Thread: Ore Or Bars?

Ore Or Bars?

I've never understood why people who have mining smelt their ore into bars and sell it as pure ore. The reason is, if you plan on making gold, you should always turn the ore into bars because bars, at least on my server, are always more expensive than ore. For example, a stack of copper ore on my ah goes for about 2g tops. But bars sell from 7 to 9 gold a stack. That's copper alone. So higher ores are the same way, selling for 30g a stack for ore and even as much as 70g a stack.

So, if the purpose is to make money with mining, why sell it as ore when you can make more money with bars since mining automatically gives you the ability to smelt your ore into bars?

???

Re: Ore Or Bars?

Bars => Blacksmiths, Engineers
    Ore => Blacksmiths, Engineers, Jewelcrafters (Prospecting)

So that's one more group of potential customers. And I can't speak for the economy on your server, but on mine the prices of ore+bars fluctuates pretty regularly.

Thats only on your server, on mine the stacks of ore sell for a bit more then the equivalent in bars.

Bars are only usefull for Blacksmiths and Engineers who dont have mining. Theres really not many of thoses peoples, but those who are usually have loads of money to spend.
    Ores are really only usefull for Jewelcrafters and the price of a stack is quickly balanced when you look huw much gold you can make prospecting 100 ores. If ore is cheap and gems are costly, jewelcrafter will quickly buy everything in the AH to make fast and easy gold.
    It all depends on your server economy.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by b37x
    Bars => Blacksmiths, Engineers
    Ore => Blacksmiths, Engineers, Jewelcrafters (Prospecting)
    JCs use the bars to make rings/etc.
    You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilSpockPinyata
    I've never understood why people who have mining smelt their ore into bars and sell it as pure ore. The reason is, if you plan on making gold, you should always turn the ore into bars because bars,
    Bars are used by smiths, people usually cba to smelt them themselves.

On my server ore is more expensive than bars, as its more functional.
    It's silly though.

many players have 2 crafting professions, and thus can't smelt their own ore.
    thus they wont buy ore.

Ore is useless for Blacksmithes and Enigneers, you need to have the bars to make stuff.

Ore is just for Smelting (Mining) and Prospecting (Jewelcrafting).

ORES ! OREEEEEEEEEEEES ! CHEAP ores thank you!!

I maek tons of shiny gold coins with ores (prospecting).

No really, bars are fail. Everybody can find a miner to smelt. Ores is what everybody want, and check first.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    ORES ! OREEEEEEEEEEEES ! CHEAP ores thank you!!

I maek tons of shiny gold coins with ores (prospecting).

No really, bars are fail. Everybody can find a miner to smelt. Ores is what everybody want, and check first.
    couldn't agree more. go with ore...

I've been looking at engineering and blacksmithing on thotbot. I don't see any recipes that require ore, they all require bars.

Ores ftw , i bet you can't find many engineers or smiths without mining or jevelcrafters. And usually when i buy ores im too lazy to go mine some or i just dont have the time. Ofc there are poeple who prefer bars , like people who wants to get mats bought fast for some crafted thing someone is going to craft . So i would say ores are way more better or faster to make money than bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathroll
    Ores ftw , i bet you can't find many engineers or smiths without mining or jevelcrafters.
    Wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Wrong.
    Just a guess tbh . ;D