Thread: Arena Combat

Arena Combat

I would like to start a thread to discuss going "out of combat" in arena. Need i say more? The concept of being out of combat while in some sort of 2v2 mortal combat is laughable. Any particular reason everyone isnt combat locked in arena? Do we really need to resort to run and hide, esc spam and eat/drink?
    More pew pew less QQ

Re: Arena Combat

Why should a healer for example not drink if the other team can´t keep him in combat ?

actually in a 2v2 if you play a lock or one of the other unfortunate "I got hammered by the nerf bat" classes and you run into a ret pally/dk just run away and heal for a few hours if you can. Make them actually earn a win hehe.

But in all seriousness LoS breaking combat to eat/drink is part of the way combat is. In rl would you send in 5k troops against 50k troops head on? No youd run like you know what and hope to survive to come back and pound them later on.

If you're not in combat, you're...not in combat. Doesn't matter where you are.

It would be pretty unfair for mana classes to not be able to drink, considering melee (who run arena anyway) have infinite resources to keep fighting. Don't argue that ret pallys and enh shaman use mana; they can still auto attack and be more useful than a caster who is OOM. Besides, if you let any caster get out of combat long enough to drink, thats your own fault. NE druids are the only ones that I can see getting away to drink easily, but be smart and keep a dot or bleed on them so you can see them.

I think OP might be on to something ... healers are pretty overpowered in 2v2 right now right?

Seriously I play a healer and dispise the need to drink in arenas. I feel it cheapens any skill or effort at mana management and turns mana management from understanding your class and spell selection to glorified hide and seek. Remove drain mechanics, and remove drinking and I think arenas would be a much better place. Even if they just nerfed viper sting I could see giving up drinking in arenas .. give that bastard a cast time, a short cooldown (the duration of the current drain), and put the drain up front so we stand a chance of regening enough to cast something between drains.

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherVil
    Why should a healer for example not drink if the other team can´t keep him in combat ?
    I think the question u should ask is why should a healer need to drink in arena period? or any other mana user for that matter. I dont think people should be rewarded for coward tactics. Seeing as arena is escentially a death match.
    More pew pew less QQ

You're a warlock. the lock 2s of choice (Lock/Druid) has long been recognized for its "coward tactics" pillar humping and what not. If you can drink/eat, then do it. If you have to play defensively ("cowardly") then do it. A win is a win in my book. Stop being retarded.