15+ Year Old Account

Lag still bad after 3.0.8?

Just wondering if any US players have raided post patch yet. If so is it still lagging? less lag then before? as much lag as pre patch?

would love to know if I should plan a raid for my guild when patch goes live in EU or not

Re: Lag still bad after 3.0.8?

Had to leave Malygos tonight and head to Naxx because it was lagging so badly Vortex was bugging out. Didn't really have many issues in Naxx though.

15+ Year Old Account

Well I guess it's better that they fix som lag in naxx then nothing, still sad that guilds on most servers cannot raid more then 1-2 night each week, only raided about 5 hours myself this week (thats 1 normal raid night for my guild).

Thx for the info tho but think we'll have to wait a few more weeks until the lag is fixed.

Went from OS2drake to Naxx and had to call the raid. We will see if its better tonight.
    DOODAD_NAX_DOOR_SPIDER02

This is getting to be more than a joke.

Went Naxx25 , had worse server lag than what we have ever had
    Went OS25 , Same story

This is 10X worse than what we had before 3.0.8.
    I dont these these guy have a clue on what the actual problem is.

I am in this game to raid, Why even play it if we cannot do what we like to do ?

Had minor lag in Naxx last night, and none tonight when we finished up. (Even on Thaddius) Went to Maly and lost to the enrage timer because spells and abilities were on a 3-5 second que before they'd go. Wiped and rebuffed for 1 more attempt, and slight lag in the middle of P2, but nothing after that.
    We seem to be getting spikes, rather than a constant dump of lag as before. Regardless, this has got to stop. I, too, play this game to raid. That's what makes it interesting. Yet they've butchered even that much of it...

My server has some pretty nasty lag spikes. I haven't done any raiding this week, but I imagine it won't be good.

We had abom wing up in Naxx, we powered through Patchwerk. But Gluth was just completely impossible to do, 10 second delay on everything. The zombie chows would be on him before we even saw them spawn. So we went to Malygos and for some reason like 2-3 members kept dieing to arcane breath....? Even tho they were standing in the middle of the raid near everyone else, but no one else took damage only like 2-3 people were 1 shotted every time. After an hour of "WTF?" on that we went back to naxx (it was real late) and we cleared the rest with no lag. Still seems like its the shear amount of people in the instances.

Deleted

Nax 25 started well but lag progressively increased again. After 2 wings we got to wipe on Noth because of curse explosions (having the curses appear 5s after cast and each decurse take 2-3s doesn't help) and champions (5s lag on our dps and heals, their ae didn't have any lag though) so we decided to go to sartharion.
    Sartharion 25 : it took me 15-20s after having clicked the get to see the add...

We just called it a night, it was simply one of the worst nights since wotlk lagwise.

We went Naxx 25 yesterday. Worse than Pre-3.0.8. Much worse in fact. 1st wing up until 4 Horseman was doable, with severe lags, sometimes you realized you were dead after 5s-10s and instant-casts took 5s or more.
    Tried Patchwerk then, undoable, well the tanks survived, but DPS couldn't keep up until the enrage because of severe lags.
    Went to Sartharion 25 then, lags, but still doable. Went back to naxx and tried Patchwerk again. Unplayable, half the raid was down well before half of the enrage-timer was up. I dont't want to imagine what this would mean for Thaddius or Gluth as an example -> undoable for sure.

For Loatheb we had a tactic figured out for the lags before 3.0.8. Starting with 5-10 people less or letting them disconnect during the beginning and letting them log in again just before the kill or when others died. This worked more or less, but is not doable for most bosses because you need the DPS when an enrage-timer or a similar mechanic is used.

At this state 25 man raiding on EU-Relams is pretty much a pain in the a... and doesn't make any fun.
    Just standing in Dalaran and trying to sort your post or bankitems, still horrible.

I really consider taking a break from 25 man raiding until this is a non-issue and make myself comfortable with 5s and 10s with my alt. Or I will just hate this game more everyday and quit.

Quote Originally Posted by jhemfl
    We had abom wing up in Naxx, we powered through Patchwerk. But Gluth was just completely impossible to do, 10 second delay on everything. The zombie chows would be on him before we even saw them spawn. So we went to Malygos and for some reason like 2-3 members kept dieing to arcane breath....? Even tho they were standing in the middle of the raid near everyone else, but no one else took damage only like 2-3 people were 1 shotted every time. After an hour of "WTF?" on that we went back to naxx (it was real late) and we cleared the rest with no lag. Still seems like its the shear amount of people in the instances.
    Same exact thing is happening to us as I post this post ;p
    Any chance your on Spinebreaker, any way we attempted it 3 times 9 people disconnect and we wipe.
    Good job on fixing the lag Blizz 2 thumbs up. NAT?

15+ Year Old Account

Nope, it didn't fix for us (Kil'jaeden) at all. Last night in naxx was atrocious.

Same Issue on my server. We have yet to kill Maly 25 due to extreme lag P2. We have a 6-10 second delay in casting. We are in P2 with 7 minutes left on enrage, plently of time to get thru p2, we actually went into p3 with 50 seconds on enrage since it took so long to kill just one mob.

Naxx same issues as before, however we've been able to plow thru it, Patchwerk in 3 minutes 5 seconds. Thaddius lag is worse but we can kill him in under enrage with lag. Gluth also doable since we have some insane DPS burning him down before decimate but we have wiped on this before due to healers unable to get heals out on time.

I think Grobbulus is one of the pains due to the injection and him lagging when I kite him. He sprays the entire raid and we have slimes everywhere. We've learned to get thru it or just push or raids back. Try and clear a wing or two before it gets really bad, then come back the next day.

It kinda helps with content being mostly cleared and clearing in one day makes the week look a lot longer with nothing to do buy level alts and get them into pugs.