Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21

    Re: Replenishment - are we happy with it?

    I love it, but I do think it is too required... I guess some things never change. It really pains me to see that the raid can't function to its full potential when I'm absent, but I usually attend our progress nights so it hasn't proved to be much of a problem yet.(Currently I am the only SPriest in the guild and we have no Retadins/Survi Hunters)

    I personally have never had any problems with mana, but that might be because I am a huge fan of crit and I prefer it over haste(I don't avoid haste, I just don't like it as much). I also have quite a large chunk of spirit on my gear, which I haven't stacked at all and I still somehow find myself at 643 unbuffed.

    I'm finding that my Shadow Fiend is usually used for the damage it brings, rather than the mana :P

  2. #22

    Re: Replenishment - are we happy with it?

    Many people are saying it is too required. But think about it...how many times do you run a 25 man without at least 1 shadow priest or 1 ret paladin(I don't include survival hunters because - at least until the next patch - there aren't really any)? And now I go holy for 25 mans then respec to shadow for our 10 mans - with replenishment in the raid we can go with 6.5 DPS(2 heals, 1 MT, and 1 OT/DPS) and clear shit really fast. Before I went shadow we had to run with 3 healers though - if you try to do Sapphiron/KT/Malygos with only 2 healers and no replenishment GL with that.

    So really...it's not too much to ask to require replenishment. If you don't have it, just invite another healer and go a tad slower without that dpser.

  3. #23

    Re: Replenishment - are we happy with it?

    Nice. Didn't struggle with mana when we were starting, don't now. Handy when you're playing with undergeared folk and you're pushed that bit harder.

  4. #24

    Re: Replenishment - are we happy with it?

    Top end gear is packed with spirit, you will stop having mana problems when you accept the fact that spriests should value spirit highly. Imp Spirit Tap helps a lot, and scales nicely with crit rating.

    Like I recently got myself the boots from Malygos 25man, rolled agains a healing priest, but he was cool about it, packed with stats, don't ignore int and spirit for all of you still wearing non-stat cloaks ;-)

    About Vampiric Touch: 1000% NOT vampiric in any way... I wish Blizzard would make shadow priests mana regen a bit more stable, ATM regardless of what I just said, it's still very RNG = having to rely on the damn shadowfiend to live, for MBs to crit regulary etc. A bit of a leech scaling with dps would be nice, not much, just to let us have the vampiric fealing again. (Edit: ofc just for the shadow priest himself, this would be easy to balance, blizz did the same thing with VE, right?)

  5. #25

    Re: Replenishment - are we happy with it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    I'm starting to get innervates from our resto druids the boomkin uses it on himself.
    Again I have no idea how you go oom... i'm capable of doing 4.6K dps, have 17% haste (raid buffed) and find it impossible to go oom in any of the content we've cleared... that includes Sartharion with 3 drakes up (25man)...

    I have no problems with replenishment... however there was a good point made about whether it's so necessary we rely on it too much? As far as I can see that isn't the case atm, most people are clearing encounters well before enrage timers so if we had 0 replenishment you could manage your mana in a more effecient manner.... as content is released I think you might have a point because enrage timers and the like won't be as kind as they are now.

  6. #26

    Re: Replenishment - are we happy with it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    I don't like Replenishment. The buff is too required; you will both notice it and feel the pain when the buff is not present.
    You feel the same way if you're without Windfury for whatever reason, or JoW, or ImpScorch. They all hurt when they're missing. With two classes (three, now that Survival isn't complete shit) possibly having Replenishment, it really shouldn't be much of a problem. Might be, but shouldn't be.

  7. #27

    Re: Replenishment - are we happy with it?

    Quote Originally Posted by lsfreak
    You feel the same way if you're without Windfury for whatever reason, or JoW, or ImpScorch. They all hurt when they're missing. With two classes (three, now that Survival isn't complete shit) possibly having Replenishment, it really shouldn't be much of a problem. Might be, but shouldn't be.
    In 25 raids, it's always there.
    In 10 raids, it's mostly there, unless you're running a PuG. Healed a Sartharion 10man Pug yesterday without Replenishment. That was very painful.
    In heroics, replenishment is very rare.

    Windfury, ImpScorch and JoW is just equalling more DPS. Without them, the fight lasts longer, but it will end.
    Without replenishment, the fight is usually over when your healers are OOM. And not in a good way.
    Non-discipline since 2006. Also: fails. "Chakra, when the walls fell"

  8. #28

    Re: Replenishment - are we happy with it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Twilight Zone and Kel'thuzad.

    You clearly don't try hard enough, or only do steamroll fights and never get Mana Bomb on KT if you claim you don't go oom.

    And I use Dispersion on ever Malygos kill, it's "why not", since you're allready in the vortex. And I can easily burn 36% mana before first Vortex.

    Mind you, I don't run with 2xT7, and I actually got haste on my gear
    I got 3 mana bombs on KT the other night, but I used mana pot / dispersion to refill myself. What I am wondering, are you gemming for haste or is it just haste you get from gear? Atm. haste seems so useless and if I go for haste instead of SP/crit I experience awful dps losses due to insane amount of lag.

