Page 1 of 2
LastLast

you can see how bad i am in WOW as begin

human ,female. worlock ,right now only 6 lvl with four days play . has just complete quests in northshire abbey.but make pride lions home before 3 lvl. don't know where the power of void, have spent a whole afternoon searching around northshire vineyards for that fucking book .never noticed it beside tent only because it is too small. ;D .
    that is the first time experience i have .very stupid ehuh?

how about yours ?anything you want to say ?

Re: you can see how bad i am in WOW as begin

I think the translation was, "How bad were you at wow when you first began"?
    It's kinda hard to tell but I think I got what you said.

I leveled prot/fury on my warrior in Vanillacraft,
    Prot down to concussion blow and then I started heading for peircing howl in fury because when I read the tooltip I took "dazed" to mean stunned. So I guess I was hoping for some sort of stunlock build with a warrior XD

I have you both beat. I rolled a night elf hunter as my first toon. Played him for almost 19 levels before I smartened up.

My first experience was by a mage, everything went well with the leveling but one thing disturbed me a lot.
    I couldnt wear mail or leather, and neither a shield. The red text which came when i tried to wear mail confused me a lot.. "not required profiency"-thing or something. I spent a lot of time looking for mail/leather/shield trainers. Still havent found them :P

(Got the mage on a trial account in Oceanic realms although im in europe )

Well it seems the mods deleted the post I was going to reply to before I did. Good that they did. Idiots like that give idiots a bad name.

Anyway. I think everyone was bad the first time they logged in, Its a learning curve thing. :-)

Me, I started as a human warrior and I can honestly say I had no clue on what to do. I don't rememebr how I picked my name I don't remember much of anything other than I died alot. I got into a guild that had people who seemed to be more knowledgable than myself and they sort of gave me a guiding hand. I remeber our first guild run, It was DM. I was the tank...although I had no idea at the time. People kept telling me to go ahead and fight the mobs and they would heal me etc. I did as they said but had no clue in what I was doing lol. Looking back I can say I was quite the noob, but anyone who doesn't admit the same while playing their first MMO is lying. Not long after I went with some of my guildies and changed to the Horde side of things, I started a warlock and never looked back. I've since left the game and have come back again, this time starting fresh. But its certainly not like the first time...thank god for that. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakusai
    I'm not just an RPG/MMO fan. I'm a Warcraft fan.

My main is my Human Fire mage, also the first toon I made. First time I played, got the standard newbie zone invite to duel. I had maybe 4 spells at my hand then, Fireball, Ice Armour and Arcane Int with maybe something else, cant remember.

Anywho, get the duel invite, cast self buffs, accept. Then refreshed Ice Armour every time i was hit, thinking it had vanished for some reason >>

Needless to say, I ran out of mana, and lost the fight :
    If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Water is Life

Female humans have the worst animations in the game.

Head back before it's too late!

Deleted

I asked my boyfriend what would be an easy class to start out with and he claimed it was locks, I then proceeded to choose a race and looks for it and decided undeads look suitable for someone who commands demons and wields powerful magics to kill their enemies. Then it was time to choose name; Tiruvine.

The start was a bit of messy, took me a while to learn how to put spells to bar and all that. But really, I can't remember doing anything seriously newbieish except for dying like there was no tomorrow :P

Haha!

Reading some of these replies really brought me back to my early days in WoW.

WoW was my very first RPG, MMO or otherwise. I started out as a night elf rogue. I had done some reading about Stormwind, and I really, really wanted to go there but I hadn't a clue as to how to get there. After some exploration and talking to a few NPC's, I ended up on a boat to Menethil Harbour. I took a look at the world map, compared it to the one in my World of Warcraft atlas, and proceeded to SWIM -- swim! -- from Menethil Harbour to Stormwind City.

When the 'Stormwind City' text appeared on my screen, I tried in vain to climb over the mountain to get into the city. Somehow I ended up underwater and drowned myself, only to rez just outside Goldshire. I took a look around, saw an arrow marked 'Stormwind City' on my minimap, and strode proudly through her front gates.

