When melee and hunters out number you

I am in a laid back raiding guild made up of mostly family and friends. We're slowly but surely working our way through progression. After last Saturday, the guild hunter class lead put something on our forums questioning curses as at the time, we had 2 warlocks in the raid, both using CoA. Now I was pretty stoked that I had hit second on damage for Patchwerk behind our hunter cl (nobody ever seems to beat him), and pulled around 4100 dps. Unfortunately, the curse in particular that he asked about was Curse of Recklessness.

Our general raid make up is as follows:
    MT: Warrior
    OT: Prot Paladin
    OT/Raid Savior: Feral Druid
    Healers: 2 x Holy Paladin, 2 x Holy Priest, Resto Shaman, Resto Druid
    DPS: 2 x Rogue, Fury Warrior, Unholy Death Knight, Enhancement Shaman, Shadow Priest, Elemental Shaman, 2-4 x Mage, Warlock, 3-5 x Hunter.

Seeing that it's quite apparent that melee and hunters outnumber me, and we have an Unholy Death Knight (so no need for CoE), I'm trying to convince myself if giving up 9% of my damage (using CoA) is worth boosting half of the raid's dps. I'm guessing it is, but I need some reassurance. And the likelihood of having more warlocks in the raid are really low, so it will be my own dps that I will be sacrificing.
    Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Re: When melee and hunters out number you

Quote Originally Posted by Risu
    I am in a laid back raiding guild made up of mostly family and friends. We're slowly but surely working our way through progression. After last Saturday, the guild hunter class lead put something on our forums questioning curses as at the time, we had 2 warlocks in the raid, both using CoA. Now I was pretty stoked that I had hit second on damage for Patchwerk behind our hunter cl (nobody ever seems to beat him), and pulled around 4100 dps. Unfortunately, the curse in particular that he asked about was Curse of Recklessness.

Our general raid make up is as follows:
    MT: Warrior
    OT: Prot Paladin
    OT/Raid Savior: Feral Druid
    Healers: 2 x Holy Paladin, 2 x Holy Priest, Resto Shaman, Resto Druid
    DPS: 2 x Rogue, Fury Warrior, Unholy Death Knight, Enhancement Shaman, Shadow Priest, Elemental Shaman, 2-4 x Mage, Warlock, 3-5 x Hunter.

Seeing that it's quite apparent that melee and hunters outnumber me, and we have an Unholy Death Knight (so no need for CoE), I'm trying to convince myself if giving up 9% of my damage (using CoA) is worth boosting half of the raid's dps. I'm guessing it is, but I need some reassurance. And the likelihood of having more warlocks in the raid are really low, so it will be my own dps that I will be sacrificing.
    Your MT should be sundering anyway. Slap that huntard.

Quote Originally Posted by Offsprngr
    Your MT should be sundering anyway. Slap that huntard.
    it stacks, slap yourself...

doesn't stack with faerie fire though, so still no need for it
    The man they call Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Trolltrolltroll
    Telling people why you kicked them is the only way for them to know how not to do it in the next group they're in.

Seriously, imagine you're 5 years old, playing with Legos in your room, and dad comes in and slaps you around a little bit and tells you that you're grounded. What do you learn from the experience? Just that dad is an asshole.

Don't be an asshole, dad.

Faerie Fire... from the feral druid? (we don't have a boomkin)
    Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Yeah, the hunter has outdated info, it was a "must" before, very good support. But now doesn't stack with faerie fire anymore (since the patch which made all buffs raid wide and so on)

That is excellent news... I never raid without my feral druid.

Deleted

Both Faerie Fire and Feral Faerie Fire have the same effect as Curse of Recklessness.

I don't think it's too much to ask to get your feral to sacrifice one GCD every 40 seconds.

It doesn't even cost him any energy/rage and, unlike CoR, it doesn't buff the boss with additional AP.

Yeah, have the feral druid FFF the mob. It is the same armor reduction minus the AP gain. The lack of an AP gain is fairly minimal...but it is still a little extra that the boss doesn't need to get. His will only last for 40 seconds while yours would last for 2 minutes, but 9% of your DPS lost would probably be far greater than what the feral might lose using 1 GCD every 40 seconds while cat...and what little threat he will lose subbing it in every 40 seconds as bear.

Our feral druid is my husband. I think he'll work with me