    On topic: I love Replenishment. I had issues back at the start when I had 14k mana. Now I'm at 20K raid buffed (as shadow), I have never experienced any mana problems. I also rarely disperse, mainly on Malygos in Vortex phase, on Thaddius when we're done with Stalagg and Feugen and Sarth 3D.

  9. #29

    Re: Replenishment - are we happy with it?

    I am very happy with replenishment, makes it all so much easier. Back when I was shadow in tbc I loved seeing those manabars from the healers go up and I just knew I was doing my job well. ;D

    But replenishment needs a nerf, and it propably will get nerfed, it's just to godly for manausers. I honestly struggle without it...

  10. #30

    Re: Replenishment - are we happy with it?

    Replenishment has been interesting to watch in action. It's certainly changed (to some extent) the way casters gear for Mp5. Mana's not much of an issue now, and I wonder how much of an issue it will be with gear with higher Int values in T8/9. I can't see them dramatically changing the mechanics, but the percentage return might have to be reduced slightly when T9 releases.

    Of course, it's all moot if the encounters aren't dramatically more difficult >.>

  11. #31

    Re: Replenishment - are we happy with it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalakukko
    I love it, but I do think it is too required... I guess some things never change. It really pains me to see that the raid can't function to its full potential when I'm absent, but I usually attend our progress nights so it hasn't proved to be much of a problem yet.(Currently I am the only SPriest in the guild and we have no Retadins/Survi Hunters)

    I personally have never had any problems with mana, but that might be because I am a huge fan of crit and I prefer it over haste(I don't avoid haste, I just don't like it as much). I also have quite a large chunk of spirit on my gear, which I haven't stacked at all and I still somehow find myself at 643 unbuffed.

    I'm finding that my Shadow Fiend is usually used for the damage it brings, rather than the mana :P

    Having just 1 sp and no ret's or surv huntards, isent that a bit of youre own fault,
    I mean when theres decursing to be done and u have no decurses u also have a problem,
    Its a matter of balancing youre raid to give the group the best utility,



    And personally i think replentishment is ok,

    BUt hey what can i say Holy Paladin, dinvine plea (mana huh wot?), i dont go oom spamming holy light for a looooonngg time, for example 4hm on 25 man, mana huh ? o that blue bar that keeps on filling once i pop divine plea

  12. #32
    High Overlord Chopard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Pepinoland
    Posts
    180

    Re: Replenishment - are we happy with it?

    I think Replenishment was a good change.

    First of all because it makes Int so much desirable (talking from a Disc Priest pow). I already hit 1k of spirit, so now I only stack Int. Having a big mana pool makes healing so much easier. Running heroics with ret pallys or sp's makes me not having to stop for drinking.

    And the other reason I love Replenishment is becuase its a buff that ticks even after killing the mob. In the TBC having the mob slain meant no more mana with vampiric.

    I love replenishment.

  13. #33

    Re: Replenishment - are we happy with it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chopard
    I think Replenishment was a good change.

    (talking from a Disc Priest pow). I already hit 1k of spirit, so now I only stack Int.
    If you have 1k spirit you're doing as Discipline, you're doing something wrong. First, drop that for 1k int. Then more spellpower. Follow through with a tiny bit of mp5 or spirit after that; but seriously? 1k?

    Go back to playing Holy.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  14. #34
    High Overlord Chopard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Pepinoland
    Posts
    180

    Re: Replenishment - are we happy with it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    If you have 1k spirit you're doing as Discipline, you're doing something wrong. First, drop that for 1k int. Then more spellpower. Follow through with a tiny bit of mp5 or spirit after that; but seriously? 1k?

    Go back to playing Holy.
    I have 980 spirit and 1050 int, and it works for me. And no, i'm not playing holy, never did, never will.

  15. #35

    Re: Replenishment - are we happy with it?

    Yes and no.

    Yes...I like the mana regen.

    No...I do not like my mana regen being dependent on another class being in my run. Blizzard says bring the player...not the class. In an ideal world, I'd have a ret pally, spriest or survival hunter in the raid...but that's not always the case.

  16. #36

    Re: Replenishment - are we happy with it?

    Spirit = less important than Crit for Disc.

    Holy benefits by far the most from Spirit. It boosts spell power and regen, whereas as Disc only gets the regen benefit (something Disc doesn't need). Crit and Int are far more important (under SP of course).

    Half the reason I'm pissed off with the class now is that I'm stuck with a heavy Holy set of gear and want to spec Disc...


  17. #37

    Re: Replenishment - are we happy with it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Neeklus
    Spirit = less important than Crit for Disc.

    Holy benefits by far the most from Spirit. It boosts spell power and regen, whereas as Disc only gets the regen benefit (something Disc doesn't need). Crit and Int are far more important (under SP of course).

    Half the reason I'm pissed off with the class now is that I'm stuck with a heavy Holy set of gear and want to spec Disc...

    Regem for Int?

  18. #38

    Re: Replenishment - are we happy with it?

    Why would you play Disc in PVE? It's inferior in every way.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

  19. #39

    Re: Replenishment - are we happy with it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mstone2005
    Regem for Int?
    Most my gear is Spirit based over Int and Crit. It isn't the gem's/enchants per say.


  20. #40
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,275

    Re: Replenishment - are we happy with it?

    Quote Originally Posted by stupid11
    Why would you play Disc in PVE? It's inferior in every way.
    Fun?

    It's a lost concept.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •