Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    saved to instance bug annoyed me, send over the SQL and i'll fix it in 5mins

    k, logged on to wow cos i have a rare weekend of no wife...
    apprently cos i entered a naxx 10man once im now saved (wihtout killing a single boss)
    seriously this is insane...send me the SQL backend script on raid saving ID's and i'll have it fixed in minutes..
    clearly u just need a clear all player id's after the boss is killed and then save all player ID's once boss is dead.
    its just clearly a stupid programmer error and needs fixing...blizz..i'll even do it for free...no fee..no salary..just give me 5mins on ur script and u'll have a perfect working method of saving players into a raid.

    technically, every single person from 1 server cud get saved to a single raid ID...IF this is even possible ( which it is)..its clearly a broke script..

  2. #2

    Re: saved to instance bug annoyed me, send over the SQL and i'll fix it in 5mins

    No you couldn't.

  3. #3

    Re: saved to instance bug annoyed me, send over the SQL and i'll fix it in 5mins

    clearly broken script?

    better ask your raid leader if he was saved when he invited you to raid. cause im 100% sure he killed some boss already, you entered and got saved immediatelly
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

    I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

  4. #4

    Re: saved to instance bug annoyed me, send over the SQL and i'll fix it in 5mins

    I'm sure all these calculations would do wonders for the server lag already present in raid instances.

    A few days back there was a blue about them starting to take a look at reworking the raid ID setting...but something tells me it will involve a little more than 5 minutes modifying a couple of lines of 1 SQL database entry.

  5. #5

    Re: saved to instance bug annoyed me, send over the SQL and i'll fix it in 5mins

    Quote Originally Posted by CSJenova
    I'm sure all these calculations would do wonders for the server lag already present in raid instances.

    A few days back there was a blue about them starting to take a look at reworking the raid ID setting...but something tells me it will involve a little more than 5 minutes modifying a couple of lines of 1 SQL database entry.
    5mins for a programmer...a few months for a programmer employeed from advertising on a game website

  6. #6

    Re: saved to instance bug annoyed me, send over the SQL and i'll fix it in 5mins

    logically you should only get saved from an action, i.e killing a boss...it wud seriously be so easy to clear player ID's before an action takes place such as killing a boss. slacker coding.. which was accepted probably as a legacy method..
    but since the game has changed for a modern audience its requiring attention because its clearly broke.
    if i did something this stupid in my job, id get the sack

  7. #7

    Re: saved to instance bug annoyed me, send over the SQL and i'll fix it in 5mins

    I'm sure all these calculations
    Opening your backpack generates more SQL queries than something like this.
    Please stop opening your backpacks.

    As for computations, please also stop casting Death & Decay, especially glyphed.
    Also never cast the following spells:
    Arcane Explosion
    Consecrate
    Cleave
    Whirlwind
    ...
    ...
    ...

    Enjoy lag-free Naxx!

  8. #8

    Re: saved to instance bug annoyed me, send over the SQL and i'll fix it in 5mins

    It is incredibly annoying at this point. You would think that people would know better but even I'm guilty of doing this. It all stems from being able to enter different raid instances from the same portal. It wasn't as much of an issue in BC because, well.. the only other instances that actually had this capability are heroics. Let's face it heroics are heroics, if you accidently got saved to one it's not that big of a deal. Naxx on the other hand is a weekly, not daily, reset. Plus it breaks 9 or 24 peoples schedules not 4 others.

    There should be a better way, I'm sure they're looking into it.. Hopefully :P

  9. #9

    Re: saved to instance bug annoyed me, send over the SQL and i'll fix it in 5mins

    Im in ur scipts fixin ur sql code

  10. #10

    Re: saved to instance bug annoyed me, send over the SQL and i'll fix it in 5mins

    The only thing that ever annoyed me more than the stupid lock out system is the stupid bind system. Therefore, the only two thing WoW didn't steal directly from other games are the worst part of the game.
    I used to be hardcore, then I discovered how fun it is to get laid on an almost daily basis. I'll take sex over WoW any day, so now I'm casual.

  11. #11

    Re: saved to instance bug annoyed me, send over the SQL and i'll fix it in 5mins

    Quote Originally Posted by CSJenova
    I'm sure all these calculations would do wonders for the server lag already present in raid instances.

    A few days back there was a blue about them starting to take a look at reworking the raid ID setting...but something tells me it will involve a little more than 5 minutes modifying a couple of lines of 1 SQL database entry.
    haha do u think wow runs on a 486 windows 3.1?no...millions and millions of scripts are ran at once...running a single script per raid boss kill wudnt add anything extra

  12. #12

    Re: saved to instance bug annoyed me, send over the SQL and i'll fix it in 5mins

    Poor grammar, making silly assumptions about how the servers are programmed and what sort of software is used, referring to the code running on the server as a script..

