Poll: Gief back ?!

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Old School Ranking system.

As you may know , there cannot be any player that didn't enjoy the ranking system. The way you were looking at a hw , the items you could get and so.

Please vote and comment your decision.

Re: Old School Ranking system.

Bring it back Blizz!

WTB Grand Marshal Toroko

only if ONE person can get it per week like they had it in the good old days....
    It's just a game.

So to become a gm you got to sacrifice youre job, school, social life and sleep. Should take a few months i suppose

i already got rid of all that junk, i want the grind back

Quote Originally Posted by losfer
    So to become a gm you got to sacrifice youre job, school, social life and sleep. Should take a few months i suppose
    Exactly. It should be very, very hard to obtain.

Quote Originally Posted by losfer
    Or go back in the day and solo tag carnie and have your raid group kill him. Look at US Shattered Hand history on wow wiki for the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    only if ONE person can get it per week like they had it in the good old days....
    We had two persons reaching High Warlord the same week on our realm... and they were both the "first" horde R14 on the server, which means this was back in December '05 or so

I loved this old system, mainly because my server Skullcrusher started a group called SCUnited (im sure someone reading this on mmo-champ was in it) together we grinded many Alliance to rank 14, i have to say those were the best times ive ever had pvping in wow, besides old world pvp.

The old system was soooo much nicer, it was actually challenging to get pvp gear, it wasn't just handed out welfare gear like it is now, and the gear was actually good for raiding too, so many would grind to rank 14 then join a good raiding guild. Most people who hate the old system eather never played it and are just going by what they think, or just never got into the system so if they cant do it they automatically hate it.
    WoW Died at Patch 2.0

I knew 2 guys that achieved top rank in the old days. And they were online 24/7, one quit the job, and one ditched school. Ye, we rly want the old system back. You say it was hard to get pvp items? it wasnt, just alot didnt have time todo it

So long as you find a way to make the system reflect skill (not to be confused with time invested), yes.

Are you insane?

This is like wanting to become a slave because you don't get paid enough for your work.

The time required to get to rank 10 was silly. For rank 14 was just retarded. The old ranking system was horrible at it's best. Any minute that you didn't spend in a BG would reflect negatively towards your next rank.

Yes, that included time spent sleeping because someone would be pvping and getting ahead of you. And for what? PvE gear was still miles ahead of the pvp set.

I'm not a very big fan of arenas, but the old ranking system was just wrong in so many ways that is best left in the past.

To OP... First, the way you said: "ME LAIKS ARENA FECK BGS ZOMG", shows you don'tlike the new system, but puting an option in caps and written like that, you already are calling out people as retards, whoever would choose to vote for that option... A little bit immature, but anyway...

Loved the old system... And ofcourse, people who didnt play back then, and started later would never understand it, but this doesen't mean that what arenas bring should be thrown away... Instead a mixture.

The ranks you would get from the "insane" BG grind was respected, even though if it didn't value skill... But if someone wants to grind endlessly and takes pleasure in it, he should had been given the option still to get those ranks, leading as far to Grand Marshal or high Warlord...

Ofcourse, the arena tittles should stand aswell, just as the acces to some decent equipment you could get per certain rank... Which would ofcourse have to be worst than actual arena gear, but still good enough, and should even require rating.

For example: A grand marshal would have access to a weapon of choice, named "Grand Marshal's Cleaver" (example) that would require a little less rating than the same season arena weapon, but is also a little worst in quality of the item. (So you STILL have to do well in arenas in order to make your grinded BG tittle resoult in an item!!!)

This would give battlegrounds a new meaning, other than marks farm which you are done with soooo fast.
    And yeah, maybe people with no life would be rewarded with this tittle over people who play less, but those tittles used to stand for something, and even though the new system has it's good sides, seeing ranks back for BG grinds would be nice.

there will be many ppl when you pst them in bg will have an automatic response of

"I'm doing something atm, please don't bother me" while being /dnd....something robotic comes to mind.

I played it. I even got all the way to champion without a BG group to carry me and I still think the system was horrible.

My highest rank was blood guard. (got demoted alot)

i loved the old pvp rank system. tho i want the ranking system back i dont want to need to be high warlord to get pvp gear... that would suck... (it was like that back in the days right? or is my mind playing tricks on me again?)

At rank 10 you could get the last pieces for the full blue pvp set. You wouldn't get the last pieces for the epic set until rank 13. Needed rank 14 for the weapon.

If it simply offered a title, then sure, I'd be all for it.
    If it was required for gear, then there is no chance I would want it back. It was way too time demanding on most servers.

I'm all for hard and challenging things in a game that honestly has become very easy through the years. But time-wise it still has to be manageable with a fulltime job and/or family.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    But we're worried that logic might not lead to the best game.

I WANT THE RANKS BACK! hear us blizzard T_T ! :P

I liked the Old System. I still the remember the old weekly PvP rankings, seeing how you did in relation to the rest of your faction.

I got to Centurion I think as my highest (never quite got the rare headpiece :'()

*Though I'm still worried about the higher ranks (rank 13-14). Those ranks were straight up unhealthy for any players to try.