Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: The value of infected wounds for tanking.

If you're planning on being an offtank, the points are best spent other places imo, but it's definitely helpful for 5mans and for pvp'ing.

In a 25 man you will most likely ALWAYS have the debuff being applied by a different class, and in 10 man you should have a warrior or pally MT so you can OT and kitty deeps.

There are times when you have to MT, even in raids, and in those times you'll see those talents show through, but with that rationality you'll see just as much use out of Primal Tenacity or something similar.

Really, in the end, it just depends on what your guild expects out of you and typical raid setups for 10 mans - since as I mentioned, in 25 mans it's irrelevant.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Solux
    I'd suggest possibly moving that one point into Feral aggression, but probably not at the expense of Infected Wounds. I've seen a number of people suggest that only one or two points (they're not quite sure) is enough to push Boss AP reduction down as far as it can go. That's actual mitigation in terms of incoming damage and a small boost to your kitty DPS, since you're a hybrid, given the nature of how often we get to bite on a boss these days (does help kill trash a little quicker, but that's not exactly vital).

In Bear terms, Improved Mangle is a bit of DPS and TPS, but I take your point that you have an arms warrior and therefore little use for it in Cat form because you don't need to Manglespam.

Thanks for getting me to take a look at my own build for hybrid purposes, too.
    On alot of bosses you can actually get a Ferocious Bite inbetween each application of rip, and on trash these days, I never use Ferocious Bite, get Savage Roar up and spam Swipe (Cat) for some nice numbers and actually feel useful ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Telaso
    Well when you get better gear, you wont have to use Primal Precision anymore, so you can move the points from that and IMO the 1 in Imp Mangle into infected wounds.
    This is good advice. Improved Mangle is an all or nothing talent. Either take all 3 points and reduce the cooldown by 1 GCD, or take 0 points. You will always be GCD locked, using 1-2 points makes you wait either .5 or 1 second to hit mangle, or you use another ability and the cooldown reduction has done nothing.

Edit: somehow messed up quote.

Simple solution is to drop rend and tear. Its simply just not that great in a tanking build. Mitigation > Threat! Threat is easy to get and rend and tear doesn't add enough threat to make it worth it. Use those 5 points to fill out improved mangle (1/3 improved mangle is pointless) and then pick up infected wounds. Infected wounds is actually pretty nice against melee based mobs/bosses. Pull points of out predatory instincts and shredding attacks and get master shapeshifter.

It looks like you were trying for a hybrid spec but you failed miserably doing so. If you want to tank then go with a bear build and do crappy dps. If you want to dps then go cat spec and don't tank. If you want to do both then use a decent spec for tanking that can still compete in dps such as...

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...h=101117060203
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by frankster
    armour is your single, basic most important stat. its madness even considering not taking a talent that improves it.

infected wounds is replacable by a warrior or prot pala or DK in raids.

If you are talking about 5mans its a different story.
    Don't count on the protection paladin because no decent protection paladin will ever take Judgements of the Just. Protection paladins don't need to have it in raids and they actually suffer for having it in heroics. If attack speed of the mob is the problem then just have the dps warrior thunderclap.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Ektoplasme
    Wrong. I have not yet found a boss who is not affected by it.
    You don't have to apply it, it's applied automaticaly
    Every other class say the same : for example on a paladin thread you read that you don't have to take the talent because druids/warrior/DK will apply it.... that's a dumb reasonning. It's useful for you, you should take it.
    It is NOT useful for paladins because paladins are designed to mitigate/avoid hits not to push them back. The more hits you are taking the faster you regeneration mana and the faster you generate threat (holy shield + block).

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    It is NOT useful for paladins because paladins are designed to mitigate/avoid hits not to push them back. The more hits you are taking the faster you regeneration mana and the faster you generate threat (holy shield + block).
    and then the healers cry in wispers to the druids omg why can you be mting this hes tanking to much spike dammage, why do pallys take the spike dammage... and the things just continue.

in all honesty time to live is a tanks #1 priority, if you want to be ot thats fine but my ot best damn well be able to handle tanking, i dont give a damn about his dps, thats a secondary thing. i got dps puting out over 3500 dps they handle that area just fine i need an off tank who can take hits like there is no tomarow and when hes holding 2 adds on kel he damn well better be able to slow them his self cuse im not switching target to do it for him and my healers sure as hell can tell the diffrence between full tank and a dps trying to tank. they have seen furry warriors for many years doing the same stuff LOL.

but if your guild is fine geting you through the fights that way thats ok, my guild wants fights to be a simple as possible so we get through em in the least ammount of wipes while teaching those who hadnt done em before the fights.
    warriors get rust, pallys cant hear you in that bubble, death knights are screaming about voices, druids? were trying to get whats left of your face off our claws.