Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Patch 3.0.8 not going live today

The ones who shout too easy already have the gear. They want it harder for everyone else.

IF you want hard there are 2 more instances coming and they will be hard.

No testing....why that is always buzzards policy. Get people to test for them....put out whatever and nerf to the whiners.
    That is buzzards typical working hard.

That would be nice. I'm actually home today, sick, but I was hoping I could get in some earlier play time. Hopefully the maintenance doesn't last all morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Orin
    heh, pretty sucky Blizzard actually has to PTR test their own product instead of relying on unpaid players...

I agree with the other raiders, Blizzard made the current raid content far too easy and needs to hurry up and release 3.1 pretty soon after 3.0.8.
    They made the raid content relatively easy on purpose to allow people who never got to experience some of the harder Pre-LK content easier. However, unexperienced raiders are still gonna struggle on fights like Thaddius, Four Horsemen, and Grobbulus.

Do I want 3.1? Yeah, I've only just started getting into LK content and I do find it easy. I also think Blizzard used the achievements to add some difficulty. "The Safety Dance" makes Heigan complicated (though not to me, that dance is cake--but to newbies, yeah). Also, tell me you did Sanctum with all three drakes up. I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Orin
    heh, pretty sucky Blizzard actually has to PTR test their own product instead of relying on unpaid players...

I agree with the other raiders, Blizzard made the current raid content far too easy and needs to hurry up and release 3.1 pretty soon after 3.0.8.
    That's Par of the course with MMORPG's imagine a patch being released without seeing the sort of traffic it does when it goes live. That and at least it gives us something to do when the server's are down.

And Blizzard said right from the very start Naxx was intended to be a STARTER raid. No designed for people that had been clearing higher tier content in WOTLK. I was surprised by the end of Wrath at the amount of people who hadn't even seen inside Kara. That being said they have said Uldar will be much more of a challenge, and it still is early days in Wrath so who knows what else is planned.

Quote Originally Posted by zingar
    why u complain if its too easy? u wanna work harder for the same gear? if u dont enjoy it being so easy then do 25 man content with 15 ppl or do it in greens or something. there are tons of ways to make easy stuff harder
    There is always a way to make it more challenging. Besides going in greens (awfully foolish to spend hours and days getting gear and not use it), you can try for the achievements, raid on alts, gear up the slower people in the guild, etc.

But at some point you want to take your main and your gear and take your guild's other good raiders and defeat some challenging boss. And besides Sarth with 3 Drakes there really isn't anything out there like that.

15+ Year Old Account

Every time there is a patch, who whole thing goes to hell for like 2 days and you can't do anything in a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by sparks

No testing....why that is always buzzards policy. Get people to test for them....put out whatever and nerf to the whiners.

You have absolutely no idee what you're talking about.Testing ist about 1/2 to 3/4 of the work of software engineering.And you simply cant test a software that big with that much of people playing simultaneous without an PTR.
    Well you can, but it would cost tons of money an several MONTHS, or you just release it an fix the bugs later. In that case, WOW would be like Gothic 3 or any EA game. So be happy the way it is, it could be far worse.

Sorry for the bad english, im not used to

Quote Originally Posted by zingar
    why u complain if its too easy? u wanna work harder for the same gear? if u dont enjoy it being so easy then do 25 man content with 15 ppl or do it in greens or something. there are tons of ways to make easy stuff harder
    Because it devalues the gear. Epics become blues of the past so whats the point in being good when you can complete everything in a day with no challenge.

However it is good to hear that blizzard wants to take the Sarth 3 drake design and move forward with it on more content so that will at least push more hardcore guilds to care.

Quote Originally Posted by Madz
    Thats 3.1 for the new raid dungeon, 3.0.8 is the next patch which has DK/hunter changes mainly.
    and ele shamy and feral druid.

Quote Originally Posted by sparks
    The ones who shout too easy already have the gear. They want it harder for everyone else.

IF you want hard there are 2 more instances coming and they will be hard.

Now that's a new one, Buzzards?..

There is no truth.

Quote Originally Posted by hellfiend
    You have absolutely no idee what you're talking about.Testing ist about 1/2 to 3/4 of the work of software engineering.And you simply cant test a software that big with that much of people playing simultaneous without an PTR.
    Well you can, but it would cost tons of money an several MONTHS, or you just release it an fix the bugs later. In that case, WOW would be like Gothic 3 or any EA game. So be happy the way it is, it could be far worse.

Sorry for the bad english, im not used to
    No you're 100% correct. I am a programmer and I hate it when I hear threads like this about how theres bugs and how it takes so long etc. If you're not a programmer or if you don't work in software development then just keep your trap shut.

Wow is by far one of the best pieces of software out there. For the size that it is they do an excellent job of keeping the bug count low and fixing things after patches. Also keep in mind, for those of you who were playing back pre-BC, everything was much worse. They have gotten better in the past few years now that they have more experience under their belts, and they keep surprising me with their products.

