Page 2 of 151 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Your biggest WTF moment in an instance?

When I were in UBRS with Leeroy... We had fun

on the last days of TBC we wanted to go Grull with our gulid but as it was like 3am so we half-pug it.. (unfortunately we didnt have any mages or hunters online)...
    and now the story :]
    1st thing was when we thought everyone know what to do, we said who tanking who etc.... pull and bah wipe
    we was like wtf but ok, we started to look what happen - there was no MD... ok once more...
    we started again hunter poped MD warrior run to place, pull and.... all mobs go for the mage tank (yes.. that hunter didnt really know he need to shot the targets in order to MD work)...
    when we have sorted this on another pull after 30s our mage tank dies.... we asked him like "wtf" and he replied... where was the heal... check recount he was spamhealed... next try... and we realize that he isnt spellstealing that shield... when we asked why he said that he could spellsteal that shield only once.... that was really really retarded night

In gruuls lair on hkm we had a new hunter trialist. We explained the fight and said that he had to MD when we say pull. Now the hunter pulls when he hears the word pull and needless to say we wipe.

We all run back in and start to drink up and the RL starts to explain that he will go 3 2 1 pull. Now the hunters hears the word pull again, and MD while the rest of the raid is sitting there drinking.

Third time he managed to get it right, he didnt pass the trial.

Deleted

Want to hear my WTF??? Story?

Here it is...

Its not a story, but a fact. Sometimes we do guildruns in my guild, and sometimes one DPS spot is free, so ofc we pug one from LFG tool. And here is the funny part, whenever we pug one more member to HC nexus, he always has ~900 dps, it doesnt matter who we take, hunter, shaman, dk, feral druid, its always 900 dps... its just... WTF????

Probably when the leader of an UBRS group (in vanilla, duh) told me "Hunters don't kite" When I was ready to kite. They had the rogue kite... haha. Didn't turn out very well, needless to say. They finally listened to me though.

Anyways, that and a HoL group, I got booted right before we got to loken. Reason: "You're a DK, I don't want competition for the trinket." I equipped the trinket I had for my offset, told him to examine me. He did. "Oh Shit." "____ invites you to join a group." *DECLINE* *auto hearth* You don't do that to me and expect me to just forget it :P

Oh, and then in kara, a ret pally rolled on the necklace off Moroes because it had hit rating, and got pissed when the leader gave it to me over him (When I was on my lock). The entire raid was yelling at the ret pally "Casters get priority on a freakin caster piece" >_>

On the same topic - Not my story, but someone posted this in our guild forums this morning:

http://elitistjerks.com/blogs/deenog...ised_tank.html

Kind of long, but probably one of the funniest WoW stories I've ever read.

15+ Year Old Account

Biggest WTF Moment? Hmm lets see. Rogue, Deathknight, Mage, Druid Tier token drops, over and over and over, week after week, when every Rogue, Deathknight, Mage, Druid in our raid currently has fulls sets and is working on their offspec set.

I know I know QQ lol but it can be frustrating when you have a lot of others who need the gear

Quote Originally Posted by fluid8
    Biggest WTF Moment? Hmm lets see. Rogue, Deathknight, Mage, Druid Tier token drops, over and over and over, week after week, when every Rogue, Deathknight, Mage, Druid in our raid currently has fulls sets and is working on their offspec set.

I know I know QQ lol but it can be frustrating when you have a lot of others who need the gear

come to my guild we are thinking of changeing our name from "colossus" to "double protector again damn it" and we are swiming in dks,mages and druids who need tolkens.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dentoid
    i think you found donald from dark legacy comics ingame
    I think your right xD
    "Whether the world's greatest gnats, or the world's greatest heroes, you are still only mortal."
    "You fear that which you cannot control. But can you control your fear?"

Back in BC, soon after hitting 70. my wife and I were running Shadow Labs with a PuG and a hunter named LordofHunters (only misspelled). Well we weren't far into the instance when a green necklace dropped and the hunter ask to need on it. I was a little surprised, so I inspected his gear. He was level 70 and wasn't wearing a necklace, rings or a trinket.

As a result I start watching the hunter a little closer and realize, he doesn't have his pet out and he isn't using his bow. I ask him why and he replies something to affect "I'm survival spec and my pet dies a lot, so I don't use him in instances. And as survival spec I have improved traps, so I'm dpsing with my traps." Thats right folks, he was doing 75% of his damage with traps.

Needless to say, my wife (THE TANK, in blues and greens) was outdpsing him by a factor of two. And this was in BC, when tanks did much more pitiful damage.

Then about two weeks later, he joined my guild. It was the only time I've ever told my GM that he had to gkick someone. Thank god he did. I can only assume this guy was ebayed, but still. I hope I was never quite that incompetent.

all the dps doing less then 1500 in 10 man naxand tanks doing their dps or more...

doing opera post patch and not getting out of combat after raping RnJ, then 30 seconds later getting raped by the audience after accidentally pulling them during the fight with starfall.

Mine would be running heroics with a resto druid friend of mine, and by a bad twist of fate we ended up with not one, not 2 but *3* dps warriors >.>. I'm tanking on my DK.

