Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Inscription needs more!

Quote Originally Posted by donofthedead
    With as much fun as the stuff you make can be, I agree completely. That's the whole reason I refuse to take it up.

In TBC, enchanting was almost as bad as engineering. I had enchanting on my priest and he was always broke. Sure you can farm mats to sell, but selling the actual product of what you produce was a pain without vellums.

Now we're well into WotLK, and engineering still seems to be left in the dark on the gold-making.
    Vellums are a god send...LOL..to bad you can only cast enchants that don't require an item level..which is very few.

Deleted

agreed.

in the alpha it was said that scribes would get an additional glyph slot, but that has been ditched and now the shoulder enchant is the only "perk" we scribes get

Quote Originally Posted by Malentra
    Inscription isn't in a bad state ATM, it just needs something more flashy to it, to make it more fun. Its definitely lucrative (I've made well over 25k gold off of it since December - just glyphs, no cards), though not as interesting as JC. A daily quest to learn some extremely rare or powerful glyphs or items (a trinket for example, since offhands can't be used by all classes).
    I hope I get you right: You want a daily for inscription to learn something like trinkets?
    tbh if ANY profession should be able to CRAFT trinkets, it should be JC - and i am still missing the fist weapons, blizz announced long befor BC (well there is one low-level weapon ^^)
    an JC is boring anyway - I hate dailys - think it's something worthless and pure waste of time - but I get FORCED to do dailys to learn new stuff,...what if i don't have the time to run there and there? new reciepe every 3 days? and the better ones even longer to wait for? i can't see the fun part anymore,...back in bc, when not everyone could reach the epic-reciepes, it used to be fun to be JC.
    but who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by zuxia
    Vellums are a god send...LOL..to bad you can only cast enchants that don't require an item level..which is very few.
    lol thats why there is armor vellum 2 and vellum 3.(also three lvl's of weapon too) every chant can be put on a scroll.

armor vellum 1 - vanilla chants
    armor vellum 2 - BC chants
    armor vellum 3 - Wrath chants

Quote Originally Posted by nowimnothing30
    lol thats why there is armor vellum 2 and vellum 3.(also three lvl's of weapon too) every chant can be put on a scroll.

armor vellum 1 - vanilla chants
    armor vellum 2 - BC chants
    armor vellum 3 - Wrath chants
    Thank you for the correction

Inscription is currently lacking, this is true.
    -As far as money making goes, you can make a small profit from glyphs, especially when talent trees are changed, but nothing substantial to make it on par with the amount of money you make with item enhancements. Vellums are another way to make a small income from being a scribe but still not a very large payout.
    -As for the benefits of being a scribe, a huge chunk of its appeal was lost when they removed the extra major glyph. The shoulder enchants are nice, especially for me as a tank, but when you look at the caster/melee DPS enchants they aren't that much better, at least not enough to make inscription very appealing to someone who say, was currently another profession with item enhancements.

In comparison to other professions it can seem kind of shadowed as far as the bonuses go but at the moment, you shouldn't be so quick to change professions or judge it how viable it can be. We still have a lot in store for us when 3.1 drops, I wouldn't doubt new recipes or major changes to the profession as a whole. You have to think it is a new profession, fresh with the expansion, so many improvements are going to be made, as we saw with TBC and jewelcrafting.

lolshieldslam

I won't mind things like portable Lexicons so I can apply glyphs on the go...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Papaboosie
    You have to think it is a new profession, fresh with the expansion, so many improvements are going to be made, as we saw with TBC and jewelcrafting.
    This. Jewelcrafting was pretty terrible during the first phase of TBC, too (now look at it). Blizzard has a bit of a different perspective on professions now (except for engineering, lol) so expect your profession to become more valuable as the expansion progresses.

When I get my Steam Tank/Shredder Suit, then we'll see who's laughing at us Engineers!

Unless you are an Engineer you got NOTHING to complain about.
    Engineers got exactly nothing good, the best thing we can is the mote extractor and yes, goggles are nice but nowhere near as nice as they were in BC, and you can´t make money from it either since everything require you to be an engineer save for guns and the chopper.
    Tailoring is also next to useless which is kind of funny since thoose 2 professions are the most expensive to level, JC also cost alot but atleast you can get your money back and once you get high enough it´s even a real moneymaker.

Inscription atleast have best in slot gear which is alot mopre then you can say about many other professions.

And I really wonder when they will implement woodworking in this game?!

Quote Originally Posted by DepecheMode
    Unless you are an Engineer you got NOTHING to complain about.
    Engineers got exactly nothing good, the best thing we can is the mote extractor and yes, goggles are nice but nowhere near as nice as they were in BC, and you cna´t make money from it either since everything require you to be an engineer save for guns and the chopper.
    Tailoring is also next to useless wich is kind of funny since thoose 2 professions are the msot expensive to level, JC also cost alot but atleast you can get yoru money back and once you get high enough it´s even a real moneymaker.

Inscription atleast have best in slot gear wich is alot mopre then you can say about many other professions.

And I really wonder when they will implement woodworking in this game?!
    I was too lazy to highlight everything and I'm not trying to come down on you but, please run a spell check on your post next time. The really bad spelling is highlighted in bold.

PS.
    Not trying to be the spelling Police, but damn.

