Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Do other players hate Ret?

Maybe it's just me, but I hear this everywere. Myself I'm ret, and it's totaly awesome to play, but it's pissing me off when I hear ppl cry out that we need more nerf and we dont have skill and you name it!

Seriousley whats the problem? Okay we was OP the first 2 weeks, but this is just annyoing!

Re: Do other players hate Ret?

I play ret, and i hate it. I feel like ret is all about buttonmashing (or well, timeing the cooldowns of DS, CS and judgement to be able to do an CS-DS-Judgement-CS or something like that during a HoJ.

Seriously, for me, playing on my retpala is not at all exciting.

Yes, i could respecc, but holy/disc in 2v2 isnt a good combo, so i have to wait until my friend reaches 80 on his rogue before i respec. (No, i wont play with randoms)

The only players who enjoy ret is the ones who enjoys arcane mages now, and enjoyed enh shamans with hand of ragnaros pre tbc.

ok well yeh i dont like retri pala's, not so much because of the class but because of the players.
    now im generalising so plz do not take this as a personal attack
    but palas pre wotlk were pretty much forced to be either holy or prot. while they didnt want to be
    but now that retridin is a good spec,most of u guys act like superior bastards picking on everybody while before wotlk if i came acros a retridin while leveling they would never attack and were like /wave (aka dont kill me plz)
    and now they are like mwhahaahah i rol my face over keyboard u dieeee im imbaaah!

yet again this goes for the majority of the ret community (not every retridin is retardin)

and as for
    Quote Originally Posted by paladinnox
    In PVE we can hold our own on the damage meters and in PVP we are up there with the Frost Mages, Rogues and Boomkins as one of the more dangerous classes, but certainly not as OP as DKs.
    u shud be specific here m8, maybe in 5v5 DK>ret (dont know bout 3v3) but in 2v2 retridin is shitloads better then deathknight

as for people crying for ret nerf... wel the only thing that was OP imo was that u could go immune to everything and stil deal out normal damage, this is being changed

damage/burst wise u guys are ok imo

I hate 'em.

eod.

Deleted

In PvP, I hate them. Because of them, I don't PvP anymore and I'm leveling my 59 and 69 twinks to 80 to raid with them. PvP is broken already since TBC, not to mention the OP retardness since 3.0.2.

If I want real PvP, I go play Warhammer.

[/QQ]

i play a retri paladin since about halfway into ssc and i must say that i dont really meet much hatred anymore, i only pvp casually 2v2 and 3v3 at around 1500 rating (to get points and hopefully later on some pvp gear)

and now and then a battleground, i can tell you however that we are definetly not overpowered in pvp, i get my ass handed to me by loads off dps, good priests are near unkillable and rogues is about 50% chance to win depending on who stuns who..
    ofcourse once in awhile i get a killing spree killing 10-15 players in bg before dying, like i imagine every other class has, however this is mostly paired with cds, getting a heal from someone or otherwise dps assistance so i can pull back heal and jump back in

in pvp you loose mana a lot quicker than in pve so no one can say were overpowered there

the only places where i sometimes feel a tad op is in heroics when ur paired with 2 noob dps who have no understanding off what their doin and often are lower on dmg than the tank thats when retri runs around with 4k dps in heroics... (got a ss at home off killing first boss in AN with 4k dps)

People who complain about ret paladins are usually the people who remember them from vanilla WoW and remember them as a joke. Then when BC came out, the ret tree was given crusader strike which dealt holy damage as opposed to physical and a month or so before BC came out ret paladins were destroying people in BGs and people whined about it.

They were 'hotfixed' and became a joke again in BC. The mighty ret paladin spec was virtually ignored and if you wanted to play a paladin in raiding you pretty much were forced to either tank or heal. Yes some were lucky to have guildmates willing to have a ret paladin come along etc but those situations were very few and far between.