No offense to those of you who can play but all dps warriors I've met are complete aggro £&"£$es. My friend commented to me constantly that it was killing his mana and he has good regen and is a damn good healer, and also if they insisted pulling off me they might as well learn to tank. The one good thing is that they of course had as little interest in tanking as I do dps'ing, so when a lot of tanking loot dropped it was of course mine and they squabbled over dps loot. That was funny to see and was why my friend and I put up with them

But seriously, doing heroics with 3 melee like that is a headache. Not only do they seem incapable of watching their aggro, they also die a lot. I think one of them (surprisingly the one doing the least dps of the 3) died - I clocked it - 18 times in Gundrak heroic. I died once the whole time which strangely was my getting overambitious and my druid friend was afk, and he died twice. /i guess the true wtf was the fact that even though the 3 guys were total meatheads we successfully did pretty much every heroic going (gearing me nicely on my alt for Naxx), they didn't complain about dying once and acknowledged it was them overaggroing, and despite being melee meatheads thet were actually all really nice guys. So strangely enough we've agreed to do heroics again, despite the one who died 18 times spending horrendus amounts of gold on repairs.

Wizzleteats

Well, I was in a group one time and the leader invited a Huntard... >

;D I kid I kid! ;D

Anyway, was doing a Heroic Mechanar and healing with my not-so-well-geared Holy Paladin and everything was going fairly well except the Hunter lost her pet a few times. I figure it's all good because no one has died and losing a Hunter's Pet isn't that big of deal. Mind you, I'm not rocking T6, hell this was only two-three months after TBC was released so it's actually a challenge to keep the heals up. After about the fourth time the Hunter loses her pet I get an angry tell from the Hunter.

Hunter: "you need to heal my pet too you know"
    Me: "Uhm.. I'm sorry?"

We continue on and get to the second boss and sure enough, the Hunter's pet dies again. I was fighting for my life to keep everyone up in a mobile fight and healing the Hunter's pet would have meant letting someone else die. Not a difficult choice for me, let the damn thing die. The Hunter didn't see it this way:

Hunter: "youre a terrible healer, why can't you keep my pet alive?!"
    Me: "Look, I'm sorry your pet dies but I'll be perfectly honest, if I have a choice between tossing a life-saving heal on your pet or on a group member - I'm going to save the party member and let your pet die."
    Hunter: "ive run this before and other healers kept my pet healed, stop making excuses for being bad"
    Me: "Excuse me?!"
    Hunter is ignoring you.

We finished the run (without wiping) but that left me with a serious case of the "WTFs"... and a headache.

Being told to kite Gluths adds with crippling poison.

Well, this was what had to be the funniest moment for me...

First time tanking BM - on normal, this was early on in BC.
    Well, being a nub, I'm riding around looking for what we need to do and start to collect mobs.
    I didn't notice at first how many I was getting, so when I did notice I told everyone to try and get out of the instance... I missed the exit twice, doing full laps and I'm pretty sure I got every single mob in the instance following me, or damn close.

So, pretty much everyone had left except me (too dumb to find the exit) and my buddy the healer, I'm telling him to get out, but he can't find it either, and I had finally figured it out, so I told him to follow me.

I ride by him with every mob in BM, and I am fine at this point... for some reason he throws me a heal (he wasn't in combat either, had been on his mount...)

I swivel my camera backwards thinking "Oh, shit, what were you thinking?"...

And I got to watch what looked like hundreds of mobs descend on him at once like a tidal wave of angry beasts... I started laughing so hard that I stopped moving, and then of course they were all on me.

Back in burning crusade i was going heroic shattered halls. its me (rogue), a mage a warlock a druid (healer) and a good geread pala tank. The Pala Tank then tell us his group motto. "Who needs CC when you can just blow it all to hell?" and tell us thats how the instance is gonna be and we are a little wtf but says okay if iy goes well and i went really well. We did timer and wiped not even once.

Another Wtf is during Illidan fight. We get him to 10% and enrages due to our tank not being able to get him into trap. He turns to as im second on agro and i dodge/parry his first couple of blow and then somehow hit evasion in time. I kite him into trap and we nuke his ass. Just after trap ends he one shots me and begins demon transformation during which we take him down. Got loads of Gz and good Job out of that little tanking Episode especially since it was our first kill. I also got a fine Tier 6 chest specially rewarded for exstrodinary good work.

Was also told to be off tank for Karazahn once (still on my rogue). I was in BT epics there so i was good geared but still pretty WTF. The entire reason for that promotion was a romeo, juliet fight where things had gone completely wrong and juliet Tank had died, so i stepped in and tanked Juliet from 50% to 0%.
    Heroes get remembered, but legends never die.

losing t7.5 gloves in a pug Sartharion to a hunter who had 4 pieces of mail spellpower gear and did 500dps

A 70 green rogue needed on a wand-drop once in some of the TBC-heroics before WotLK. He said he was going to use it, and even though the whole group told him that rogues doesn't use wands he held on to his statement and called us all noobs before leaving the group, claiming that he just had to learn the weapon skill for it when we told him to equip it in front of us.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Happened just the other day, i was healing H UK with a DK tank, DK dps, Spriest and DPS warrior. The DK and Spriest were doing great DPS with the warrior doing about 1k. The warrior was all cracked out on redbull or something and wouldn't stfu the entire instance, but he was really a nice guy. We down the first boss and DPS plate stuff drops and the DK tank rolls need against the warrior. So the other DK was like wow wtf, you needed against the warrior who obviously needs gear?

Then the two DKs start to go at it about who has better gear and then the DPS one switches to Tank gear and has 31k health buffed while the original DK only had like 27k health buffed. So now, i have no idea who is tanking, but i'm healing them both. So we get to the last boss and the DK that was originally DPSing, went back to DPS and we ended up downing the boss, more plate DPS stuff drops, the tank needs again, outrolling the poor warrior...

That started another huge argument....and i ended up leaving

But anyway, the tank was a dick...But the good news was there were no wipes...warrior died a couple times but he got cleaved or something and was being noobish. i had to ankh once because they didn't break me out of the iceblock.