Healing Instance Raids/Heroics/HRaids

I was wondering what bonus healing needed to be when healing raids and instances? Also, what mods/methods do you use in healing? Thanks!!

Re: Healing Instance Raids/Heroics/HRaids

From what i've experienced it goes as follows in terms of spell power.

Heroics= ~1400 (may be low but i started doing them succesfully at this point)
    Raids= ~1600 (again this is where I started to feel comfortable)
    H. Raids= Hard to say really, my guild just started them but currently at 1870'ish and feel fine, keeping up with our shaman with 2200 is fun.

More crit the better, as my crit increases i'm noticeing the ability to spam Holy Light for a long time before going oom which really ups your hp's per sec (the change to holy light glyph is nice, 5% crit flash glyph is op). I rarely if ever go oom, only time I have is when we ran with 4 healers into nax 25 (but at the end of the fight).

As far as mods I only use grid and pally power, dont feel like i need more.

Quote Originally Posted by Starmm
    Heroics= ~1400 (may be low but i started doing them succesfully at this point)
    Raids= ~1600 (again this is where I started to feel comfortable)
    H. Raids= Hard to say really, my guild just started them but currently at 1870'ish and feel fine, keeping up with our shaman with 2200 is fun.
    This is more or less correct. However, it's important to note that Spellpower is no longer the gold standard of measuring a Pally's potential. It used to be that you could ask a PUG Holy Pally what his SP was and get a good idea for what level he was capable of performing at. While you can still kind of do this, it's not quite as reliable anymore. Low geared Pallies should be stacking Int gems, which cuts into their SP. If a pally in blues is incorrectly stacking SP, you can get an over inflated value of his potential as opposed to a better Pally who is properly stacking Int.

Grid and Pally Power (or some other mods that perform the same function) are must haves. I also like to use timer mods that let me know how long I have left on spells like Judgments, Beacon and Sacred Shield.

How you heal will change a lot based on the encounter and what type of raid you're in. But generally you find a good Beacon target and then HL away. FoL occasionally to top people off and HS when you need an instant medium sized heal.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Healbot and xpearl. True that spellpower indicates gear, mostly, and so do other stats. But..its not so mandatory, with manaregen and small haste or crit you suck. However, if you will pu some effort in that, for me:

You will suck with this stats in that instances, however you are able to acccomplish them, with some skill.