What item should I replace?

I've poured over the Elitist Jerks value of 4/T7 thread and I've played a lot with the Leulier's spreadsheet, plugging in my gear and spec, and looking at the top upgrades. But I just can't make up my mind on what items to downgrade. This is my armory:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...7Thuzad&n=Risu

I figure the pants are a no-brainer as the first item to replace, but between the chest, shoulders, and gloves, which item should I "downgrade" to a piece of T7.5? I was holding out on the head piece to get the Hood of Rationality should our guild ever get that far.

My dilema: the EJ forum thread said the chest and gloves were the optimal selection for the 2 pc. set bonus, but according to the spreadsheet, both items are a downgrade.
    Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Re: What item should I replace?

Use the spreadsheet to find out which combination of items is the lowest downgrade.

15+ Year Old Account

This is why dkp is bad. You're effectively min/maxing your gear so that you only bid on stuff that provides a maximum benefit. What about stuff that doesn't?

Probably disenchanted or forced on you.

And if its the latter, all of the work you just did was for naught.

R.I.P. YARG

spreadsheets are only theoretical. I would *downgrade* based on what stats you think would benefit you more from actual encounter experiences.

Why not just leave the 2nd piece out. If they are downgrades, why use them.

Quote Originally Posted by bored059
    Why not just leave the 2nd piece out. If they are downgrades, why use them.
    I struggled with this... I keep rationalizing out stat loss vs a boost via the set bonus. I'm taking Isfreak's advice and I'll replace the gloves to see how those work out.

I agree that dkp is bad, we use a system called EPGP, points decay (use them or you eventually lose them), and it's pretty round robin if everyone is raiding the same amount of time. I just know that I'm better geared than some of our clothies and holy priests so I'll pass on minor upgrades. If no one bids, I'll bid for a discount price and take the minor upgrade. Nothing is really forced on anyone, and if anyone does want something and it gets de'd instead because they didn't speak up, well, it's their own fault. It hasn't happened yet, but we are still progressing very slowly.
    Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

@OP dont rely on the spread sheets just do your own side by side scenarios. Tier bonus is just that, a bonus, nothing gamebreaking. Most best in slot gear is not tier, and having all BiS is generally better than having the bonuses.

Topic of loot distribution: My guild runs Suicide Kings. Loot goes out very fast, and taking a minor upgrade is never crippling at this point, there is so much loot going out its not funny. Holding out for that 1 best in slot item and missing out on 3 minor upgrade will usually net you the same results. If you have intelligent guildies, they also pass loot that is a minor upgrade for them to someone that will recieve a major upgrade from it. The downside is sometimes the person getting the major upgrade is in that position because they are too lazy to do something about it. However everyone has different schedule/ luck so as long as its a person that shows up for raids that gear is never really wasted. Think of the GG man! The GG!