So anyway, as a result of this in BGs people basically were used to ret paladins sort of being a joke spec and thrashing them. Blizz decides to re-do their approach to the paladin class and ret gets buffed to the point of being respectable and all of a sudden people cant fathom how a lolpaladin killed them. Bubble has been in the game forever except it used to be that the bubble just simply prolonged the inevitable death of the paladin. If a paladin bubbled in the past it was usually accepted that once the bubble came down..if he didnt have a priest/druid friend or another holy pally then the paladin was going to get pwned once bubble went away.

For every person that cries about bubble and how OP it is etc, I still see fools who think it is quite acceptable to just stand there as the ret pally heals himself and the other player makes no effort to run away and bandage or get some distance on the ret pally to get a chance to get some hp back or whatever. I rarely see rogues run out to try to re-stealth..or even use vanish. When someone is just standing there wacking away at my bubble I have no sympathy for them once I heal back to full and then introduce them to my judgement of awesome.

People have their anecdotal evidence and I have mine. My experience has been that the average WoW player just simply makes no effort at all to deal with bubble and just rolls over for me and lets me get a free honor kill when I do it.

Retris are fine for now. All of you saying retri is just "time ur judgement/cs/ds while u stun the target". Go die in a fire. A good Retri needs to dispell his partner, freedom him when a rogue kidneys him, bop, bubble if ur target is low on target so u can give him 30% less dmg + heal him, flash of light whenever its possible, hand of sacrifice, sacred shield, u fucking name it.

On my 3vs3 team I gotta keep an eye for my rogue not to get kidney by another rogue, dispell the priest, buff them up with bop/sacrifice, ye, u get it.

L2P or gtfo.

Stroppe

Quote Originally Posted by Voldehmort
    People have their anecdotal evidence and I have mine. My experience has been that the average WoW player just simply makes no effort at all to deal with bubble and just rolls over for me and lets me get a free honor kill when I do it.
    Well it IS nice that you get a skill that lets you get a free kill on ANYTHING that don't run away or is forced to be anywhere fairly close to you.

When you have games that last as short as they do now, and you get someone that can get a free kill (to quote again) on anything that is near, some would call it OP. I call it FotM class, and hope it changes.

* Any holy paladin who still remained holy through all this retardin thing now: "keep going guys"

* Any ret paladin who was ret in TBC aswell, well you deserve to feel OP for all the crap you ware in TBC. But it shouldn't last forever.

* But anyone who played holy in TBC and is now ret because it's a FotM, you prooved anything anyone whould think about you. Nothing needed to say.

I think the issues most people have with rets, is that they have abilities no other class can touch. Namely, immune to ALL damage for 12 seconds, while not being (seriously) impared while being so, they effectivly have an ice block, that lasts longer than ice block, but they can also move, cast, heal, and even continue to dps.

In world pvp, add on LoH, in arenas take in the account most people die with 6 seconds of being engaged.. 12 seconds is ridiculous. add in judgment of justice, you cant even kite or run from a bubbled ret.

I'm also seeing some "L2P" remarks by paladins defending ret, they are the type of people who played locks when they were OP, and trying to defend what they know is true, but refuse to admit.

I do not feel bubble should be removed, its a signature piece, but there should be some sort of compensation dpswise to bring them more into line. Can you imagine a mage who could continue to cast while iceblocked? Or the new hunter deterence where he could continue to dps? EVERYone including pallys would scream OP..

Ret's are currently doing roughly the same dps as other classes, but have plate, really really good heals and totally immunity to all damage while at the same time removing all existing dots/cc.

what would happen if other classes had this?

Yes. Other players hate ret.

Why?

Because your always short of one person and then jump to LFG system. LF1M healz or LF1M tank and then u pst the one pally in there "wot spec" and they reply "retlol".

Very disappointing.

Personally I don't hate ret, even though it was hard to kill ret palas even in pre-3.0.2 (as me being non-pvp hunter). I also have paladin which is of course retribution and I love new playing style. When I hear complaints "Nerf paladins" it makes me angry, since many other classes are doing much better dps in instances or pvp and they get only buffed. For example, rogues in 3.0.8. Doing now _only_ 6000-7000 dps and still gets buffed -.-

I dont hate ret but i dont like them. Even i max epic gear (not pvp ofc) i get 2-3 shotted by a palla (hunter here).
    Its even gotten so bad that i dont even jump pallas below 78 cuz u dont want to get ownd by bubble. Gief patch so it gets nerfed!

