Best tank TPS rotation?

Hi guys...

Havn't been satisfied with my rotation since the 3.0 patch TBC, so let me hear any suggestions, on the BEST TPS cycle for feral tanks??
    Are there any officially best rotation?

gogo share your experience
    Need Signature.. help

Re: Best tank TPS rotation?

Are you tanking one mob or many?

I mean all we have is Mangle, Maul, Lacerate, Swipe, Feral Faerie Fire and Demo Roar to keep up, it's not all that tricky. Personally, unless it's a long boss fight, I don't bother with Lacerate, but that's more of a damage thing than a threat thing, though the numbers indicate that over a full tick, a 5 stack is about equal to the two faerie fires that go in there.

I'm assuming for multimob pulls you've at least Glyphed Maul. I've seriously never had a problem, even tanking for 80s at 70 putting out enough threat just hitting Mangle, Maul and Swipe with the Debuffs up. Lacerate's great for long fights or fights with low rage where Maul really isn't an option, but that doesn't happen often. Just stack it up and keep it going rathe than using it every time it's off cooldown and make sure every hit you can get is a Maul, that's a lot of our threat and damage.

Different, its both MT (specially), but also thos about rotation for multiply mobs aka Trash
    I know there ain't many spells to use, but there may be a "best" way to spent your rage to have maximum TPS.. Assume you have full rage, how would your rotation look then?

Single target TPS:
    So far I start with stacking up my Lacerate and mangle, so I have 5xLace and mangle active all the time on single target, and then Maul + Swipe x 2, and then another mangle, then Maul + Swipe x 2, lacerate mangle and repeat from maul + swipe again..

Multiply targeting TPS:
    It is mostly (for me atm) unmotivated mangle -> swipe + maul x many times, tab and another mangle and swipe thingy again...

dunno if there is any wrongs, or anywhere where it could be better?

and for making sure that we mean the same points, then we ofc talking 25man raiding @ L80 Glyphed maul and mangle.
    Need Signature.. help

*pulling boss* Fairie fire mangle, lacerate x2, mangle, lacerate x2, mangle, laceratex1, (full stack now), swipe, mangle, swipe, swipe, mangle, etc (refresh lacerate dot, fairie fire and demo roar on boss whenever needed)
    Use your maul ability each swing.

Thats my single target tps rotation

Dont forget to get demo roar in their somewhere =p =)

Quote Originally Posted by Deionara
    Dont forget to get demo roar in their somewhere =p =)
    Does it really do good threat now? Remember TBC when is was like in now matter
    Need Signature.. help

Quote Originally Posted by Geritixxi
    Does it really do good threat now? Remember TBC when is was like in now matter
    demo roar isnt really so much about threat, though it will help to get the mobs on you for the first few swipes but no more then the swipes them selves would, what is important is the % reduction of dammage is comparitively much better now, and also its the same was warriors demo shout which means unless you or they are speced in it you can decide who does it and who does XXX skill, (sence warriors do other shouts its nice some times to do it for them, on patchwrek i do it just so the warrior can keep doing higher threat skills as i use it to miss one of my own higher threat skills and thus keep second slot better while not overly loseing my rotations).
    warriors get rust, pallys cant hear you in that bubble, death knights are screaming about voices, druids? were trying to get whats left of your face off our claws.

Demo Roar isn't about threat, it's got the lowest threat out of any ability, it's about doing your job as a tank. In all seriousness as long as you're doing the basics, Threat should not be a problem, unless it's a seriously movement heavy fight and your DPS aren't focus firing, which is more their fault than yours.

15+ Year Old Account

the best tps rotation is where you bind all your bear moves to your keyboard and faceroll :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gilthoniel
    *pulling boss* Fairie fire mangle, lacerate x2, mangle, lacerate x2, mangle, laceratex1, (full stack now), swipe, mangle, swipe, swipe, mangle, etc (refresh lacerate dot, fairie fire and demo roar on boss whenever needed)

I usually shift into bear form before a boss fight (10 rage from furor) and the enrage (another 10 or so rage) so as you pull with fairie fire you can hit your maul button and it will activate when the boss gets in range (granted you land the maul :P)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gilthoniel

this.
    combine each of mangle, maul and lacerate with !Maul via a makro and you're fine.
    pulling with powershift + enrage (wait until it wears off, then pull instantly) and then mangle, lacerate, beserk (+followup of mangle/maulspam :P) gives you a good kickstart with a huge advantage of threat (doing 6k tps without any problems while beserk is active) and should get you to a point where you NEVER EVER will loose threat again except your death .

and yes, this works very well even with extremly low hit (i have 21 rating... but 38 expertise, this helps a bit ofc :>)

Afaik you should be using faerie fire every cd, i think you'll see your tps go up for single targets - however since its a minor upgrade you can just swipe instead and get some extra damage in.

Quote Originally Posted by Toranshalur
    Afaik you should be using faerie fire every cd, i think you'll see your tps go up for single targets - however since its a minor upgrade you can just swipe instead and get some extra damage in.
    I think after swipe threat boost its on par with swipe.