Poll: Which of the options below mostly corresponds to your opinion?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Tree of Life Form - A thread purely about aesthetics

Im making a druid for the expressed purpose of tree form. Its unfortunate that forms can't have armor showing, a nice compromise would be that all the necklaces and rings that don't show on your regular toons would be the only things you could see on a shapeshifted druid. At least you can tell them apart from all the different kinds of bling they got on. Of course i doubt the model makers would relish having to go back and add models for all the old equip that they never had to before.

Personally id like to see a change where as you start out as a full verdant tree and as you run out of mana, the leaves start to turn brown and fall off.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarc
    What do you mean "like the bear form"?

What does that have to do with anything? :P
    The bear form pretty much defined shapeshifting. In Warcraft 3, you had bear form and crow form (which didn't show up in WoW until flying mounts). The point being that druids are supposed to shapeshift into animals, not other humanoids. Moonkin somewhat pushes the limits on that and treants definitely don't count as animals anymore. Hell, they used to be banishable. Of course, you couldn't use a spider form for casters or anything like that but straying even further away by using a keeper or dryad model for those shapeshifts makes no sense.
    I'd rather have them spend some more care on the current models and give them some more animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Carvel Creamer
    Personally id like to see a change where as you start out as a full verdant tree and as you run out of mana, the leaves start to turn brown and fall off.
    That'd be cool, although it has nothing to do with the customisation issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Notafama
    Blizzard promised a retexture for Bears Cats Moonkins and Trees.
    To make them of the quality of Swift Flight form.

But indeed this ToL is ugly and low gfx.
    And i demand the color of my leafes changing with the season!
    They promised ToL too huh? Well, that makes me hopeful. If they are to make it the quality of Swift Flight form they Have to scrap the "Feralas Tree Wanderer"-model for sure. If they can make the tree look relly cool, without that lazy looking body, weak arms, and long face. Then sure, I could live with being a tree.

Blizzard promised a retexture for Bears Cats Moonkins and Trees.
    To make them of the quality of Swift Flight form.

But indeed this ToL is ugly and low gfx.
    And i demand the color of my leafes changing with the season!
    They didn't really promise that, they only promised something along the way. At first they wanted to do it with glyphs (swapping one mob model with another one, and only like one cat and one bear variant as far as I know) but then removed those when they realized it would be retarded to do it that way.

Running around naked all winter ftw!

15+ Year Old Account

I think that I have hear rumors about change of the Druid forms, but it might take some time.

Same thing, expect the retextures in the next expansion.
    LOL you should'nt expect anything if they say; possible/maybe/next expansion

I doubt they will ever change the models.