Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I don't want to reroll

Does anyone else feel that warlocks have been tossed to side in this expansion? I rerolled to a lock because i loved the play-style of destruction in PVE and was always envious of warlocks in PVP - they used dots and could completely ignore pillars because their damage was constant. I was decent in PVP as a hunter (~2k in 2V2) but i wanted a change but something that was still ranged DPS.
    Now i feel like i may have made a mistake. In PVE i am routinely beaten my mages and warriors on boss fights (i did about 5k on the last patchwerk). I look at the patch notes and the only thing i see of note is that warlocks get a summoning stone... yay ??? . I look at the PVP side and demon armor gets an armor increase....awesome... so now i have to give up about 300 SP for an increase in armor...fantastic. Is it just me or do other warlocks feel mistreated? Am i missing something? Are amazing changes coming in the future?

Re: I don't want to reroll

So, you rolled a FOTM lock when they were OP and now they're not so you're complaining? Or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by lolapus
    So, you rolled a FOTM lock when they were OP and now they're not so you're complaining? Or am I missing something?
    Thats not what i'm saying at all but thanks for rushing to that decision. All i'm saying is that warlocks are not up to par with a lot of other classes out there. The minute you step outside the door you're playing survival instead of the rogues, DKs, or pallies who are screaming attack. Warlocks have been nerfed pretty hard, all i'm saying is that we need to be given a fighting a chance.

I'll swap.

I am not sure why I even reply to these anymore, but what is wrong with people? Warlocks are so utterly amazing at PvE right now and put out disgusting numbers on the meters. If you can't figure out how to do that go play lemmings. As far as PvP is concerned...so what? We don't pwn every single class anymore, only all of them except rogues/pally's and DK's. That is a problem with THOSE classes being a bit too rough, not a problem with warlocks. Stop the crying and l2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Hntrx
    Does anyone else feel that warlocks have been tossed to side in this expansion? I rerolled to a lock because i loved the play-style of destruction in PVE and was always envious of warlocks in PVP - they used dots and could completely ignore pillars because their damage was constant. I was decent in PVP as a hunter (~2k in 2V2) but i wanted a change but something that was still ranged DPS.
    Now i feel like i may have made a mistake. In PVE i am routinely beaten my mages and warriors on boss fights (i did about 5k on the last patchwerk). I look at the patch notes and the only thing i see of note is that warlocks get a summoning stone... yay ??? . I look at the PVP side and demon armor gets an armor increase....awesome... so now i have to give up about 300 SP for an increase in armor...fantastic. Is it just me or do other warlocks feel mistreated? Am i missing something? Are amazing changes coming in the future?
    Thats not what i'm saying at all but thanks for rushing to that decision.
    It was rhetorical. You rolled a FOTM lock when they were OP, and now they're not so you're complaining.

You're welcome, scrubcakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Il1dan
    Sorry bro but it is mmo-champion the #1 QQ web site on the net

Thats not what i'm saying at all but thanks for rushing to that decision. All i'm saying is that warlocks are not up to par with a lot of other classes out there. The minute you step outside the door you're playing survival instead of the rogues, DKs, or pallies who are screaming attack. Warlocks have been nerfed pretty hard, all i'm saying is that we need to be given a fighting a chance.
    To a certain extent warlocks have always been playing survival. SL/SL, the king of PvP specs was all about survival. The difference is that currently survival is not really a viable PvP tactic with the ridiculous amounts of burst damage out there. I'm a pretty bad PvPer, as you can tell from my arena ratings, but I don't blame that on my class, just my lack of PvP skill.

Warlocks are definitely underrepresented at the top of the arena ladders, but there are still locks up there. I'm not saying locks are fine in their current state, because they're just not, but it's not like we're ridiculously underpowered and broken.

And as far as PvE goes, locks still beat any caster out there. It's just not as simple as "SPAM SHADOWBOLTS HURR DURR" anymore.

Arenas suck... next

turkeyspit

Likely this, but ill add to it.

It might be helpful to the OP to stop playing the class through the eyes of others.

Do you like tossing out DoTs, Fears and Curses? Do you like draining souls and summoning Demons? Do you enjoy pissing off mages by outrolling them on gear?

If you don't, and the only reason you rolled a Lock was because it was OP, then you're a tool.

If you do like the class, what does it matter? So long as you are doing the -best- that is possible for your class, that's all that counts in the end.

I've played a Ret Paladin for a long time now, and Raided all of TBC through T6 with him before the Lolpatch.

Back then, I was called a Lolret because my damage was crap. I was told to reroll and Heal. I didn't, because I loved the mechanics (even then) of a Paladin

Now I'm called Lolret because my damage is OP, and am told I need to be nerfed, eventhough I struggle to keep up with other DPS and Hybrid-DPS classes in the raid, despite my having a gear advantage. I'm told to reroll a 'real' class, but I won't, because I love the mechanics of a Paladin.