    You're definitely not a programmer. Definitely. Possibly a web developer. Unfortunately, web developers aren't programmers. Sorry to burst your bubble.

  13. #13

    Re: saved to instance bug annoyed me, send over the SQL and i'll fix it in 5mins

    Quote Originally Posted by zell71
    logically you should only get saved from an action, i.e killing a boss...it wud seriously be so easy to clear player ID's before an action takes place such as killing a boss. slacker coding.. which was accepted probably as a legacy method..
    but since the game has changed for a modern audience its requiring attention because its clearly broke.
    if i did something this stupid in my job, id get the sack
    no, you should also get saved when you enter instance which was already saved. ie when your raid leader is saved and you enter his instance. even if you dont kill any boss. why? because instances may contain quest givers and other places of interest. so if you are using other raid to get to some q giver after instance was cleaned i think its fair for you to be saved in it.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

    I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

  14. #14

    Re: saved to instance bug annoyed me, send over the SQL and i'll fix it in 5mins

    better ask your raid leader if he was saved when he invited you to raid. cause im 100% sure he killed some boss already, you entered and got saved immediatelly
    this

  15. #15

    Re: saved to instance bug annoyed me, send over the SQL and i'll fix it in 5mins

    Poor grammar, making silly assumptions about how the servers are programmed and what sort of software is used, referring to the code running on the server as a script..
    From my professional experience, poor grammar would mean that he is certainly a DBA. Or possibly a graphic artist.


  16. #16

    Re: saved to instance bug annoyed me, send over the SQL and i'll fix it in 5mins

    Quote Originally Posted by procne
    no, you should also get saved when you enter instance which was already saved. ie when your raid leader is saved and you enter his instance. even if you dont kill any boss. why? because instances may contain quest givers and other places of interest. so if you are using other raid to get to some q giver after instance was cleaned i think its fair for you to be saved in it.
    well, those actions could save someone, too, boss kill or talking to quest giver? doesnt really matter, does it? atleast from a programmer view.

  17. #17

    Re: saved to instance bug annoyed me, send over the SQL and i'll fix it in 5mins

    This is most likely intended behavior due to people exploiting cleared dungeons and not a 'bug'.
    Just because something doesn't work the way you think it should does not make it a programmer error.

  18. #18

    Re: saved to instance bug annoyed me, send over the SQL and i'll fix it in 5mins

    Quote Originally Posted by Droz
    This is most likely intended behavior due to people exploiting cleared dungeons and not a 'bug'.
    Just because something doesn't work the way you think it should does not make it a programmer error.
    not sure about Intended, since GC posted some time ago that they were looking into fixing it.

    But currently, if you step into an instance, it saves you nigh-instantly sometimes.

    I just stpped into a completely untouched Naxx 10 and got saved.

    it happens.

    ther'es a bug somewhere

  19. #19

    Re: saved to instance bug annoyed me, send over the SQL and i'll fix it in 5mins

    if your talking about getting saved if anything at all is dead then i disagree with you. some trash mobs drop rare epic drops that others don't to prevent people farming these trash they made this method.

    10 players down boss 9/10 of xx instance
    10 more players down said boss of xx instance ect

    then another 10 enter each raid id and farm the trash between the 9th and 10th bosses because that trash has a specific epic drop. so long as they aren't saved to any specific id this is completely possible. you might say its illogical to do this but then people would do it.

    now you might say "then make it so trash saves your id too"
    now this would be wrong because someone might be invited to a raid that gets to a boss and that person is kicked for <insert reason here> so now he is saved and never even had a chance at getting any loot.

    However if your talking about entering a completely fresh or completely cleared instance then yes you shouldn't be saved to it at all. the former happens sometimes due to a bug i believe and the later is just annoying. i got saved to os 25 and all we did was clear trash. i hope i helped a bit in explaining something you might or might not have already known.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputine
    Second, the Draenei used a dimensional ship powered by the holy snowflakes, which utilizes a plot-hole drive engine.

  20. #20

    Re: saved to instance bug annoyed me, send over the SQL and i'll fix it in 5mins

    hmmm interesting post.

    just for kicks - what would be THE single most lag generating spell/ability from all classes.
    Of course this would be based on the knowledge of us non blizzard employees.

    Of course, you might say that it depends on how many enemies you got in a consecration etc.. - but dont overdo it. - lets say for the sake of argument that you have 5 ppl in your grp - and max 5 enemies.

    Maybe even rank it.

    hmm i would say:

    #1. starfall
    -range checking to enemies from a moving caster
    -can crit - and thus will restore mana to the caster - will apply balance buffs

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •