Genesis for cat form?

Before the flames come, I know that its not VIABLE for a true cat form dps, but has anyone else tried to spec 5/5 genesis to see if it increases "periodic damage"?

just wondering what anyone else thought or has tried

Re: Genesis for cat form?

several people have tried it. it does not apply to bleeds.

yes it don't work with bleeds but imo it if worked that 5% would be better than 4% crit .
    kitty num num

Quote Originally Posted by lostdruid
    yes it don't work with bleeds but imo it if worked that 5% would be better than 4% crit .
    Why not both?

I'd actually support Genesis working for bleeds. That way, ferals could actually choose between resto or balance as minor tree without wasting 5 points in the first tier (and the second tier has brambles at least... not bad for a tank or for pvp)

60% of our dmg is dots , 5% will be more useful than a so called cat spec for only 4% crit.
    Anyway not enough points for both and we already have more serious matters to attend than that.
    kitty num num

No, no and no. You may not recall Pre and Post 2.6 Feral, but I sure as hell do.

It was a huge leap for feral when we were not longer forced to spent points in a Caster and Healer tree for a physical dps/tanking role.

I'd sooner bomb Blizzards HQ before I see that shit happening again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryostasys
    No, no and no. You may not recall Pre and Post 2.6 Feral, but I sure as hell do.

It was a huge leap for feral when we were not longer forced to spent points in a Caster and Healer tree for a physical dps/tanking role.

I'd sooner bomb Blizzards HQ before I see that shit happening again.
    The idea wasn't to force ferals to spend points in those trees, but to make it possible to branch into balance aswell as resto. Right now there is no point in ferals spending points in balance and vice versa while resto has something for both in the lower tiers like Furor (which in fact offers absolutely nothing FOR resto) and Omen.

Resto hold utility abilities same as resto does for a shaman, disc for a priest, frost for a fire mage, etc.
    The idea is not to give you a way to double your damage just because you feel it would be fun to have a balance/feral build. It isnt the way the game is designed. If Genesis were to affect Cat form id expect feral to give some sort of balance or resto PvE utility which clearly isn't the case atm.
    Personally i think it should be viable for all hybrids to dps, heal, or tank at the same time during every boss, but that wont happen

Quote Originally Posted by Nirual
    The idea wasn't to force ferals to spend points in those trees, but to make it possible to branch into balance aswell as resto. Right now there is no point in ferals spending points in balance and vice versa while resto has something for both in the lower tiers like Furor (which in fact offers absolutely nothing FOR resto) and Omen.
    Because Resto, as well as being a primary tree, is also the support tree for all specs. A lot of calsses have this, one tree that offers support abilities for the two others, as well as it's only primary function.

And it totally would cause talent spreading, it would be 14/32/5 all over again. The only way to make it work would be to move some of the hybrid splits from the Resto talents to the Balance talents. At which point you are then basically doing the same thing; splitting our tertiary points between 2 other tree's. The other side of the coin is to move all of the hybrid stuff from Resto to Balance... which makes basically 0 difference given the talents they would be split with serve us no Purpose (Naturalist -> Moonglow? "Reduces mana costs of spells you won't use as you lack the mana pool, and gives 10% more physical damage).

Not sure about how you'd like to spec, but right now I can't really spare any points for balance in my Cat, Bear or PvP spec. If Genesis worked on Bleeds, you may as well remove the 4% crit from Master Shapeshifter as no one in their right mind would spec it (bar an entry level arena players).

Can't have every tree offering soemthing for both other trees... What would be the point in even have 3 trees on a druid then? May as well just stick all the talents in one tree and let us make some kind of ultra faceroll spec... Pre nerf Ret Pala with fur...

15+ Year Old Account

No, it does not work.
    Yes, if that were the case, Genesis affecting bleeds, then it would turn out better than 4% crit as a dps increase. Maybe not for starters who badly need CPs, but definetly for everyone who has a decent gear already.

There is really no discussion about specs guys. This talent does not work this way. Evaluating its effects if it did is pure theorycrafting, and as such doesn't deserve any of this ranting about cross-specs. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

It should work and since is doenst blizzard is retarded and write the real way it works, sounds very missleading.

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9
    Then show me one other spell/buff/talent that says "damage over time effects" and addresses bleeding as well. On the other hand, things that DO affect bleed specifically say so. Bleeding is considered to be a physical effect, and is by no means identical to actual DoTs, to which Blizzard consistently refers as magical debuffs. Bleed <> DoT, I didn't come around one aspect where this was untrue.

It might be a little unlucky that bleeding does deal damage over a timespan too, so that the name could be missleading if you look at it naively, but if you played the game you could know this. DoTs could be named MDoTs for further clearification indeed, but it just didn't develop that way in the past 4 years (or is it 5 already?).
    So what you're saying is, that when a mob is bleeding they're not taking Damage over Time(DoT)?
    It's not naive to think genesis would benefit DoTs; Blizzard needs to reword or rework that talent. And the reason you don't find other instances where that would be mentioned is because druids are the only class capable of both Bleed DoTs and Magical DoTs. Hunters, by extension of their pets, can do both but have even more complication in the wording of their talents to make specification of what damage is being manipulated.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Toughshift
    Before the flames come, I know that its not VIABLE for a true cat form dps, but has anyone else tried to spec 5/5 genesis to see if it increases "periodic damage"?

just wondering what anyone else thought or has tried
    I am very glad you asked that. A similar question came up in guild the other day when we were bored lol. Being far too lazy to test it on my Druid I'm glad people responded with insightful information about it not working.

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9
    Then show me one other spell/buff/talent that says "damage over time effects" and addresses bleeding as well. On the other hand, things that DO affect bleed specifically say so. Bleeding is considered to be a physical effect, and is by no means identical to actual DoTs, to which Blizzard consistently refers as magical debuffs. Bleed <> DoT, I didn't come around one aspect where this was untrue.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=34470 procs off feral bleeds if i'm not mistaken. It doesn't specifically address bleeds.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40373 apparently does as well.

15+ Year Old Account

Who would actual use those in a feral build? There's much better trinkets out there.

Everyone go read the actual tooltip. http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=57814

Damage and Healing. If you've played this game for at least a year you'd understand that damage and healing is gone and is now integrated into Spellpower. Just because Blizzard hasn't updated the tooltip to reflect it as Spellpower doesn't mean it should work for feral bleeds. Bleeds are bleeds. They are not spells nor are they casted.

Frenzied regeneration has been static as well and is only effected by your total health. If something like Genesis would effect it then amplify/dampen magic would also but they don't.

I don't understand why this keeps being brought up. People keep trying to make something out of an ability that doesn't work that way.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

thats from timbal's. i dont have the sapphiron trinket, but in regards to it, it's actually an excellent feral dps trinket, im not sure why thark was bashing on it.

15+ Year Old Account

After digging into it I'm probably wrong, that trinket doesn't look that bad. I wonder how it compares to Grim Toll or Fury of the Five Flights. Maximum of 4 procs a minute if everything is perfect.

-T

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222