Thread: Deep Destro

Deep Destro

Question for PTR people... If you have tried the new conflag/chaos bolt can you please state your opinion on wheather deep destro was improved or it still is bad. This is of course regarding raids
    I'm planning to spec something like this:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...h=021304000000

Armory http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...and&n=Kronikal (Just got the helm the other night)

Suggestions on build correction are welcome, since I'm really used to FG/Ember :\

PS How the fck do people deal with imps (or pets in general) in such fights as Sarth or Sapph...More concerned about Sarth tho

Re: Deep Destro

Quote Originally Posted by Kronikal
    Question for PTR people... If you have tried the new conflag/chaos bolt can you please state your opinion on wheather deep destro was improved or it still is bad. This is of course regarding raids
    I'm planning to spec something like this:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...h=021304000000

Armory http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...and&n=Kronikal (Just got the helm the other night)

Suggestions on build correction are welcome, since I'm really used to FG/Ember :\

PS How the fck do people deal with imps (or pets in general) in such fights as Sarth or Sapph...More concerned about Sarth tho
    Use max out frost resist which imp gets some of it..he will die anyway..or leave imp phased for health buff.

Looks like a nice build, take out your agony glyph for immolate though, since the new fix on conflagrate gets you a full duration immolate guaranteed. Out of personal preferance I would drop imp HS and soul link for full 5 in demonic embrace.

Im also curious what a spec like this is now putting out for DPS. Also wondering if anyone knows if unholy power is huge at that point compared to the other options.

On the imp issue, it really comes down to 2 things.
    Do your healers care enough to heal him.
    How well can you remember to call him back to your side for every flame wave, blizzard he stands in etc.

A nice fix would be to have the imp always be 3 yards to your side default, as it is now once he starts attacking you can run quite far before he notices your change and relocates himself. it should be "when I move you move" Or if they put fel dom on a 1-2 minute CD it would be highly managable to resummon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronikal
    I phase shift it and just keep the buffs it gives (: and maybe last 30% i let it attack

When my pet doesnt attack Im losing out on 500+ dps depending on buffs. This may be even more with certain talents. The solution shouldn't be phase shifting, unless you could phase shift while in combat after you halt his attacks. That would be a nice fix as well.

Micromanagement and healers doing thier job is currenlty the best means we have. Hopefully a movement fix, fel dom CD reduction, or a phase shift change is in the works to add a nice cushion. I would trade his 80% avoidance for any of those, seeing as how im smart enough to not stand in fire 99% of the time.

my imp almost never dies. just keybind him to follow you in an easy to reach spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputine
    Second, the Draenei used a dimensional ship powered by the holy snowflakes, which utilizes a plot-hole drive engine.

A) Our Healers do care about raid pets, but when we trying to to Sapph with no frost resist...it's kinda tuff..
    B) Imp's buffs are...useless? Commanding shout > blood pact...only nice buffs I get is when he is actually in action pew pewin the boss
    C) Why did I take soul link O.o never intended to go to unholy power
    D) HS are nice to have...and like I have already mentioned...other lock isn't speccing into it
    E) I have absolutely no issues with stam (23k+ raid buffed) so demonic embrace is rather a filler
    F) WTB responses about PTR destro ...

I'm getting roughly 100 dps less than Haunt/Ruin as 2/13/56 on live. Given the damage boost to Chaos Bolt and the increased Backdraft/Immolate uptime I think it'll prove to be quite a decent competetor.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...h=021312000000

Drop Soul Link, Fel Dom, and Master Summoner to pick up Imp. Soul Leech. Your imp shouldn't die if you're paying attention to him.

I'm destro and love it. However, there's a common misconception going around.

In our 25 man raid this week, there were 3 locks. One destro (me!) and two afflictions. They had blue and some green gear. They did 1400 and 1500 dps.

I have a lot of epics and blues, nothing SUPER mind-you but I did what I can to gear up using heroics. My dps? 2757. Note, thats almost double the other locks.

Once again, deep destro is very viable in pve. What matters is your GEAR! IT MATTERS! Gear, skill, rotation... means a lot. With the new changes I can't even imagine how much better we'll be since we can spam conflagrates to get backlash up as often as possible.

Immo, Chaos, Incins, etc... it works.

awesome build! only thing i'd change is get that extra 4% stam and drop the improved hs. since you life tap more than you use your stone.

lots of rubbish no one answer the question I also really wanna know how the conflag glyph and the new chaos bolt fair now as well. I'm also wondering how much better is the new backdraft GBC vs Haste

Quote Originally Posted by Screecher
    lots of rubbish no one answer the question I also really wanna know how the conflag glyph and the new chaos bolt fair now as well. I'm also wondering how much better is the new backdraft GBC vs Haste
    Im not a PTR...but the new conflag glyph will be a dps increase through faster spell casts, and that it wont consume immolate. The new chaos bolt...couldnt tell ya.

I am on the PTR and compared to 0/30/41 which pulls around 3200 on a target dummy im pulling 4k with 0/20/51.

This is without popping any trinkets, mine are both procs.

Again this is just average numbers on TD, actually mileage vary i will probably pull 5.8k+ on Patchwerk.

are you using backdraft and wats the rotation ;o

i am 53/1/17 on live pulling ~2800 on a test dummy and on the ptr as deep destro 20/51 i got up to 3100...now my rotation was prolly really botched seeing as how im not used to it yet, i ran with conflag/CoA/imp glyphs and yes i noticed the chaos bolt/conflag damage increase and it was nice...btw my rotation was along the lines of: CB->immo->conflag->incin spam until conflag CD is up->conflag->CB->incinx2....usually i got 2 conflags off on a single immo and kept backdraft up the majority of the time...o yea imp was gunning away for imp buff

Rotation is Chaos Bolt, immolate, Conflag, CORR, COA, incinerate x3, Conflag, Chaosbolt, Incinerate x2 .

Corruption and COA does not consume Backdraft but GCD benefits from the added haste, by the time youre done casting Incinerate, conflag cooldown is up, rest is self explanatory.

So drop Imp glyph and stick with CoA, Imm, Conflag? and is Imp. Soul Leech really that good...I mean i could possible see why, guessing that it reduces the total amount of life taps...but how often does it proc?

* Curse of Agony will now scale better when used with the Glyph of Curse of Agony. Ticks beyond the original duration will do 33% more damage than the ticks that preceded them. i.e. 74 -> 145 -> 217 -> 290.

....Need help with them glyphs...prob gonna run Urg's spec

I would drop corruption, go with conflag, immolate, and imp, instant shadowbolt is nice but is too much RNG.

This is the spec i would roll with.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IZcxczshZVcGVr0uVoAcsp

Yes theres only 3 points in unholy power but shadowfury is quite a clutch spell and it procs molten core so opening with shadowfury and rain of fire afterward is a pretty big DPS increase, your ROF will tick for 4k+.

Same rotation as above.

This pulls more dps than 0/30/41 on PTR.

so 3/5 unholy power > 10% more agony?

Good question i havent tried it but a raid buffed imp is about 800 dps so yeah i would say so.