Do macros help increase warlock dps?

I had a shadow priest friend ask in guild chat if there were any good shadow priest macros. Being a warlock, I couldn't think of any, but it did get me thinking about the ones that I had. I have a lot of space saving macros (three drains in one button) and sticky target macros, but I couldn't think of any macros that really increased my dps like it does for a rogue or hunter. Besides combining the use of an "on use" trinket to haunt and/or shadow bolt, are there any macros that warlocks use to increase PvE dps?
    Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Re: Do macros help increase warlock dps?

just from reading the topic - no is the answer

I don't think there are really any that "increase" dps, as destruction you can make a macro that makes your life easier on stand-still fights, and as affliction you can make a macro to initially apply your DoTs, but that's about the extent of what warlock macro's can do... simply make life a little easier, at least for a little bit.

Thank you for confirming my suspicions
    Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

heres a idea, it might be retarded, it might be so brilliant noone will understand it.
    I got the idea from a hunter macro that activates another macro. This one will only work on single target. And since im no wizz to macro making we need someone clever to tell if its possible.
    The idea is to have separate macros for all your dots each with a castsequence in it, so it resets after the dots full duration.
    You then have a "master macro" that activates all your dot macros.

Master Macro
    /use hotkeyposition 1
    /use hotkeyposition 2
    /use hotkeyposition 3
    etc...

on the hotkey locations listed you will have your dot macros, that due to the castsequence reset timer dont allow the dots to be cast before their full duration is up.

Macro one Corruption
    /castsequence (reset=18) /cast Corruption

Macro two Agony
    /castsequence (reset=21) /cast curse of agony

Sorry for wasting your time if this isnt possible. Just an idea.

Better dps no.

But you can make life easier when you macro for example shadow ward, fel armor, detect invisi and unending breath in one castsequence with a reset of 10seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by donand
    heres a idea, it might be retarded, it might be so brilliant noone will understand it.
    I got the idea from a hunter macro that activates another macro. This one will only work on single target. And since im no wizz to macro making we need someone clever to tell if its possible.
    The idea is to have separate macros for all your dots each with a castsequence in it, so it resets after the dots full duration.
    You then have a "master macro" that activates all your dot macros.

Master Macro
    /use hotkeyposition 1
    /use hotkeyposition 2
    /use hotkeyposition 3
    etc...

on the hotkey locations listed you will have your dot macros, that due to the castsequence reset timer dont allow the dots to be cast before their full duration is up.

Macro one Corruption
    /castsequence (reset=18) /cast Corruption

Macro two Agony
    /castsequence (reset=21) /cast curse of agony

Sorry for wasting your time if this isnt possible. Just an idea.
    I don't know if I get it... Correct me if Im wrong, the point of this macro is that you would only need to spam one button to apply all your dots? and that you wouldnt override a certian dot because the reset timer is set for the end of said dots duration which would then "activate" the dots macro after the reset timer is up. Is that the general idea here?
    And for the dots with a cast time I guess you could set the reset timer for its duration minus its cast time so you perfectly time the reapplication. The only thing though is it would get screwed up depending on your haste buffs. It's an interesting idea...

I don't know if that would work or not but if it did I guess it would be good for beginner affliction locks to unsure that all their dots stay up and so they don't get overwhelmed.

But personally I'd just stick to my timers and manually apply them myself, I just really don't like the "one button spam" playstyle, if I did I would still be playing my mage ;D jk.
    Poë: 80 Gnome Warlock on Draenor
    53/0/18
    2550 spell dmg
    Hit Capped
    17% Haste
    18k health
    4/5 T7.5 now with Hood of Rationality woot!
    80 spriest and 4 other lvl 70 toons I dread the thought of having to level again.

yeah, it seems you got the idea

Ive had some more time thinking about this, and come to the conclusion, that if it works (which i no longer belive) it would potentially make any dps class a one button class. So im sure that blizz wouldnt have made it possible.

Though the idea of putting a /castsequence reset timer on all you dots could help a beginner warlock out, due to not losing dps by overriding existing dots.

Risu,

You can look here and decide for yourself if there are any others think will help you play better (more dps, better cc, etc) or have more fun.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Useful_macros_for_warlocks

In addition to the trinket proc'ing macros that you already use, I really liked the Focus Seduction macro. Cheers.

I did see the ones on Wowwiki, but it seemed that a good portion of it was meant more for a PvP environment and space saving. I didn't see anything that seemed to help out in a raid environment.

I could see the castsequence as being helpful for single target mobs such as bosses, but wouldn't it start to cause conflict if you are trying to multi-dot multiple mobs?

Quote Originally Posted by Risu
    I could see the castsequence as being helpful for single target mobs such as bosses, but wouldn't it start to cause conflict if you are trying to multi-dot multiple mobs?
    Everyone will have their own opinion on this. My opinion is similar to yours in that I would never use a castsequence macro for the reason you mentioned, and because I feel that I know what to cast next on a mob without thinking about it, and because I didn't want to turn WoW into a 1-button game for me... as it turned out, going Destro did that back in TBC, but that's totally off topic.

I found that that in 5 man's, with the Focus Seduction Marco, I didn't have to wait (waiting sometimes meant not casting a shadow bolt or a DoT) for seduction to break to reapply it (CC'ed mobs that broke free of seduction had a habit of 1-shotting healers) and I just had to hit one button to do it, which gave me more time to dps the non-cc'ed mobs and effectively increased my DPS, (as well as improving my CC.

I also agree with you that most of the macros on wowwiki are either pvp-oriented or space savers.

What I did take the time to do was macro all of my damaging spells (used the basic "Always Use Trinket" macro from wowwiki and just changed the spell name as appropriate) to attempt to proc both trinkets every time I cast any damaging spell, which you might have already done. Since I was terrible at remembering to click on trinkets to proc them, this helped increase my DPS. Cheers.

short answer, not really.
    if your an herbislist make a /use fireseed, /cast haunt macro helps for dps.
    if your herb and alch. /cast lifeblood, /use endless healing potion, /use healthstone is a beastly arena macro

Quote Originally Posted by Tarkas
    short answer, not really.
    if your an herbislist make a /use fireseed, /cast haunt macro helps for dps.
    i
    Fire seeds are broken. They're getting taken out as they don't do anything.