Inscription is currently lacking, this is true.
    -As far as money making goes, you can make a small profit from glyphs, especially when talent trees are changed, but nothing substantial to make it on par with the amount of money you make with item enhancements. Vellums are another way to make a small income from being a scribe but still not a very large payout.
    -As for the benefits of being a scribe, a huge chunk of its appeal was lost when they removed the extra major glyph. The shoulder enchants are nice, especially for me as a tank, but when you look at the caster/melee DPS enchants they aren't that much better, at least not enough to make inscription very appealing to someone who say, was currently another profession with item enhancements.

In comparison to other professions it can seem kind of shadowed as far as the bonuses go but at the moment, you shouldn't be so quick to change professions or judge it how viable it can be. We still have a lot in store for us when 3.1 drops, I wouldn't doubt new recipes or major changes to the profession as a whole. You have to think it is a new profession, fresh with the expansion, so many improvements are going to be made, as we saw with TBC and jewelcrafting.
    I don't know how you missed Darkmoon Cards as a profit. Since I created my DK in November, I'm sitting on an average of 729 gold earned per day. Taking up inscription was the best decision I've ever made in WoW. And that includes killing Mr. Bigglesworth

Quote Originally Posted by Blightmare
    I don't know how you missed Darkmoon Cards as a profit. Since I created my DK in November, I'm sitting on an average of 729 gold earned per day. Taking up inscription was the best decision I've ever made in WoW. And that includes killing Mr. Bigglesworth
    Well I am not a herbalist, like many Scribes, who leveled it for the enchant and what we hoped was another major glyph. (=/) You can still get pretty lucky with buying out herbs and making cards this it true, but it still is luck. With the exception of Nobles, every other Darkmoon card of the north is currently selling for around 75g on my server. So with the odds against me, I can't really turn a profit on cards.

I'm just glad we will have more of a use when dual spec comes out.
    PORTABLE LEXICONSSSSSS

lolshieldslam

JC'ing income has already started to drop rapidly...especially for everything other than straight AP/Str/Spell Power.

Replacing gems is something that happened really really often and rapidly in the beginning of the expansion...but due to the ease of current content alot of people are at a point where upgrades are few and far between...meaning gems are needed less.

Couple the above with the overflowing amount of stats on items and gems like +hit +crit +exp +mp5 all start to lose their appeal compared to more str/ap/spell power.

On my server atm Scarlet Ruby's and their cuts are the only gems worth selling...everything else goes for 10-30g at most, Scarlets are holding out at around 80g for the cut product...50-60g for the raw gem.

Sure Scribes have the randomness of the darkmoon cards...but JC'ing has the randomness of farming ore for 4 hours, prospecting it all, and not getting a single Scarlet Ruby...which greatly decreases the overall value.

300 ore = 60 prospects = 10-12 blue gems with 6 different colors.

Scribes collect mats and make a card, you either get a nobles or you get a different one...either way the result is worth more than 10g at the lowest...and could be worth 600+...and be in high demand.

i dont see why engineers complain...
    As a hunter, just a hunter, i use 100-150g each raid on ultrasafe bullet thing.
    Ever since i was lvl 27, with my inscription, made every possible card i could ive gained almost nothing. I get more money from selling herbs than cards. 1card=6 icy pigment. 6 icy pigment= 3-10 stacks of flower. 1 card= 50-100g if not nobles, then its 400-500g. 1 stack of flowers= 30-50g, on my server atleast.

to add more to inscription, i would do some glyph improvement, like 10% better or something.
    Example: Glyph of serpent sting: inscrease duration by 6sec. With inscription: increase duration by 7sec(up from 6.6sec).
    Glyph of aimed shot: decrease mana cost by 20% With inscription: decrease mana by 22%.

This however, may be better, like 15-20%, but its nothing too op.
    You cannot bandage a bleeding target...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    This gets my vote for thread of the month.
    If WoW was "just" a game, you wouldn't be in this forum.

All they need to do is add more inscriptions to gear.

Shoulder inscriptions that could be used on other players for a money maker.
    Chest or Helm inscriptions for the Scribe only.

there ya go.

Deleted

I'm just glad we will have more of a use when dual spec comes out.
    PORTABLE LEXICONSSSSSS
    It looks like dual spec is just a personal spell now ... I would've liked to have seen lexicons being summoned in raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenton
    Blacksmiths can get 2 extra sockets, which is able to net them 64ap or something equivalent. Your BoP shoulders have (I think) the same stat bonus as an upgrade from the baseline version (Sons of Hodir exalted.)

Compare how much profit blacksmiths make from selling random armor/weapon (not a lot) with how much time you save from not having to do Sons of Hodir rep grind. While inscription isn't as "fun" for many people, it's hardly a bad profession for min/maxing your character's stats.
    When new gems is released, BS is going to be superior to all other professions in terms of stats.

JC's can still avoid blue gems for meta/socket bonuses (which is the major perk of jc).
    Engineers getting a buff to parachute enchant in patch, and for a long time had the possibility to make (alot) of gold from mote extractors.
    Lightweave embrodiery getting buffed in patch.
    Inscription will be even less profitable with the implementation of dual spec. People will only get new glyphs with the nerf of certain specs/spells.
    BS sockets will scale with epic gems.
    herb/skinning/mining gets nothing major, i guess this is 'fine', according to most people(?).
    enchanting/alchemy looks like they will be stagnant in terms of usefulness/perks.

I think it'd be nice to see some glyph recipes from faction vendors. Other professions get that, while our only choice is to do our research every day (which gets quite expensive when you're not an herbalise) and hope you don't continually get the useful glyphs (I'm not that lucky).