Sartharion 3D - Adds tanking

Well, we did it just 2 times and still 2-3 people are dieing by fire eles - I just want to ask more experienced prots how they handle the eles w/o anyone dieing.

greets :/

Re: Sartharion 3D - Adds tanking

If you REALLY have to you can use Anastetic poison to remove the enrage. If the tank is pro enough none of the fire adds will get enraged if they don't get hit by the lava wave.

Most of the healers \ range dps should be standing around you so the adds will always be closeby. If you have to run around like a headless chicken to grab the fire adds it's not going to be possible.

Grabbing the adds isn't much harder than throwing an Avenger's Shield and grabbing the rest by Consecration.

Our prot paladin had a hard time with the adds as well when we first started, only thing that really helped us with the adds was having our holy paladins heal with righteous fury on and try their best to stay fairly close to the add tank, in hopes the adds would tend to them, rather than random people all around the island.

Aside from that, make sure people that do get aggro on the adds do anything they can do to stay alive. That means threat dump if they are squishy, or healthstone, etc, if they are a more robust (for me its using fade wisely). This should buy you time to gather them up. If the adds are killing the same people consistently, it should be easy to get PW:Shields, BoP's, etc, on them to keep them alive long enough for you to taunt or take care of business otherwise.

Lastly, if your guild can spare the dps, just have another tank come in. A single target taunt, along with an aoe taunt, can make a big difference if things start to fall apart. Our first kill of 3 drakes we used a feral druid MT, prot warrior main add tank, and another feral druid to pick up any loose adds they could find. Our prot paladin has filled the warriors spot on all subsequent kills (he wasn't online for first kill).

Good luck!

I've killed him twice now, once before Christmas and once last week. I'm lucky enough to tank one of the drakes so my job is relatively easy. I've tried tanking the fire elementals before and its just hard... practice practice practice. The problem with pallys tanking the adds is we cannot close range on them, we cannot pull them to us, and our taunt wont do much because by the time it gets to us either an AoE will hit it or it will get healing agro.

Pallys weakness has always been getting to the mob, ever since day one. We have no ranged attacks besides AS which is on a 30 second CD and I already explained the problem with taunt. Because you don't know where they're gonna spawn it is very difficult. If you do get some enraged make sure they die ASAP. Also if people are dying to adds make sure they're actually dying to adds and not the tsunami or red circles. Try to keep everyone grouped up so u don't have to run after the adds, or you will not be able to pick them up as a pally.

When we do it we have 1 warrior on Tenebron and Vesperon, a druid with 50K HP on sartharion and me on Shadron. We use 2 DK's on the adds, they are incredible for this, they have some many ranged abilities they can pick the adds up in no time, not to mention that they kill them too so we don't ever need to switch over to the adds.

Until you get a couple drakes down though you really cant have anyone die. Also, if you haven't gotten to Vesperon yet then you haven't begun the fight really, because once he lands all shit break loose. To tackle the fight I suggest doing it in steps and mastering each one.

Thanks for all your advices - we tried the holy paladin one, and its working flawless. But still those latency problems give ya a hard time surviving the waves for the DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Cho
    Thanks for all your advices - we tried the holy paladin one, and its working flawless. But still those latency problems give ya a hard time surviving the waves for the DPS.
    Lag sucks, didn't seem too laggy yesterday when we did it. Naxx is our big problem right now, we had to wait until 11pm server to finish our naxx run from Tuesday because we couldn't get past Thaddius. The polarity would shift and we'd all be dead before we knew what charge we were. Of course the lag goes away once you have the first 6 or so people die, but by then it too late and bam... enrage. Lag is a bitch right now i think we're one of 2 guilds on our server that made it past patchwerk this week... it was really bad.

Anyways we killed him yesterday and I got the Twilight Drake 8)

Best of luck to you on 3D Sartharion hes a bitch. The week after our first kill we still wiped 20 times before killing him. This week it was only 5. I hope we one shot him next week.

Have your other players understand that if something horrible attacks them, they should run onto consecrate.

Quote Originally Posted by confessor
    Have your other players understand that if something horrible attacks them, they should run onto consecrate.
    spell detail turned down = no visible consecrate >_<

The add tanking is way easiere for a DK and Prot pala than Warrior and druids.
    So i recommend u to use dk/prot
    There is no truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatsuyuki
    spell detail turned down = no visible consecrate >_<
    they deserve to die horribley then

We just managed 3d for the first time this past Thursday. I was able to handle tanking the elementals and the vesperon adds without much issue... However, I did get crucified for a few accidental taunts of Sarth. A fat fingered mistake or a mis-click and that was all she wrote.

We use the Single holy pally stationary healing in either mid center, or mid-side safe spot. Both Pally healer and pally tank are marked and I would jsut run my ass around them as fast as I could kiting the mobs. Anything not chasing me was a valid target. However, the trick to this is at least early on, always face the adds.

- Since its all fire damage anyways, you can only use avoidance to prevent damage.
    - You can use high block value to avoid all damage from vesperon adds. Thier armor reduction ability means nothing to a pally tank with 102.4%.
    - Watch what you taunt. If something targets the MT...or you run the camera through sarth because you are running at Max Camera Distance 40... a bad taunt can kill you.
    80 Paladin (x2), 80 Shaman (x3), 80 Rogue (x2), 80 Mage, 80 Death Knight, 80 Priest, 80 Warrior, 80 Hunter