HoJ Glyph Change

This is the new change to the Hammer of Justice Glyph

* Glyph of Hammer of Justice -- Increases your Hammer of Justice range by 5 yards. (Old - increased duration by 1 sec)

Just wondering if anyone has an opinion. I think its a good idea at the moment. Not properly thought about it though but from what i see it will reduce some pvp burst damage as players will have less time to be nuked whilst stunned but it will give a tiny bit of viability of going after classes that are kiting u.

Anyone agree or disagree

Re: HoJ Glyph Change

eh...

seems kinda pointless to me.

but i'm holy so let me go stand back in the corner and wave my hands.

I even use Glyph of Hammer of Justice as Holy in Arenas. With Improved Hammer of Justice, you're looking at the opponent stunned 14/60 seconds. While the extra second might not be much, preventing a healer from healing his partner, or keeping a character stunned while you burst them for an extra second can make all the difference.

So yeah, the change is for the most part, a nerf, unless you're getting kited a lot? I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfdust
    This is the new change to the Hammer of Justice Glyph

* Glyph of Hammer of Justice -- Increases your Hammer of Justice range by 5 yards. (Old - increased duration by 1 sec)

Just wondering if anyone has an opinion. I think its a good idea at the moment. Not properly thought about it though but from what i see it will reduce some pvp burst damage as players will have less time to be nuked whilst stunned but it will give a tiny bit of viability of going after classes that are kiting u.

Anyone agree or disagree
    The 1 second extra duration had it's pro's, but so does the added range that it's being changed to.
    Really I think the 1 second extra duration is better, though, but it's not a huge nerf that people would complain about.

Personally I never bothered with this glyph, I preferred the other ones, Glyph of Judgement, Glyph of Seal of Command and Glyph of Turn Evil (Yeh, Turn evil might not be the best of Glyphs to have, but instant cast fear on Demons, Demonform Warlocks, DK Ghouls, DK's that have died and come back as a ghoul, DK's with Lichborne on etc. etc. it has it's uses ^^)

I can't wait till everyone else who QQ'ed about being stun/killed by a Ret find out that the stun just got a 50% range increase.

I guess its the same "NERF RET" yell just a different flavor, lol.

I would say the 1 second duration was better for ret, the extra range is probably better as holy.

The old one is surely better, but the best thing about this change that we'll see less whiners about us.

Plus, 5 more yards aren't so bad. Maybe I'd sound like a noob, but don't you guys think that it'll help a little bit more with runners/kiters? I mean 15 yards stun isn't so bad eh? with the imp. HoJ talent, 30 secs cooldown 15 yards stun seems so good.

Always.. always look at the bright side of each change made to us

Made by myself while I'm bored..

Quote Originally Posted by Server557
    The 1 second extra duration had it's pro's, but so does the added range that it's being changed to.
    Really I think the 1 second extra duration is better, though, but it's not a huge nerf that people would complain about.

Personally I never bothered with this glyph, I preferred the other ones, Glyph of Judgement, Glyph of Seal of Command and Glyph of Turn Evil (Yeh, Turn evil might not be the best of Glyphs to have, but instant cast fear on Demons, Demonform Warlocks, DK Ghouls, DK's that have died and come back as a ghoul, DK's with Lichborne on etc. etc. it has it's uses ^^)
    Are you serious? I personally think that Turn Evil glyph is a must for Arena Rets. The least of it you take off that freakin' warlock dog off ya!

the biggest advantage i see will be against mages. who we have a hard time with, no one will argue.
    otherwise it is a nerf to killing healers etc. /shrug

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Quote Originally Posted by Luthius
    Are you serious? I personally think that Turn Evil glyph is a must for Arena Rets. The least of it you take off that freakin' warlock dog off ya!
    warlocks in arena? whatre you smoking

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species

15+ Year Old Account

I would have liked to see a 5 second cooldown reduction or something instead of range... but range definitely has its advantages too.

Quote Originally Posted by ætti mørkna
    I would have liked to see a 5 second cooldown reduction
    No.

5 second cooldown reduction? Good lord, why don't they just make it apply to any seal proc?
    Glyph of Hammer of Lols: When any seal procs, you stun the target for 17 seconds.

There you go.

Anyways, I think I personally prefer this, since for many characters kiting isn't really an option anyways. I pvp as a boomkin and generally just don't bother - it isn't worth the cast time of roots. So, invariably, I am going to take that stun in the face. 6 seconds rather than 7 seconds? Yeah, I'll take that. Means the second one is 3 instead of 3.5, etc. Those are important seconds and fractions of a second.

For people who rely on kiting, this may be an issue.. But that in my mind is primarily mages and hunters.. So that's also fine.

Deleted

It's 1 second stun duration traded for 5 yards longer range on your main stun. Doesn't sound bad to me. Can be really helpful if you're being kited, or if you are in arena and need to get someone CC'd for a brief moment while you're chasing after the healer. I know many people will be very displeased by this change, but I think they'll get over it soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    warlocks in arena? whatre you smoking
    For a second I started to doubt the brand I smoke, but after reading your reply I just noticed how you ignored "the least of it" part of my statement. So I'm pretty sure that I'm smoking good quality cigs compared to your dried out rolls of ignorance. Have a lovely evening

Quote Originally Posted by LoLHoly
    I can't wait till everyone else who QQ'ed about being stun/killed by a Ret find out that the stun just got a 50% range increase.
    Sure if it wasnt that most of those who QQ about hammer refer to it as a "gap closer" and "long ranged stun" already. They seem to think it works from a mile away already anyways.

+10 yrds would be more in line as a major glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthius
    For a second I started to doubt the brand I smoke, but after reading your reply I just noticed how you ignored "the least of it" part of my statement. So I'm pretty sure that I'm smoking good quality cigs compared to your dried out rolls of ignorance. Have a lovely evening
    no, not "least of it" lol... there is no pet, therefore the least it can do is nothing. try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    no, not "least of it" lol... there is no pet, therefore the least it can do is nothing. try again.
    Your logic actually caused my eyes to bleed.