Thread: Frost Dps???

Frost Dps???

I decided today to experiment with Frost dps, considering I've seen so many complaints about how OP it. Maybe I was doing something wrong, but I was only managing to pull 1300 dps with Blood Presence on using http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44250 x2.

This was the build I was using: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=jfV0VZG0exhxdRhoVosxf

Any feedback?

Re: Frost Dps???

8)

I have no personal experience with DW frost dps, but most Dw dk's I've seen around have a talent build similar to this

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...h=000000000000

hope it helps

with duel wield your gonna be focusing on two aspects, on-auto attack related procs (necrosis, blood-caked strikes) and your spells (i.e. howling blast, icy touch, death coil, etc)

this is because your strikes are going to be a small portion of damage due to being based on weapon damage (one-handed in this case)

this will be especially true when they remove the CD from howling blast and buff necrosis, keep an eye out
    --Tank by trade, killer by nature.

I didn't like DW frost because it's too much like fury warrior and enhancement shaman IMO (and my past two mains were fury warrior and enhancement shaman). Also there is a good chance that DW frost spec will take a slight hit due to the change in killing machine (I know the procs in that are crazy for ability crits) but who knows... it may just be a marginal change.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohrizan
    I decided today to experiment with Frost dps, considering I've seen so many complaints about how OP it. Maybe I was doing something wrong, but I was only managing to pull 1300 dps with Blood Presence on using http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44250 x2.

This was the build I was using: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=jfV0VZG0exhxdRhoVosxf

Any feedback?
    Thought this was a mage post , oh well..Peace.
    ;P

The spec you have there is great for frost dps. You have Howling blast for the aoe, and Frost strike for the RP dump. You may need to tweak your rotation. When i spec frost dps, my rotation is a little like this: Icy Touch-Plague Strike-Pestinence-howling blast. Hopefully somewhere in there you have a white swing crit which makes your howling blast crit all your targets. I've been able to get around 2300 dps on trash and 1800 single target with it....but i am nowhere near hit capped so there is possibility to go up.

In the upcoming patch, my friend, they will be removing the cd on howling blast. which means Rime + Killing machine + howling blast = win

Correct me if i'm wrong, but don't DW Frosties use unholy presence too to reduce the GCD and swing timers (since KM isn't a ppm based and more white attacks = more chances to crit)?

I personally have never tried DW dps. I'm blood and will likely stay that way. I pull around 3k dps on bosses (except Thaddius where i'm around 5k in 25man).

Bubonicbeef- 80 Death Knight
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gurubashi&n=Bubonicbeef

Saphÿre- 80 priest
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gurubashi&n=Saph%C3%BFre

Beefstyx- 80 Shaman
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gurubashi&n=Beefstyx

Huggybare- 72 Druid
    US-Gurubashi

meh...id rather see bigger numbers than more numbers. Since most DK skills are instant...having a faster swing timer really isn't worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by xxzincxx
    The spec you have there is great for frost dps. You have Howling blast for the aoe, and Frost strike for the RP dump. You may need to tweak your rotation. When i spec frost dps, my rotation is a little like this: Icy Touch-Plague Strike-Pestinence-howling blast. Hopefully somewhere in there you have a white swing crit which makes your howling blast crit all your targets. I've been able to get around 2300 dps on trash and 1800 single target with it....but i am nowhere near hit capped so there is possibility to go up.

In the upcoming patch, my friend, they will be removing the cd on howling blast. which means Rime + Killing machine + howling blast = win
    That will be incredible for 5 mans and AoE pulls... but personally for single target DPS I don't think that makes up for the difference. What you lose for single target DPS is that you will have far (and I mean very far) fewer abilities that will crit because of this. When I tried the frost DPS I was amazed by the DPS I could put out with even crap gear and only 22% crit (and even then almost every ability I pushed out was a crit because of KM procs). I could only imagine what I could have done with good gear, but what you are neglecting to realize is that the procs going away means less auto crits which means now you have to rely on crit% a little more on your abilities (primarily howling blast because it gets no crit buffs outside of Annihilation, and if I'm not mistaken it's the same with Frost strike too isn't it?).

Quote Originally Posted by Beefstyx
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but don't DW Frosties use unholy presence too to reduce the GCD and swing timers (since KM isn't a ppm based and more white attacks = more chances to crit)?

I personally have never tried DW dps. I'm blood and will likely stay that way. I pull around 3k dps on bosses (except Thaddius where i'm around 5k in 25man).
    They are changing KM to a PPM timer. I don't remember what it is but they are nerfing it.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Beefstyx

I used Blood pres. and in next patch it will be a PPM so bb to the fast weapons

Quote Originally Posted by tvveeder
    That will be incredible for 5 mans and AoE pulls... but personally for single target DPS I don't think that makes up for the difference.  What you lose for single target DPS is that you will have far (and I mean very far) fewer abilities that will crit because of this.  When I tried the frost DPS I was amazed by the DPS I could put out with even crap gear and only 22% crit (and even then almost every ability I pushed out was a crit because of KM procs).  I could only imagine what I could have done with good gear, but what you are neglecting to realize is that the procs going away means less auto crits which means now you have to rely on crit% a little more on your abilities (primarily howling blast because it gets no crit buffs outside of Annihilation, and if I'm not mistaken it's the same with Frost strike too isn't it?).
    I believe you are correct. You can activate deathchill to get a frost strike crit...but of cource thats on a cd.

Ive been stacking crit (should be stacking hit) on my dps gear. I sit on about 25% which i dont think is too terrible. I dont see too many problems with procs being in blood presence.

Use unholy presence.

Get necrosis and BCB.

Get a buttload of hit (In 3 blues still I'm sitting at 430) and expertise.

???

Profit

Howling nuke

Yes i am dw frost dps as well and i also think it is great focuses on big crits faster swings more killing machine crits = more crits so i use unholy presence as well and im dw the same weapons. as dw frost your like a melee mage.lol. bad thing is with the new Killing machine nerf i dont know what the hell is going to happen to dual wielding good luck

blood presence is better.
    KM nerf to ppm will only mean that slow MH will probably be better.
    Expect same proc rate as Enh shaman Maelstrom Weapon (ABout 1 every 6secs).

If u want to go 2h id suggest unholy is more dps.
    DW is for frost 32/39 builds.

The dead know only one thing; it is better to be alive.