Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Re: Maraudon. If you remember it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nortalus
    Thanks for the replies.

The goblin foundry in DM, Hard it was. I remember some one fell off the ramp an pulled about five mobs to us. Our mostly inexperienced group perished
    lol DM WAS hard back in the day...the goblin foundry had to be handled just right...or you would pull way to many to handle

This work of art was made by Paz.

Quote Originally Posted by Peta
    Yep remember it. I hated it in the beginning. It was way too long and way too confusing. But if you know how to run it, it seems okay. I had the same feeling with Sunken Temple.
    I agree. Mara IMO was well designed, it had different wings and once you had done all of them or someone in your party did you could skip most of it if you wished. It is a lush and vibrant instance IMO. Sunken Temple however I found much more confusing, and the graphical design was horrible as well, all dark and quite repeative (you have to literally go around in circles to complete the instance).

BRD was epic, not going to lie but I refused to do it back in the day because it seemed so hard and so complex. However now that those types of instances ARE gone, now I miss them... IMO Blizzard should still do a variety of instances, it sucks that they refuse to do ANY in-depth ones just because they are much harder and time consuming.

I've spent so much time in mara not just when I was lvling toons back in the day but I'm an avid twinker and 49 is one of my fav brackets. Trying to get the Bloomsprout Helm for my shaman and hunter from the rare spawn in there Meshlok took me well over 4 months and getting the Fungus shroud chest for my rogue took another 2 months. All in all its not a horrible place but when you spend as much time in there as I have it starts to eat away at your soul.

Blackrock Depths, or Gnomeregan.

Blackrock Depths was an AMAZINGLY designed instance, but, took SUCH a long time to complete, wasn't as fun.

Gnomeregan designed for level 30s-40, but as a player who plays nearly exclusively horde, never got to see much of it. boring as hell instance IMO

Maraudon, not anything CLOSE to a bad instance,most didnt go there due to its location, 45-48ish instance in 30-38 zone.

Deleted

I farmed NR gear in there with my guildies for Sartura.

Cool times.

Quote Originally Posted by Vallos
    Blackrock Depths.

I never finished it back in the day because it takes roughly seven years to complete, and even with a full group of level 60s it could be a bit of a challenge. I never saw the last boss, probably because I couldn't stand to do that instance for more than 3 hours and, to be frank, neither I nor my guild were very good back then.

I refuse to go back and solo it. That place is awful.
    bahaha. i remember BRD.. =( not very enjoyable, i can agree. but one night, me and 4 friends decided to do a 'full clear'. deep into the night, 3 AM-ish, we got to the last boss. 45minutes of wiping, then downing them. http://www.wowhead.com/?item=11684 dropped. let's say my friend, a rogue, only one who would use it, was happy. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin
    South Park's 'Gay Fish' was actually a lot catchier than a lot of Kanye songs. Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Vallos
    Blackrock Depths.

I never finished it back in the day because it takes roughly seven years to complete, and even with a full group of level 60s it could be a bit of a challenge. I never saw the last boss, probably because I couldn't stand to do that instance for more than 3 hours and, to be frank, neither I nor my guild were very good back then.

I refuse to go back and solo it. That place is awful.
    BRD was probably the best 5-man blizzard ever did. Was it long...yes. But the rewards, at least in its day, were top-notch. More importantly, it was creative and it was epic. By today's standards, of course, it was mostly tank and spank but in its hayday it was full of unique and interesting encounters and setups, and even now its far more than a 'clear trash, kill boss, repeat' type instance. There was always way more to do.

Maraudon, BRD, Sunken temple.......... all great instances......... I rly miss pre-wotlk wow ))

Only disliked one instance: Sucken Temple
    I didnt mind long instancing, because the gear you earned there actually had value back then...
    A rare meant more then naxx25 wellfare now...
    WTF he has full Beast Stalkers!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia
    BRD was probably the best 5-man blizzard ever did. Was it long...yes. But the rewards, at least in its day, were top-notch. More importantly, it was creative and it was epic. By today's standards, of course, it was mostly tank and spank but in its hayday it was full of unique and interesting encounters and setups, and even now its far more than a 'clear trash, kill boss, repeat' type instance. There was always way more to do.
    Oh i LOVED BRD back in the day, not too many people finished it because it was soo long. I do remember doing lots of MC attunement runs for people, being a priest.

Also, just noticed, that I used to play with kayron on Dethecus before I x-fered because the server was sooo bad at the time.

Deathwatcher, Shadowpriest. 2261 Spellpower Unbuffed. x-Dethecus. On Eredar now!

15+ Year Old Account

I tanked Maraudon last week...I actually remembered most of it, going through it on my main, and we went through it very quickly with our good dps.

BRD on the other hand, I tried tanking...I hated it...
    Its big, way too many adds if someone pulls a boneheaded move, the bosses didn't even drop decent gear.
    Sigh...
    The Grim Guzzler was nice though >.>

But yes, I remember Maraudon, and its cake compared to BRD.
    "Whether the world's greatest gnats, or the world's greatest heroes, you are still only mortal."
    "You fear that which you cannot control. But can you control your fear?"