Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: tanking patchwerk on heroic

30k hp raid buffed.. ouch yeah you really need more.
    on our first proper patch I think I had 33k and MT and second soaker had 31k ( I'm feral )
    That was rather tough I was main soaker and he was hittin me for 25k's so if we wasn't topped up fast enough insta death if didn't avoid the hits

My best advice would be try and get as much stam as possible without gimping other stats and have a priest/shaman or 2 constantly keeping inspiriation up on you for best chance of surviving
    Quote Originally Posted by Junlee View Post
    You can't even post in the proper forum. If Blizzard employees functioned as you do, your character would queue up for a BG and end up in Molten Core.

Quote Originally Posted by Gomexus
    From what I understand OT's job for Patchwerk is basically to absorb Hateful's...
    the MT to insure the Hateful Strike gets thrown to you and not anyone else.
    Yeap, once you have good def cap and dodge, then you do need over 30k, I think you shouldnt have a problem, goodd tanks at 35k-40k hp raid buff seem to be ok

Anyone know how patchwerk targets with his hatefuls? Is it that he hits the person with the highest health # or highest health %?
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Rathok
    Anyone know how patchwerk targets with his hatefuls? Is it that he hits the person with the highest health # or highest health %?
    As far as I know he picks the #2 and #3 in threat and, out of these two, he hits the one who currently has the most HP, so no %-value.
    "Rend (Rank 1) and Rend (Rank 2) had their damage slightly increased."

tank, healer and dps have to be at a certain level to be able to do this..

if one is off, you will fail... (unless you are lucky) .. thats why he is a gear check.
    It's just a game.

Some key points about patchwork (25man version):

A) Hateful strikes occur every 1sec
    B) Hateful strikes can be avoided
    C) He will hateful strike the player who has the highest health TOTAL (not %) in melee range who is ALSO:
    D) he will only hateful strike the top 3 threat holders

Some suggestions for tanking him:

1) 1 MT and 2 OT - the OT's should be the 2 best geared tanks you have
    2) the MT and both OT's must hold the top 3 positions on the threat table at all times. If dps melee is dying to hatefuls its because they are above one of your OT's on threat
    3) To help with threat gen the OT's can/should fight from behind patchwork (less parries/dodges from your attacks)
    4) Setup a rotation with all of the dps classes that have threat tranfers abilities (aka hunter's misdirection) to help boost the threat of whichever OT needs it most
    5) Make sure you have patch debuffed for extra 3% miss (from hunter/boomkin)
    6) idealy you want the 2 OT's to be able to take 3 hatefuls betweeen them without healing before putting your MT in jearpordy of being the highest health tank
    7) used assigned healing for this fight (i.e. give each healer one assignment, druids of course should hot all 3)

note on #7 - . In general flex healing assignments (i.e healers heal who needs it) can be better but only if ALL of your healers are really good. Using assigned healing lets you troubleshoot and analize the fight (and your healers) better while you work on him

We tank him with a bear/DK combo with the following stats (roughly)

DK (Unholy): 39k hp raid buffed, 70%-71% avoidance (counting the 3% from debuffing patchwork),
    Bear: 55K hp raid buffed, not sure on avoidance but on the lower side for a bear since he's gemmed for HP

We use the bear tank to soak most of the hits but he also gets hit much more often with the lower avoidance. The DK (me) can keep boneshield+IBF pretty much 100% of the time with the combination of high avoidance and the bear tank eating more then half the hatefuls. Avoidance tanking is always at the mercy of the RNG but with a high health bear tank as your partner you eleminate that concern. Our setup we are capable of taking 4 unhealed hatefuls before our MT would be in jeorpordy of taking one but I think your safe enough if you can take 3 between the OT's

Quote Originally Posted by Syrda
    As far as I know he picks the #2 and #3 in threat and, out of these two, he hits the one who currently has the most HP, so no %-value.
    Close - he will only target #1, #2 or #3 on threat. DPS is completely safe as long as they stay below the 3 tank's threat regardless of their health (or the tanks health) but the MT is at risk of eating a hateful if his health is higher then both the OT's