What some people don't understand is that while changing something as "simple" as the way that warlock summons work could be much more complicated. Anytime a change has to be made or new content has to be added it could require a massive rework to the code that you never even see. In order to change a spell they might need to rework some of the existing code that handles spells. Now obviously this is just an example. The point i'm trying to make is that just because something seems like an "easy fix" doesn't mean its easy at all.

Not to mention the fact that changing one small spell could break 3 more. This is all highly possible and this is the reason patches take so long and the reason that they have a PTR for people to participate in. Theres no way they can re-test every spell and ability combination every time they change something. Thats not to mention once they throw in buffs and glyphs and such into the mix. Blizzard does much of the testing on their own development servers but they release it to the PTR to find a couple of those "hard to find" bugs and they test the stability of their code.

Excellent post monalin, says it all.

On the topic of WoW 3.0 being too easy a lot has been said already and well, even though i consider myself a rather hardcore player (world 82. Sarth+3 10 man, glory of the raider achievement, etc...) I can understand why they made the content as easy as it is.
    I see it for example in my RL friends who didn't and still don't raid hardcore (never even seen sunwell, etc), and they do in fact enjoy the game a lot more now than they did in BC (especially at the end). And face it or not, there are a LOT more players like my friend than there are hardcore players who lets say did kill sarth+3 in 25 or 10man.
    So i really love the new approach blizzard is going to take at raiding with introducing a lot more "hard modes" with appropriate rewards.
    Chances are good my friend and I will both enjoy the game even more once Ulduar ships .
    Newti - unplugged (EU Eredar) - 6/8 HC, 7/7 HC, 13/13 HC

Quote Originally Posted by monalin
    No you're 100% correct. I am a programmer and I hate it when I hear threads like this about how theres bugs and how it takes so long etc. If you're not a programmer or if you don't work in software development then just keep your trap shut.
    That night, Homer drives to his first class.

[Homer drives to Flanders' house; rings doorbell]
    Ned: Well, Homer, what a pleasant --
    Homer: Can't talk now, Flanders. _I've_ got a class to teach.
    Ned: Heh, but you rang my --
    [Homer speeds away. He stops at a Krusty Burger Drive-Thru]
    Kid: Can I take your order?
    Homer: Nothing for me today. _I've_ got a class to teach.
    Kid: Sir, it's a felony to tease the order box.
    [Homer speeds away. Goes through a red light at an intersection; cars skid around him]
    Homer: It's all right! I'm a teacher.
    Hoover: I didn't know we could do that! [speeds through light]

That's the first thing that came to my mind when I read your comment =) And don't worry, it's okay for me to poke fun at you. I'm a software developer too, and programmer brothers are allowed to use the N word... oops I mean poke fun at each other.

lulz
    Quote Originally Posted by Il1dan
    Sorry bro but it is mmo-champion the #1 QQ web site on the net

Hey

15+ Year Old Account

Maybe i'm delusional. Way back when I was leveling my warrior from 1-70 right when BC came out there were quite a few patches the whole way(this was over a 6 month period of time).

is it just me or has there been less patches than there should be?

Oh and yeah I really don't like that blizzard depends on the players to do so much testing..

so the patch is coming tomorrow?? Ya mon, great stuff!
    the ensidia ban was clever marketing

oh noes, someone is using engineering

Quote Originally Posted by Odmanex
    idd, some of us that are done with everything, but i dont think uldar is gonna take that much time. Making naxx didnt take that much time just abit changes , so they had alot more time for Uldar
    As for the content they're long done with ulduar, apart from some minor tweaks.

From what i've read, before WotLK was even released they were working on content for patch 3.3. And saying that patch 3.1 (Ulduar) was nearly fully done already, and 3.2 was half done.

Quote Originally Posted by fluid8
    Every time there is a patch, who whole thing goes to hell for like 2 days and you can't do anything in a raid.
    As far as 25 man raids on european servers go, it's so laggy most of the time that it's pretty much "broken" from a raiding point of view anyway.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by loopy
    As far as 25 man raids on european servers go, it's so laggy most of the time that it's pretty much "broken" from a raiding point of view anyway.
    it's not only the EU servers that have this problem, I've heard some rumors that this kind of lagg only effects the older servers from 2005-2007(in EU and US) and that it's taking so long for blizzard to fix it is cause they have to order new hardware (a.k.a new servers). BUT this is just a rumor I've seen going around.

Quote Originally Posted by nalle
    it's not only the EU servers that have this problem, I've heard some rumors that this kind of lagg only effects the older servers from 2005-2007(in EU and US) and that it's taking so long for blizzard to fix it is cause they have to order new hardware (a.k.a new servers). BUT this is just a rumor I've seen going around.
    That wouldn't surprise me. My guild's server is part of the "Cyclone" battlegroup, one of the oldest in Europe, and to be honest most of the time Naxxramas is practically unplayable for a 25 man raid group, especially at peak times.

It's not very enjoyable when you feel like you're fighting the lag far more more than the bosses, and could do with being fixed asap.