The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Weapon Exchange using Tokens - Future Raids

(posted this on WoW suggestions already but I'd love to hear what people here think)

I have a suggestion for weapon drops in future raiding instances.

Summary: 1h and 2h weapons that drop be exchangeable for equal versions of different types - i.e. if a fist weapon drops, you can exchange it for an axe or mace.

Details: when a weapon drops in future raiding instances, you can take it to a vendor and have it "reshaped" (or whatever) to a similar type of the same weapon. So turn in your ugly 1h mace for an axe. The stats would remain the same (or not - equal but different) but the model would change.

1. it could require an expensive reagent or a gold cost, reagent could drop in same raid instance (example: sunmotes)
    2. make it part of the BS profession - Weaponsmith specialty

Reasons: purely selfish. I'm an enhancement shaman and I've been stuck with Fist Weapons as my top end damage MH/OH and I'm just sick of them. I love axes and some of the old maces are pretty great as well. I'd just like some variety in the weapons I use. Currently, there are only 2 maces and 0 axes - and one of those is a crafted.

Discuss.

p.s. Also, this type of "exchange" could be used for Tier'd armor as well. I'm enhancement atm - but let's say that for Ulduar we lose our top shaman healer (we're 10 man so 1 loss is huge). I've got my 5/5 T7 but it's for the wrong spec. Simple fix: hit a Blacksmith (Armorsmith) and for a fee (along with whatever he'd charge) he could "reshape" my armor either to the Resto version or back to a generic token with which I could then hit up the vendor.

This idea would actually add a lot of, um, depth to a profession that is lacking atm. I'm not making this overall suggestion as an effort to bolster the BS profession - but if it helps, all's the better.

Re: Weapon Exchange using Tokens - Future Raids

Although this sounds like a good idea for what you have stated. This is somewhere i think that blizzard should draw the line. I mean it sounds like it makes perfect sence but there has to be something to keep people coming back to the content. It would be too easy for everyone to have their gear for a certain spec and then people just respec and reshape all of their gear and they are an instant t7 healer. When you choose your gear you choose it for that one spec and one spec only and if you want another set then you raid till it happens. The content is easy enough these days where several shamans and paladins in my guild have mutiple sets. It all depends on how serious they are about re rolling that spec.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Weapon Exchange using Tokens - Future Raids

The armor swap might be a little too much - I agree. Blizz did do something like this with the gloves in Sunwell - but even then it was just one armor piece rather than an entire tier set.

My main point was the weapon swap - being able to change out one type of 1h/2h for a similar type weapon (a fist weapon for a 1h axe for example). Having a BS (Weaponsmith) involved would just be icing on the cake (and I'm not a Blacksmith).