a retri DPS question..

i have now been playing holy since i hitted 80.. the heroic farm was FUN. but then it just went DOWN hill.. its simply to easy.

im now going for retribution. therefore i would like to know about there Dps in a raid situation.

1: are We able to compete for the Top of the meters ? ( in all fights not just vs undead mobs )
    2: will we be favored in the new uldaur content ? or will our dps suck compared to other classes without all our good dps to undeads ?..
    3: could anyone link some WWB with a nice retri paladin doing a good job ?

thanks in advance.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: a retri DPS question..

without undead mobs our dmg will get lower. dont know if i(we) can compete seriously with pure dps classes. But that isnt our concern because we bring utility to the raid. (JoW/JoL) aura etc etc.

a fight against sapphiron where im high in the meters. browse through the other fights if you like.

http://wowwebstats.com/s4xinpbtbsdzo?s=713791-755250

The ony thing I can say is: It depends.

In an encounter similar to Patchwerk, there is no way you can compete with Rogues / Hunters / TG Wars with comparable gear and skill. Latency is also an issue, a delay of 1 second can cause tremendous effect to your dps.

In my raidgroup (25man) I do pretty well, not in the Top3 (reserved for our TG war, frost/unholy DK and a rogue), but 4-6 is usual.

Fights like Patchwerk really make me sad... I'm somewhere around 4.3 - 4.5k dps where others easily go beyond 5k. With slightly weaker gear...

Concerning a "non-undead-environment" Ghostcrawler said in a blue post, that the current Ret dps is the dps Blizz wants us to do all the time. We'll see what 3.1 will bring us.

To sum up: Ret isn't too bad after all, dps is okay but not outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynic
    As intended probably. You have to work for your spot. It is doable, but you have to work ALOT.

15+ Year Old Account

dont forget Retri is mostly intended as a utility class. JoW/replenishment, +2%dmg +3% crit +3%haste etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    dont forget Retri is mostly intended as a utility class. JoW/replenishment, +2%dmg +3% crit +5%haste etc etc.
    Isn't it 3, 3 and 3?

15+ Year Old Account

ur right on haste, not on +% dmg

In an encounter similar to Patchwerk, there is no way you can compete with Rogues / Hunters / TG Wars with comparable gear and skill. Latency is also an issue, a delay of 1 second can cause tremendous effect to your dps.

In my raidgroup (25man) I do pretty well, not in the Top3 (reserved for our TG war, frost/unholy DK and a rogue), but 4-6 is usual.

Fights like Patchwerk really make me sad... I'm somewhere around 4.3 - 4.5k dps where others easily go beyond 5k. With slightly weaker gear...

Concerning a "non-undead-environment" Ghostcrawler said in a blue post, that the current Ret dps is the dps Blizz wants us to do all the time. We'll see what 3.1 will bring us.

Don't jump to conclusions. I wish they were buffing vengeance, which they ought to do, as that would clearly make up for and go well beyond the 1% dmg on undead, but look at my logs. I was Basically tied at #1 on sarth and was 2nd on the evening, although I do basically agree in principal on the patchwerk, thaddius, and loatheb fights (note I was about where blizz wants me to be on thaddius). I don't even have 4pc T7 yet since all we ever get is the damn DK token .

http://wowwebstats.com/nlaap3uktsf2k?s=194847-263017

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Aloysius
    Don't jump to conclusions. I wish they were buffing vengeance, which they ought to do, as that would clearly make up for and go well beyond the 1% dmg on undead, but look at my logs. I was Basically tied at #1 on sarth and was 2nd on the evening, although I do basically agree in principal on the patchwerk, thaddius, and loatheb fights (note I was about where blizz wants me to be on thaddius). I don't even have 4pc T7 yet since all we ever get is the damn DK token .

sorry to say but ur guilds wws report is very odd to say at least. warlock just above tanks? hunter at the bottom of the dps meter? to do that you must have a wierd spec or terribad gear.

looks like you are 1 of the few ppl of your guild that knows his class

Quote Originally Posted by Aloysius

DK has some 2nd rate spec is lesser geared and tops dps, u outgear every person there via the betrayer the warrior is TG with only 200 hit rating the enhance is using a dagger the rogue is combat lock destro all these people are 2nd rate specced and geared like dumbasses in some places perhaps just the best they had access to.
    people that play as well as you do with their other classes will beat you with ease, that noone is breaking 3k in a 25 man is a bit weird really your hunter seems like they were offline the majority of the fight and alot of those classes had horrid dps uptimes.
    4 piece valourous gives you the bonus and some bad equip stats so its not much different to what u got just more judgement damage.

vengeance 5 stacks seals increase 27% weapon from 22% is needed for when ppl are less asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by cryogenic
    DK has some 2nd rate spec is lesser geared and tops dps, u outgear every person there via the betrayer the warrior is TG with only 200 hit rating the enhance is using a dagger the rogue is combat lock destro all these people are 2nd rate specced and geared like dumbasses in some places perhaps just the best they had access to.
    people that play as well as you do with their other classes will beat you with ease, that noone is breaking 3k in a 25 man is a bit weird really your hunter seems like they were offline the majority of the fight and alot of those classes had horrid dps uptimes.
    4 piece valourous gives you the bonus and some bad equip stats so its not much different to what u got just more judgement damage.

vengeance 5 stacks seals increase 27% weapon from 22% is needed for when ppl are less asleep.
    The betrayer alone does not make me "outgear" everyone instantly. We were missing 2 of our better dps players and I have a feeling some of the locks might disagree with you. Keep in mind the overriding factor which has caused all of our dps to be low: LAG. I could have posted a number of other combat logs that were more telling for our overall raid. Yes, our hunters were offline a lot due to lag. Our DKs also take some tanking talents; we don't have any pure spec'd DPS DKs atm.

4 Piece valorous does 2 things: gives me more judgment damage and improves my rotation. The DPS increase from 4pc has also been mathematically proven to be superior to offset pieces, even if I got the obsidian greathelm and belabored legplates.

I appreciate the compliments and I understand that this may not have been the optimal raid to post, but the point is that you should be able to hang in the top 5 or 6 in dps and near the top for damage out if you know what you're doing.

Oh, we also subbed some people out between instances.

15+ Year Old Account

Yeah these classes are pretty powerful atm, well you can argue the case for rogues being a little lower than they should be, but as a general statement, don't ever count on beating a pure dps class that knows what they are doing. You can still do very competitive dps, just don't get mad if you aren't always on top (sometimes you will be). On the same note as latency, it's time for a computer upgrade for me as I hit 8-10 fps on a VERY good day on boss fights in naxx, and poor computer performance will drop your dps as well. Can still pull out 4k+ on patchwerk but it's a pita knowing you are held back by latency, fps, etc.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    dont forget Retri is mostly intended as a utility class. JoW/replenishment, +2%dmg +3% crit +3%haste etc etc.

it's 3% damage as stevet posted
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

If your on top of your game, you can be very competitive, if not top DPS even outside of Naxx. Early this week we did Sartheron and I was pulling 4.5k DPS, about 400 DPS higher than the next person. I'm not even fully geared yet.