OP for the 1st 2 weeks? still really OP in PVP in my opinion. its only class that when kills me i shout at my pc and curse the ret's mother and family. lol its really that bad.... im not even too sure why, maybe its withdrawal symptoms from the drugs.

other day pala comes up to me.... and just to take the biscuit... he bubbles... hammer of justice on my ass then 2 shots me. (ok was in my pve gear)

i play pala myself and sick thing is i refuse to spec ret to lvl him, i think my obsession with hating rets has gone too far. need help

lol xx

kriS411

I don't hate Rets - I'm DK

<3 it how 99% of those idiots throw everything they got into my anti-magic shell.

I just hate the fotm rerollers, and I am not talking about people who switched spec. Fotms bitch and moan and tend to be super snotty and annoying.

Many players do despise ret for a number of reasons. First, Ret was nerfed badly upon release when it was realized that they were just as strong as warriors with the ability to heal. Who needed warriors then? After the nerfs were large numbers of complaints from the ret community because the class had no DPS ability. Slowly but surely, Blizzard starting bringing them back to form, but it seemed like every change came with a nerf a few months down the line. The complaining only got worse and this made other players hate the ret community.

Combined with this is the fact that many ret players didn't know how to play the class. They could use a large number of stats for different reasons -- int, strength, stamina, crit, agility. Pretty much every stat that a DPS, tank, or healer could use, rets could find some use in. Even if it wasn't the best gear for them, they would often roll on it and "steal" gear from other players. This isn't to say all rets were like this, but those that were good ended up being victimized by their poorer-performing counterparts.

This perception has lasted for years and will be hard to break. I think generally, people understand that rets can do damage now. However, there will always be a certain sector of the community that remembers the whining, QQing retnoob that walks around in all greens and tries to faceroll people or tries to sword and board against raid bosses.

I started out ret and have been ret all along. During this, I managed to avoid a lot of the flak that many rets received. Maybe because I was good or even lucky to be around people who weren't like this. Even good rets were not allowed to raid ("roll a real DPS class" was the reason, usually) then. I did manage to get into some raids, but was only allowed to DPS against trash. Now, I LOVE playing ret because I overgeared in BC and walked into WotLK overpowered.

turkeyspit

Quote Originally Posted by burn
    ok well yeh i dont like retri pala's, not so much because of the class but because of the players.
    now im generalising so plz do not take this as a personal attack
    but palas pre wotlk were pretty much forced to be either holy or prot. while they didnt want to be
    but now that retridin is a good spec,most of u guys act like superior bastards picking on everybody while before wotlk if i came acros a retridin while leveling they would never attack and were like /wave (aka dont kill me plz)
    So basically, you're like the bully who complains when the guy you were bullying comes back after a summer break at the gym and makes you his bitch?

I couldn't agree more.

After telling Rets to reroll Holy or calling them a Lolret/Retnoob for 4 years, you get all butthurt when then come back, kick your ass, and talk smack to you?

The word Justice comes to mind.

i dont hate ret pally's persay, i love a good ret pally who knows what they're doing. but what i've seen and agree with are all the bad players out there that play a paladin. dont take this the wrong way but i've seen a lot of pally's keep up with the better dps'ers i know and yet they lack skillz as a player. dont get me wrong i still have huge respec for the old pally's who could keep up with us even when they were broken if u want to call it that. its just all the pally's that are stupid who make the good ones look bad that i dont like.

15+ Year Old Account

I have a strong dislike for the Ret play style but an even stronger dislike for the players. Nothing but a buch of epeen stroking hammer jockeys. I have never found one i would ever invite back to a 5 man. They only reason they are around in PVE is because some people think they need them for raiding.

I couldnt care less about PVP.
    Be Nice to America or we will bring Democracy to your country.