blowing rotations

Wow, there's a lot of idiots on this board. Idiots who don't know the fight should stop calling other people idiots. It's ok to be ignorant. It might even be ok to be arrogant. But to be both ignorant and arrogant is bad.

My guild has done Sarth 3d as well. We tried different classes tanking and found the best tank for Sarth for what we have available in the guild is a druid tank with as much hp as possible.

Our feral druid had 52.3k hp buffed for 3 drakes last night, added insurance against insta-death by breaths.

Quote Originally Posted by alt
    Wow, there's a lot of idiots on this board. Idiots who don't know the fight should stop calling other people idiots. It's ok to be ignorant. It might even be ok to be arrogant. But to be both ignorant and arrogant is bad.

My guild has done Sarth 3d as well. We tried different classes tanking and found the best tank for Sarth for what we have available in the guild is a druid tank with as much hp as possible.
    i think your the first person to use the word "idiot"
    did you have a unholy DK available?

Edit: unholy

Quote Originally Posted by Shamb
    So 50%/60%/85% dmg reduction.
    That would be 50/60/100% reduction actually; cause if we are speced for the +5% magic reduction, our magic shield is also boosted to be 100% magical damage reduction.

EDIT: and you forget the bubble (AMZ), who can also absord 75% of a breath.

That make 4 cd with 50 to 100% damage reduction (against his breath)

Greetings Undead. Wonderful day to be alive, isn't it?

It is very possible, I think, I saw a druid with 40k raid buffed about 2 weeks after the xpac. Of course, you would have to lose some mitigation. By the time we get epic gems and t9 stuff, I'm sure you could reach 50k pretty easily.

I tank Sarth with 3-drakes, both 25-man and 10-man down. I sit around 50.6k hp raid buffed. Very doable... even without sacrificing mitigation. Mostly I end up sacrificing a lot of threat, but can still pull 4-5k tps as long as no one jumps the gun on me too hard. VERY low hit in that gear

Our druid is sitting around 5k6 raid buffed for sarth, 42kish with the -25% health aura and managed to get one shot by the breath a couple times (52k is what it HIT for) on top of that massive stam, you need cooldowns to help him survive when drakes 2 and 3 are down and their adds are both up.

well you should have about 130-150 fire resist. 130 from totem or aura, and 20 from a back enchant if u want. this will provide about ~27-30% mitigation on the flame breaths

What he said ^

^_^b

I use a FR totem and the back enchant for resists.

Once the twilight torment debuff comes up, you need to start your cooldown rotations. This isn't bad in 25-man, but REALLY hectic in 10. I used 2 hand of sacrifices and my barkskin as my major cooldowns, and combined those with my offering of sacrifice, survival instincts, nightmare seed, and the occasional PWS from the shadow priest. Once the second drake went down, I popped an indestructable potion and kept clearing the debuff on flame breaths to minimize damage. Sarth starts hitting pretty hard after the drakes die. About 10-12k or so on me in 10-man. That's pretty much a relief for the healers after the raid damage going on while drakes are up though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessa
    dont get resist gear for it. it does so much damage the mitigation/loss of functionality isnt worth it.

^

Tanking in resist gear is a thing of the past - Getting frost gear to stack stamina and gems is laughable at best. You might have good hp, but you will be 'chopped like a squishy'.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhugger
    frost dk? where? barely ever see them
    I'm one <_< But I never get groups because idiots assume frost = tank, and refuse to believe me when I say I'm dps >_>

0/44/27 is one of the best dps specs in game, it's a "bastardised" 0/32/39 spec that focusses more on the large crits of howling blast and icy touch, while retaining the dps boost of the permanent ghoul, impurity and gargoyle.

The spec is supposedly equal to the other spec, the playstyle is essentially the same, you just crit harder with frost spells, that's all..

Just thought I'd throw that in here, now we're on the topic of people thinking frost = tank