Thread: Haste and Ret

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Haste and Ret

these arguments just confuse people.

The best way to see which stats are the best is to use rawr but for simplicity the order of best to worst stats is generally the following (I used what rawr reckons is best for me):

str>ap>crit>hit>exp>arp>agil>haste>sp

the above will be a bit different depending on your stats.

Haste is not that great purely because it only effects your seal and auto attack dmg. It has no bearing on CS, DS. I dont know if it effects Consc, HW, HoW or Exorcism but it wont make much of a difference (I dont know if they are classed as spells).

Str on the other hand effects all the above. while Armour penetration (another pretty poor ret stat, by poor I just mean that str ap hit crit are better) effects CS DS as well as auto attacks.

So no haste is not too good.

why was haste great before?

pre patch 3.0.2 there was no DS, all paladin spells generally did poor dmg due to no ap to sp talent and due to low mana regen paladins were forced to limit other abilities. This made haste great pre 3.0.2, as this is no longer the case the abilities that are effected by haste are now a much smaller % so that while the actual dps gained from haste is about the same the % of overall dps is far lower.

But instead of trying to figure it out for yourself I recommend you use Rawr

http://www.codeplex.com/Rawr

or you can do what I sometimes do and make complicated spreadsheets yourself, or look at other peoples spreadsheets. But rawr is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Dire
    Point for point comparison is not a reliable way to measure Haste. EJ members have a lot of ways of explaining why their "opinion" on the matter of haste is the way it is. I tend to disagree with them on how good haste is. It is not as good as it used to be and haste is only effective when you have a LOT of it. However until you get a lot of haste it hinders you more then helps because of the crit/haste comparison people love making.

The fact remains, I have over 500 haste and I am averaging 4000 dps being between 1 and 5 on dps meters (DPS in my guild is very high). Of course I have tested it and a large amount of the damage increase when it comes to haste or no haste is, of course, melee auto swing.

Test things for yourself. However there will always be people who do not agree on the matter of haste.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n&n=Direzealot

Edited: Put in armory if you feel it might help
    Hilarious.

turkeyspit

Haste is good for Rets because Blizzard put alot of it on our gear, and Blizz devs are experts at itemization.

/giggle

I don't know how 'good' or 'bad' Haste really is, but the fact is if you want to wear Tier, Haste is what you are 'stuck' with.

As was said before, don't go looking for Haste or swap gear to increase it. Before long, you'll have enough to choke on.

Quote Originally Posted by stewza
    Hilarious.
    Is it fun to be annonymous making snide remarks as if you do better then I do?

You find it hilarious probably because you wish you were me, bud.

Quote Originally Posted by turkeyspit
    Haste is good for Rets because Blizzard put alot of it on our gear, and Blizz devs are experts at itemization.

/giggle

I don't know how 'good' or 'bad' Haste really is, but the fact is if you want to wear Tier, Haste is what you are 'stuck' with.

As was said before, don't go looking for Haste or swap gear to increase it. Before long, you'll have enough to choke on.
    It is honestly a matter of preferance. The fact remains that if you put all your eggs in one basket it may work for you, but it doesn't define how well you will do... completely. I do exceptionally well with having what I have and how I use it.

personally im in love with armor penetration. /end thread?

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders