Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: saved to instance bug annoyed me, send over the SQL and i'll fix it in 5mins

Quote Originally Posted by geonexus
    if your talking about getting saved if anything at all is dead then i disagree with you. some trash mobs drop rare epic drops that others don't to prevent people farming these trash they made this method.

10 players down boss 9/10 of xx instance
    10 more players down said boss of xx instance ect

then another 10 enter each raid id and farm the trash between the 9th and 10th bosses because that trash has a specific epic drop. so long as they aren't saved to any specific id this is completely possible.
    This ^^^ doesnt make sense. Let me see if i can translate what ur trying to say.
    All under 1 raid ID:
    1. Group A kills bosses 1-9
    2. Group B kills boss 10
    3. Group C farms trash between boss 9-10
    is that what you mean?
    if so, there would be no trash because boss 10 is dead

Its not very hard to farm trash. Did it sunwell for hours a week. You kill all the guys in one pull except for 1. Everyone then exits the instance. Run back in. Voila, all the mobs respawned.

Re: saved to instance bug annoyed me, send over the SQL and i'll fix it in 5mins

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaBaggle
    My thought on this is that once you get zoned into an instance, if the zoning in will cause you to get saved, you get immobilized for say 10 seconds with some text box that makes you accept that you're going to be saved. If you click no you get ported out of the instance.
    It's shocking that this isn't the existing behavior. Same with choosing a talent build instead of talents one at a time. Pretty basic concepts.

Deleted

I got ownd myself like that, i was looking for a fresh naxx pug, the invited me i asked if its fresh and they told me yes then i got summoned, ofc it was a lie they already cleared 2 wings but i say ok np we go on, but after 2 min they disbanded the raid. Ofc i contacted an GM and the answer was like: "the instances saves are working as indeed" srsly doesnt seem so indeed for me.

Was this an issue before the expansion?

I recall getting invited to a group for Heroic Magister's Terrace, we killed the first trash pack.

I was playing my holy pally and the tank was not keeping guys off of me and I knew we wouldn't be able to finish the instance before I needed to go so after that first trash pack, I told them that they should replace me. So they found a replacement, I left the group, and I went to killing guys for my daily. Ten minutes later, I get a yellow message in my chat pane saying "You are now saved to this instance". I was not in the group when they killed the boss, but I still got saved.

This hasn't happened to me since the expansion (but I haven't left a group early either), but I could see how it'd be annoying if it was still around.
    Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaBaggle
    My thought on this is that once you get zoned into an instance, if the zoning in will cause you to get saved, you get immobilized for say 10 seconds with some text box that makes you accept that you're going to be saved. If you click no you get ported out of the instance.
    I do think this really should be the behavior for zoning into instances that will save you. While it's never happened to me, I do read a lot of comments in trade chat and whatnot about being summoned (and subsequently saved) to instances that are already cleared because someone thought it would be funny to disallow someone to run Naxx for a week.

The ideal way to handle it would be to pop up a dialog on either entering or attempting to enter a partialy compleated raid instance that you are not saved to. asumeing they do the check after you enter "You are not yet saved to this instance. Save or autohearth" have buttons for each and a countdown just like geting punted from an instance. if they dont want to do it that way make it block you at the zone in point for a few seconds and pop up a diolog "Entering this portal will save you to this instance" after a few seconds if you keep trying to go through the port you go in and get saved but at least you had fair warning.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by sixlocal
    From my professional experience, poor grammar would mean that he is certainly a DBA. Or possibly a graphic artist.

Hey…just because you can download a hacked version of Photoshop or Illustrator does not make anyone a Graphic Designer! ;D