That is one of my fondest, if most embarassing, WoW moments. A whole amalgamation of fail. Love it.

(edited for redundancy)
    Currently playing: [Dragon Age: Origins]

I think the biggest thing for me was quest locations and stats to stack.

had some experience with D&D games (baldurs gate etc..) but if you just read the tooltips and don't know the weighting and effects on talents a lot of the stats sound good (spirit health and mana for regen for example).

i deleted my first character because i thought you couldn't swap professions and i didn't want my mage to be a blacksmith

ha ha ,right now i find confidence through all yu rpls. keep going.

I can't remember doing anything too noobish except for that I got terribly annoyed about not being able to wear mail armour as low lvl hunter and about groups that didn't want me as a tank even though I soo wanted to tank. Not that I knew what exactly a tank was but it sounded badass. ;D

Oh.. I rerolled warrior after playing that hunter to like lvl 18 or so, specced him prot as my mate told me that was the best spec for warriors and wiped on every quest atleast a couple of times, til I bothered actually reading into the talenttrees myself and finding that Fury looked way better than prot. ^^

well, I'd play guild wars for ages before moving to wow, so i kinda knew what was happening most of the time...except for talents.
    on my first toon, i didn't spend any talent points till lvl 18, cause i thought it was like diablo - that you could never unlearn your talent spec.

then i rerolled on a RL friend's server, and got heaps of help / gold ;D

i deleted about 4-5 toons casue "a character with that name already exists"
    i had no idea how to use seals lol
    i was like a ret holy hybrid i dont even remember
    i spent half my time afk in if
    i think i grinded a lot
    first epic i won was in mc as was dps plate gloves and i was like omg purplessssssssssss /roll and yea fun stuff

Fun thread, brings back some memories. So first time post incoming :P

First char was a troll shaman, leveled him as enhance wearing 1h + shield and spirit gear cause regen sounded good.
    What's wrong with less need for drinking and eating I thought

When i started my first char outside stormwind I heard that you only could learn to use bow in dalaran so I ran from SW to Menethil harbor (and died quite alot) and took the boat to dalaran. When I finaly got there I got an error msg informing me that paladins can't use bows. xD

Needless to say I laughed my ass of until my brother finally realised that he knew that all along just didn't come to think of it until I got there..

/slap brother silly

I rerolled hunter just because I wanted that freaking bow

Edit: rerolled rogue later on since I hated when they killed me and then moved on to warlock since I thought they seemed like a fun and awsome class

WAs actually ahving a blast and things went well... moderately well...died a few times etc... THen I got a quest to go to Ironnforge along with my mate... WE wondered how the hell we were supposed to get there... Looking at the map one way was more or less thru redridge thru Shitloads of dragons. (Dragons were scary at lvl 13-15)

So we opted to swim from "That autumn place"(can't ever remember that name) to menethil harbor... 2 and a half hours later we set foot in Ironforge. Awesome! Wohoo! Hey wth is this whirly thing? A subway ... to where...dum dum dum... Hey wth this place looks familiar? Stormwind.. O.o -.-' /cry

My first mmorpg was wow, i started as a male human rogue.. or at least i thought so.

I was quite drunk when i first installed the game, i logged in, picked the server my rl friends are in, created a character give him the name... Well.. you can not blame a drunk to understand "heroic strike" does not sound rogue-ish. Anyway i liked the enviroment, killed some wolves, gained xp little by little... Then i realised, the trainer i was sent was not rogue-ish either.. and come on "charge"?... i let my friends to have fun teasing this, (which lead them to a wipe in zul'gurub hehe) then deleted it and opened my rogue of awesomeness.
    I participated in the legendary BACON thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    That wouldn't work, Orc's and Human's have a different number of chromosomes.
    WoW: The only fictional world where chromosomes matter.

started my druid which i still play... didnt rly have an understanding for talents... didnt know how 2 tank, dps or heal... yet i made it 2 60, still quite a noob, it was first when i changed server and got a good guild that i found out how 2 play, now im PRO, still play the same druid, and has been balance ever since 41, still healing in the tight situations, and kicking ass when i dont have 2 heal.