If it mattered to me what other people said about me or my class, I would have quit long ago.

Find out what Warlocks are capable of (given the right group comp, etc) and strive for that. So what if the Shadow Priest is blowing you off the charts in PvE? Does it matter if the Rogue eats you for breakfast in PvP, or if you get wtfpwnt by a Ghoul?

If you can't have fun playing your class/spec, then find another one. If you enjoy your class, play it the best that you are capable of, and ignore everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Pittgilman
    I am not sure why I even reply to these anymore, but what is wrong with people? Warlocks are so utterly amazing at PvE right now and put out disgusting numbers on the meters. If you can't figure out how to do that go play lemmings. As far as PvP is concerned...so what? We don't pwn every single class anymore, only all of them except rogues/pally's and DK's. That is a problem with THOSE classes being a bit too rough, not a problem with warlocks. Stop the crying and l2p.
    If your affliction this maybe be true..however a lesser geared dk can put out more damage overall than a lock...and I am good...hunters they can out do a lock...but other spell casters i have to agree we out do them.

Yeah I love the dks who can dps astronomically, then switch gear / presence and be a viable tank >.>. Makes me feel like a lackluster class.

Quote Originally Posted by Tombfyre
    Yeah I love the dks who can dps astronomically, then switch gear / presence and be a viable tank >.>. Makes me feel like a lackluster class.
    Lol..I dont feel lack luster...but I do agree with the point.

Its not that locks cant do dmg in pve...we can but with lots of "but's"......we do great boss dmg but has to be a long bossfight for affliction to hit its stride. We can do great aoe dmg w' seed or RoF but its still requires another aoe to detonate. We can do really well when perfect rotation and pet management are done but.... We can debuff but...most other classes do it w/o a tradeoff.

Most other classes can do the same with far less effort and/or gear.

Am I changing mains...hell no. Did I dust off my 70 rogue (refer a friend quirk), swap her to daggers and spend the next hours blurting out omfg's over vent and in gchatt? Ayup....

Will I gank a guildy if I catch them in a bg when she's 80.....maaaaayyybe.

User has been banned permanently for trolling.

Yes there are a few classes that on occasion may beat me, but even before I was totally geared I was and still am consistently number 1 on the majority of the boss fights. I also like knowing that when I get beat it's because I screwed up my rotation. When I am spot on and don't clip anything, you're going to have a really tough time beating me and the same goes for any other lock out there that knows what they are doing. I have never had a DK beat me on a boss fight. Trash is trivial...it's trash.

15+ Year Old Account

I don't want to reroll
    Don't. If your fun is based on how powerful your class is in comparisson to all others, on every field of battle, I suggest checking your Email Spam folder. They have ways to increase the "power" of your "class".

Warlocks have always had ups and downs.
    Implementation of Fear = UP.
    Every subsequent nerf to it = DOWN.
    Debuffs raised to 16 (from 8) = UP.
    Mages rolling ignites = DOWN.
    Massive utility and high dps in BC = UP.
    SL/SL and Shadowbolt spam = DOWN.

I'm sorry you feel my last item was an UP for the warlock class. It wasn't. It was boring, broken, and every decent warlock will tell you it was. It was unfair to other classes; it was unfair to warlocks. Being pigeonholed into PVE SPEC and PVP SPEC, NO ALTERNATIVES is not an UP for the warlock class no matter how many mages or shamans or boomkins were dropped for Sunwell ISB raids.

Our time will come again, and the changes to Demonic Circle is just a taste.

R.I.P. YARG

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by turkeyspit
    Likely this, but ill add to it.

snip-snap

If you can't have fun playing your class/spec, then find another one. If you enjoy your class, play it the best that you are capable of, and ignore everyone else.
    Spot on. The same reason I've played and stuck with my lock since I started playing wow.

I have a 75 lock alt atm....it's an alt, but honestly, that is my fav class to play, merely because they have an aresenal of awesome abilities. Broken? Somethings, yes, i agree. But the fact that I can out DPS on any boss anyone my level -geared better even- always makes me smile. ......or wipe the group because i pulled aggro off the tank to prove a point...w/e
    Mûrder the Hallowed
    Underworld Assassins
    Level 80 Undead Warrior

Deleted

Thats not what i'm saying at all but thanks for rushing to that decision. All i'm saying is that warlocks are not up to par with a lot of other classes out there.
    Really? I find that warlocks are in pretty good shape. They are ranged DPSers so they don't have to worry about melee hits taken from the boss, they (atleast whenever I have seen warlocks around) can do helluva lot of damage, even in short amount of time, and they certainly can do competitive damage in raids compared to any other DPS.

QFT. Everyone rolled a lock in BC because they were they were Blizz's favorite class throughout all expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shocktopuss
    QFT. Everyone rolled a lock in BC because they were they were Blizz's favorite class throughout all expansion.
    Even if, not favorite class, favorite spec, 21/40. Affli warlocks took a lot of shit cause of that in pve.