Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Titanguard (+75/50 stam) wont go live ...

Had this enchant gone live it would have become THE enchant for nearly all tanks. It would not have been an interesting choice. We would have had to keep introducing higher tiers of the same enchant, or else players would just keep using this version for perpetuity. We put Stamina already on many items. We don't think your weapon needs one as well. I received messages from several tanks for very prominent guilds asking us to please not go forward with this enchant. They understood why it was bad for the game.

Death knights have access to superior enchants in part because they do not have a shield or ranged weapon slot and the stats provided by those items.

The PTR is for testing. If you find yourself frustrated that things change between the PTR and live, I would suggest you stop paying attention to the PTR notes. Even if a change like this had already gone live, we probably would have changed it anyway. We did not like what this enchant would have done for the game.
    I'll stick with Accuracy ... wohooo.

/discuess

Re: Titanguard (+75/50 stam) wont go live ...

I'm going to assume this comment is meant to indicate Blizzard should have thought of this to begin with, and never put the enchantment on the PTR to begin with. Because what they said makes perfect sense to me, and I'm going to assume you aren't immature enough to heap scorn upon their opinion without providing any reason why their stance is incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42
    I'm going to assume this comment is meant to indicate Blizzard should have thought of this to begin with, and never put the enchantment on the PTR to begin with. Because what they said makes perfect sense to me, and I'm going to assume you aren't immature enough to heap scorn upon their opinion without providing any reason why their stance is incorrect.
    Like it has been said in the discuessing thread on the official forums, there's the THE spellpower enchant for healers and caster, there's THE AP enchant for melees and there is THE scope for all hunters - so why not THE enchant for tanks?

Quote Originally Posted by Cho
    Like it has been said in the discuessing thread on the official forums, there's the THE spellpower enchant for healers and caster, there's THE AP enchant for melees and there is THE scope for all hunters - so why not THE enchant for tanks?
    You're right. There should only be a single option for an enchantment for every single slot in the game. For that matter, why not remove all options on weapons? Every boss in the game can drop a token useable by every single class to be turned in for the single item in the game for your class in a particular slot. The protection paladin set will have everything, for instance: all 8 standard pieces, 3 weapons (axe, sword, mace, but all with identical stats), 1 shield, 2 rings, 2 trinkets, 1 libram, and a necklace. You'll have one option to enchant every piece, and there will be no options whatsoever.

After all, there's nothing wrong with forcing players to only have a single option, right?

You're right. There should only be a single option for an enchantment for every single slot in the game. For that matter, why not remove all options on weapons? Every boss in the game can drop a token useable by every single class to be turned in for the single item in the game for your class in a particular slot. The protection paladin set will have everything, for instance: all 8 standard pieces, 3 weapons (axe, sword, mace, but all with identical stats), 1 shield, 2 rings, 2 trinkets, 1 libram, and a necklace. You'll have one option to enchant every piece, and there will be no options whatsoever.

After all, there's nothing wrong with forcing players to only have a single option, right?
    I almost thought you were sarsastic!
    http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Executus&n=Pzyclopz

you know currently we have ZERO good options

Nice sarcasm, well this logic would only make sense if we'd actually have a choice - not 20 STR or 25 hit/crit. <- outdated.

Take stam away but add something like this

Enchant Weapon - Parry / xx
    Enchant Weapon - Dodge / xx
    Enchant Weapon - [more then 20STR TBC enchant]

That would actually be a choice between _good_ and _useful_ enchants.

do people actually forget that agi give dodge. 26agi to wep is pretty good. give .5 % dodge. sure it suck that they removed the enchant to wep (wich i would probably take over agi to wep) but most geared tank can already have 30k + unbuffed hp and dont rly need more so.

but yeah

what he said.

Had this enchant gone live it would have become THE enchant for nearly all tanks.
    Oh. You mean, sorta like how Mongoose was in TBC? And that was bad somehow?

15+ Year Old Account

Tanks have tank specific enchants for quite a few other slots that give bonus armor or defense or stamina. Weapon chains are good in terms of defense, adamantite gives parry and titanium gives some hit. I've seen alot of paladins using spellpower enchants with their weapons too. DK's have Sword/Spellshattering since they don't have shields or guns etc. Overall, I think having stamina to weapon would have been good but it won't make the difference between life or death, tanks have managed without it for 4 years now.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

TankWeapon chains are good in terms of defense
    What?

adamantite gives parry
    What do you mean with 'adamantite' ?

and titanium gives some hit.
    Useless.

I've seen alot of paladins using spellpower enchants with their weapons too.
    Probably dumb casuals or someone who missed the last 5 months.

Overall, I think having stamina to weapon would have been good but it won't make the difference between life or death, tanks have managed without it for 4 years now.
    Its all what counts - every single enchant on your gear is part of something big.

Useless in terms of Accuracy giving 25 (28-3) hit and crit. Dunno what he ment with adamantite, those weightstones you cant use anymore 71+?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    /golfclap Blizzard.

Once again, you've shown exactly how many Braincells the developers share between themselves.
    Ohh boo hoo.

It was a lazy enchant that should have never hit the PTR. We don't need more stamina, we have more then enough as it is now and I don't see that changing at all.

Don't get me wrong, a tank enchant would be nice, but I don't think Stamina was a good idea.

Also, LOL at your dev comment. That's why it's called a PTR, they test stuff and then change and remove it as they see fit, never consider something final til it hit's live and you will never be disapointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    No. But do you see any decent tanking enchants for Paladins? Mongoose sucks for us. End of. And we're left with either a Titanium Weapon chain, Accuracy, or Potency. That's it. Is it REALLY too much to ask we get a nice "Good for all classes" tanking enchant for weapons?

Next you know, they'll remove the 40 stam for bracers enchant too.
    This.

Wheres the Paladin tank versions of the DK enchants?!? Druids also for that matter as they also are in the same "no ranged slot" boat!

Fair play one is a little disapointed in the removal, can just only hope that from the hateflames that descend as a result of the removal a few more options will be placed in, rather than just a best in slot, why not have 3 comparitive enchants as mentioned previously, that way you can cater to your own needs.

The reasoning is logical. I agree with GC on this mater.

Well, has anybody seen the change to lifeward ?

Wowhead Comment :- Also tested on PTR. Full gear, 5/60/6, 50 minutes on the 80 dummy. Proc rate was a lot
    closer to 2.6 ppm, using Titansteel Bonecrusher (2.5 speed). Going to go back in with a
    white weapon with a different swing timer, and probably go with the 60 dummy as well ...

Snip from WWS:

Actor: Lifeward
    Total: 51 498
    Hits: 131
    Avg: 350
    Crit%: 6 %
    Max: 730

Does not seem too bad does it ? Think im going to go with that instead. 26 Agility is also nice, or the 20str or mongoose. Sure maybe the enchant's are old but they are still good

I'd be nice if they remade Crusader, now that we're actually conducting a crusade of sorts.

I still say they should remake Lifeward into a raid wide Battlemaster. Healing 2% health to everyone within 10 yards of the wielder. 20% proc rate, 20 second internal CD, leaving it at just under 2.5 PPM. Awesome threat gen. Minimal mitigation.

With 2 tanks and 5 melee, that's about 4k healing per proc and just under 3k threat, or about 120TPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ap0calypse
    This.

Wheres the Paladin tank versions of the DK enchants?!? Druids also for that matter as they also are in the same "no ranged slot" boat!
    Oh please, you want to play that card?

Fine.. you take our 4% parry/ defense enchants and we get our 2 handed tanking weapons back. Deal?

personally i don't want an enchant that heals. i'd be losing out on mana back from other people healing me.