Page 1 of 2
LastLast

(Rant) Naxx entrance....dismount ffs!!

Really grips my lower intestines when you go to Naxx and begin to summon your party (normally cos they are going for the /afk in IF achievement) only to be greeted by some nancy on a Travellers Tundra Mammoth or on a brand new Blue Proto Drake blocking the summoning stone "lol"ing at the guys asking them to dismount!

Should be classed as indoor, when you lant/get summoned, you also get dismounted....

Rant over.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: (Rant) Naxx entrance....dismount ffs!!

Word!!!!
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald
    Word!!!!
    Powerpoint!!!

Ooooooooor....

Get your lazy assed guildies/pug members to get to the instance on time?

Summoning stones made people so lazy it makes me want to come out of their screen and slap them.

You PUG and the first thing you can hear is "Can I get a summon?".

ps. Excel

Just go without them, unless half your raid is missing I doubt it'll matter to anyone but them missing their loot

Get a lock with the new summoning stone rituals.

PS. Visio

Quote Originally Posted by Sashan
    ^ this

I stopped helping summoning ever since we had our first Gruul run. I was getting sick of people being so lazy they wouldn't even try to take a flight rather than crying to get a port.

I'm probably the person lol'ing at you guys <3

Would you rather me block the summoning stone, or the mailbox?

I don't really think they would have u block anything ;D!

Ah yes, what fun....trying to summon party members recently, a tauren having eaten a "gigantic feast"(30% bigger) slowly manouvers his brown bear mounted self to stand right on top of us... : - it didnt actually stop the summons, just was kinda obvious he had nothing to do other than crap like that, it wasnt like he was moving to help his group summon or anything.

I dont mind summoning if theres a good reason, i.e. someone had to respec, hearthstone on CD etc.

i don't think that they will ever make the people dismount there because you don't have a way to go down from there again (well falling and porting of course but they both suck if you aren't a mage/priest/have something to make yourself falling slower) if you haven't got the possibility of mounting again

what i would like to see is an over all bigger entrance, with a part you can mount an dismount and a part with the portals and the stone...maybe even some guy who can repair your equip :P

Deleted

If there is a PvP solution available (on PvP servers, different factions, etc) then just use that.
    If not (both Horde, PvP disabled, etc) then use a few words/emotes to let them know it's not wanted.

Believe it or not, but there actually is a poilcy about zoning/area blocking on the Blizzard website.
    If it really bothers you, it's easily to get rid of them by a simple ticket.

Both asked a GM a few times and had others ask a GM to have me repositioned once; quite effective.
    Nothing says "Fuck you" better than a Blizzard representative asking you to move to a different position

Quote Originally Posted by Themistokles
    i don't think that they will ever make the people dismount there because you don't have a way to go down from there again (well falling and porting of course but they both suck if you aren't a mage/priest/have something to make yourself falling slower) if you haven't got the possibility of mounting again

what i would like to see is an over all bigger entrance, with a part you can mount an dismount and a part with the portals and the stone...maybe even some guy who can repair your equip :P
    Love being a Druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sashan
    Ooooooooor....

This guy has the point.

Waiting for a summon isn't allowed for anyone in our raid(Yeah, except if we ask some ppl to respecc, etc...). We made it clear at the beginning; if you want to raid, get your ass at the instance like everyone. If 2 raiders are at the summoning stone, there isnt any reason why everyone can't be there within the 15mins between the invites and start of the raid.
    Retired.Main:Gotts.80Warrior
    Retired.Alt:Xarathor.80Shaman
    Retired.Alt:Lurked.80Mage
    Retired.Alt:Cowned.80Druid

The only mount that makes sense to have up is the Tundra Mammoth to speed up repairs after wipes. We do this when we don't have an engineer with us to drop a repair bot.

Quote Originally Posted by lurked
    This guy has the point.

Waiting for a summon isn't allowed for anyone in our raid(Yeah, except if we ask some ppl to respecc, etc...). We made it clear at the beginning; if you want to raid, get your ass at the instance like everyone. If 2 raiders are at the summoning stone, there isnt any reason why everyone can't be there within the 15mins between the invites and start of the raid.
    /nail /head.....there will always be "can you respec...." or a guildie cant make the raid so you have to get another in, or the ever so eager initiates who get to the raid 5 hours before the start...summoning stones will be used regardless.

OR...you could re-read my post...ABSORB the comment about the /afking in IF and realise it was sarchasm!

My point to this post is no matter what, summon stones will be used...unless BlairIsANinja is blocking it ( ;D) <---- this is the point

It can be easly fixed by moving summoning stones inside instances.
    I doubt blizz is going to do that though.

15+ Year Old Account

/sign

How hard is it to dismount outside Naxxramas? Some people actually use the summoning stone in the small space available. We don't want to see your Traveler's Mammoth's backside. Kthx.
    For the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by piasecznik
    It can be easly fixed by moving summoning stones inside instances.
    I doubt blizz is going to do that though.
    Hmm, I can't think of anything why that could be bad. I mean, it's not like you can't just go straight into the instance after being summoned, so let's just move the stone right in there, too.