Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Don't Understand Druid Tanking...

Question: Does Infected Wounds work on most raid bosses ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shamb
    Question: Does Infected Wounds work on most raid bosses ?
    it works on all raid bosses i have seen in fact only mobs immune to it now are trash nature elementals.

to the guy saying where to put the 5 points and yet he doesnt have pp, unless your at 16% expertease your missing out own some mitigation via PP. theres the 2 points you would of had put in master shapeshifter, which means the other one to reduce % mana cost of shapeshifting would be pointless and you could of grabed either the improved enrage (the one that gives 10 rage soon as you click it) or the one that reduces dammage by 30% on stuns i know its only one boss fight currently where that matters but ehh she enrages at 30% its nice to have that tallent in that 30%. its not like you can barkskin every one she does the move at 2x the speed of barkskin's cool down. tank tallents shouldnt be about dps/ threat once your no longer worried about mobs being pulled off you they should be purely about medigation and geting your tank battle ready faster. its nice that we are pushing 2800 dammage in a trash fight and 2k in boss fights, but were tanks first dps second. and if you want it another way there are plenty of kitty specs.
    warriors get rust, pallys cant hear you in that bubble, death knights are screaming about voices, druids? were trying to get whats left of your face off our claws.

lets see...

primal precision: 2 talent points that increase your dps by 2.5%, and slightly lowers your damage taken from resetting boss swing timers on parry...also helps prevent annoying dodge/parries on initial pull(i hate it when they just run by me and are headed for my healers cause they parried my initial maul/mangle/swipe)

master shapeshifter: 5 talent points that increase your dps by 4%

Quote Originally Posted by Lilscrappy
    Couple questions here for druids.

Do druids tank in feral dps gear now?
    Do they still have defense on their gear?
    What is the best tanking spec?
    Whats the thing about weapons and AP in the next patch?

Thanks!
    wow grats you guys have compleetly lost track of the subject...
    anyways, on topic.

1. youll be rolling against rogue's (if they still excist) for leather gear with high STA and AGI values.
    for cloaks, rings, trinkets and your necklash youll probably be duking it out against warriors, death knights and paladins.
    armor on rings, cloak, trinkets and necklash wont matter to much after the next patch. they will NOT get multyplied by bearform anymore (inc items with armour value's in green)

2. no. defense is no longer needed by druids. thoug cant blame you if you do happen to get some throug rings, trinkets etc.
    the "survival of the fittest" talent is enough to substitute defense in terms of becoming uncritable.

3. some talents now only affect bear form and some now only effect cat form (yes you could considder druids the only class with 4 talent builds)
    if you wanna tank youd best look closely as to what to pick.

4. feral attack power from weapons is going to be removed. only druids will now be able to see the feral attack power a weapon brings.
    weapon changes: http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...comparison.jpg
    druids point of view: http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...gpoledruid.jpg

EDIT: forgot to add that druids will also be able to wield polearms in the next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by scett
    wow grats you guys have compleetly lost track of the subject...
    anyways, on topic.

1. youll be rolling against rogue's (if they still excist) for leather gear with high STA and AGI values.
    for cloaks, rings, trinkets and your necklash youll probably be duking it out against warriors, death knights and paladins.
    armor on rings, cloak, trinkets and necklash wont matter to much after the next patch. they will NOT get multyplied by bearform anymore (inc items with armour value's in green)

2. no. defense is no longer needed by druids. thoug cant blame you if you do happen to get some throug rings, trinkets etc.
    the "survival of the fittest" talent is enough to substitute defense in terms of becoming uncritable.

3. some talents now only affect bear form and some now only effect cat form (yes you could considder druids the only class with 4 talent builds)
    if you wanna tank youd best look closely as to what to pick.

4. feral attack power from weapons is going to be removed. only druids will now be able to see the feral attack power a weapon brings.
    weapon changes: http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...comparison.jpg
    druids point of view: http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...gpoledruid.jpg
    topic had been answered on first page, as well as 20 or so other threads.
    warriors get rust, pallys cant hear you in that bubble, death knights are screaming about voices, druids? were trying to get whats left of your face off our claws.

o... wel grats on taking over the topic in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by scett
    o... wel grats on taking over the topic in that case.
    ehh some just dont want to make a new thread every time we feel some one has said somthing that needs further discussion.

O well point being for the talents:
    Theres plenty of goodies in the trees... find a base with them, and use the extra points where you want them, try it out, and if it doesnt work then try something else.
    For a long time I was using KoTJ because 20%dmg every minute looked so attractive, but i started getting bashed too hard, so i dropped it for Infected Wounds. I like my talent build, and im probbaly gonna keep it the way it is, i do just great, i have good dps/tps, and i never loose aggro, thats good enough for me.

My final build after about 10 rebuilds:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0ZxGGscrzceRcczAo0E0u

Works for me ;D
    If you say 'plz' because it's shorter then 'please', i will say 'no' because it's shorter then 'yes'.

Mine is only slightly different:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0ZxGGsfrkceRcczAo0E0z

I picm shredding attacks, it is imo a great dps boost as kitty, the 1 point in bash is really just because I dont know where else it would make sence, and 15. sec less cooldown is nice.

After I got it I actually started to use bash a lot more, f.eks. just bashing when a targeet is at 20% and let the dps finish off while I mark the next pack or build aggro on next etc. Now that Im used to it Im really thinking about how I get a point more there ;D it is also great for solo, bcs it gives just enough time to pounch, mangle, shred before the mob gets out of the stun ;D

If you're going to put the points into Shredding Attacks, you might as well take the points from Infected Wounds and put them into King of the Jungle and be able to put out very good DPS when you're in cat form. Infected Wounds is only really good in 5-mans or if you're like the exclusive main tank in the fight.. 99% of the time our guild has a warrior MTing, and I found that with the other feral druid we have not taking this build, and still using infected wounds, I can really outshine him. He keeps up mangle with his mangle spam build, and I profit from rake/shredding. I don't know about anyone else, but I also find King of the Jungle to be amazing when you're a bear as well.. losing a couple thousand armor to do 15% more damage during a berserk on some trash or something = win. If your healers are doing their best to keep everyone up during trash your guild needs to farm some 5-mans or something.

//I'd suggest taking the point out of Brutal Impact and throw it in Predatory Instincts, just for a little more deeps/mitigation.

The spec that I described is the best for tanking and dpsing, in my opinion.