Page 1 of 3
LastLast

are we ever going oom ?

im a holy paladin. and i allmost NEVER go oom. and atm i cant see the fun in healing.

what do you guys out there find fun about healing ? to me it seems like the Sad job, and i will respecc retri/prot soon.
    you dont even have to watch your mana anymore, you can just spam whatever you like and its BOring.

Re: are we ever going oom ?

It's like playing God.

80 Warlock
    80 Druid
    80 Death Knight
    70 Shaman
    70 Warrior
    70 Mage

Why don't you just spend more mana then, spam holy light. You will eventually go oom, you can't sustain spamming holy light non stop. In arena (5v5) you can run out of mana quite quickly.

Try not getting as many healers in a raid as well, when i started we 3 man healed naxx and that was boring, when we 2 manned it felt much more better, and actually fun.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Grandal
    im a holy paladin. and i allmost NEVER go oom. and atm i cant see the fun in healing.

what do you guys out there find fun about healing ? to me it seems like the Sad job, and i will respecc retri/prot soon.
    you dont even have to watch your mana anymore, you can just spam whatever you like and its BOring.
    Whenever I've been doing timed Stratholme runs the only healers who have gone OOM were shamans. I've had both druids and paladins and priests there with me, no one had to drink. So it's not only paladins.

i wish retadins never went oom... godly

15+ Year Old Account

Hehe in raids no pally can go oom! Not gonna happend

It's seriously quite easy to go OOM "if" you stack DPS and few healers and thereby need to spam Holy Light.

I suspect your raiding 10 man content? with 3 healers? As suggested try it with 2 and you'll soon start to struggle somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie
    Whenever I've been doing timed Stratholme runs the only healers who have gone OOM were shamans. I've had both druids and paladins and priests there with me, no one had to drink. So it's not only paladins.
    playing a resto shaman i have to say it might be the gear ur shamans are bringing to the table. i hardly ever have to drink, least of all in strat as the ghouls activate water shield every now and then wich gives back massive mana.
    Quote Originally Posted by nium
    [size=10pt] Devs: Our nerfs will block the sun.
    Druids: Then we shall tank in the shade! ...[/size]

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff
    It's seriously quite easy to go OOM "if" you stack DPS and few healers and thereby need to spam Holy Light.

I suspect your raiding 10 man content? with 3 healers? As suggested try it with 2 and you'll soon start to struggle somewhat.
    i have raided all content atm.. i find 25 man more boring than 10 man ! and i have 2 man healed 10 man alot of times.. its not even hard

good holy pallys can easily get top 3 on the meter, as long as you know when to holy light and when to flash

also consider that a lot of tank healing can go through sacred shield, which isn't counted towards meters, where as other healers barely use any absorb mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by Xs
    good holy pallys can easily get top 3 on the meter, as long as you know when to holy light and when to flash

also consider that a lot of tank healing can go through sacred shield, which isn't counted towards meters, where as other healers barely use any absorb mechanics
    we have a Holypaladin who Tops Healing meter 60-70% of the Raid time.

Dont ask me how she does it... but ofc she is problerly the best holydin on our Server
    True wisdom is to look beyond your own opinion.

beacon of light - massive amounts of mana regain.. fast reaction.. it is possible

Lets not get to used to this whole not going oom thing, honestly its been said before. Naxx is like the new Kara. If Guilds that werent just recently formed are still trying to progress through 10/25 man naxx. I'd say they should just /gquit now. :

Soon Holy Pallies won't have as much to worry about when fighting for the top on healing meters, because the next patch will be nerfing Priest's CoH and Druid's WG. Shamans are supposed to be the aoe healing class, and they also will being catching up in the race also. If shamans/pallies are at the top of healing meters while your doing trash mobs/aoe fight..... either they rock, or your Priests/Druids suck. (coming from a druid himself)

Quote Originally Posted by OhMyGoodness
    Let me tell you that you may have the best holydin in the server, but you got horrible Priests and Druids.
    Thats the way a pala can top meters 70% of the time.
    And don't come up with the fast reaction thing, nothing do with that if you have other classes with instant aoe healings.
    Agreed, if a Holy Pally is coming out tops in "effective" healing 60-70% of the time, then it's time to start asking questions. If it's just raw healing....it means nothing, except she's a meter maid.

10 ppl content is anyway easy and with 3 good healers it may seem trivial from mana point of view. If you go with 2 healers is really hard, as there are fights where luck can decide a wipe just because let's say you had to run both consecutively to drop the infection at Grobbulus.(happend to me and the other healer and was not nice)

The damage taken by the raid is trivialized by priest coh and that makes paladin don't have to use too much holy light. Being necesary to spam holy light will get you oom in no time, even if you use all mechanics possible for mana regen.
    Why don't you try to go wih 2 druid healers, or only one? You will see it a bit different

Leveling as a holy paladin was not that bad as I never run oom. Never stopped to drink. But this at the price of some damage. For this I had to use seal of wisdom+judgement of wisdom. Using this combination I could spam consecration all day long, holy shock, healing myself and last in fights with elites and never had to drink for it. The more mobs you get on you the more mana regen you get. Only thing I worried about was not agroing too many mobs, so that I can't keep myself up.

I tend to go OOM on Patchwerk/25, mostly because of error margin and the latency that all popular servers have during evenings nowadays.
    I chain HL on my HS-offtank and need to LoH myself and use a mana potion. We run with 5 healers - two on each HS-tank and Beacon+singlehealer on the MT.

I don't have a holy pally myself but I played one in Naxx a few nights for the guild and I found it very fun. Not sure why people are always complining about the fun of the game. You're a healer, you push buttons and heal people. Playing the paladin was not a whole lot different then playing my priest really. We 2 healed a lot of it so it was a challenge. Mana was not an issue at all on most fights but I guess I am used to that as I never had mana issues in BC on my priest in raids.

What is fun for one person is not fun for another I guess. Do we need 800 spells to heal with to make it fun? I can say that healing with a holy pally has came a long ways and it is definitely more then a flash of light spam now. The changes were great.

I OOMd on 10 man Malygoes with 2 healers, I OOMd on 10 man sath with 2 healers. I was on off and MT for both fights.
    Other times ofc include stuff like people not dodging this or that, such as standing in cleaves or circles.

I OOM all the time in 5v5 arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Princi
    Agreed, if a Holy Pally is coming out tops in "effective" healing 60-70% of the time, then it's time to start asking questions. If it's just raw healing....it means nothing, except she's a meter maid.

i love how someone who happens to do an exceptionally good job at healing is instantly accused of being obsessed with meters and "poaching" heals. probably what is going on when a paladin is rocking the healing meters by an absurd % is they're judging light. that being said though i honestly can't think of many current fights where me and our other 2 paladins didn't finish top. like everyone is pointing out we never run out of mana, our HLs heal 5 ppl for roughly 1k every cast, and since we have beacon up throw another extra 10k heal in there. granted 25k healing per gcd is not going to happen a lot but it should be fairly easy to see how we can and honestly SHOULD be topping meters (in case you are looking so your epeen feels big). and say what you want about the healers i run with but these are the priests, shammys, and droods who totally pwned me and the other 2 pallies in BT and SW. don't tell me they forgot how to play. lmao if you're not topping meters 1) your gear sucks 2) you suck or 3) you have asian healers in your guild

Quote Originally Posted by Claer
    It's like playing God.
    Except you're not playing.